Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: heart murmur blah blah blah
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Health
jackizzle
Okay so I fainted like 2 weeks ago right-I made a topic about that.. haha. And so I got an EKG after I fainted and a cardiologist read it and found something abnormal so I just went in yesterday to have another EKG and just to be examined by the doctor. So I was talking to him, blah blah blah, and I was telling him how I ahve cataracts[had them removed] and glaucoma- both eye conditions. And after the exam he told me I had a heart murmur-but everyone does- and then in May I had to get an ultrasound of my heart and also wear a 24 hour heart moniter. And then he was saying that sometimes if someone has something wrong with the eyes-glaucoma or cataracts- that there could also be something wrong with the heart. I've been seraching google and yahoo-to no prevail- about heart conditions that coincide with glaucoma or cataracts. So I was wondering if anyone knew anything-which I doubt- or if anyone could help me figure something out. It'd be GREAT! Thanksss :]
Kim3rz
I don't know what it is but sometimes I get this feeling where I get very light-headed and have this weird feeling in my chest where like it feels like my heart is either beating too fast or too slow or skipping beats; I don't know what it is.
But is that was a heart murmur is? because I have NO idea. But i've never had glaucoma or cataracts so maybe it's not a heart murmur.

Yeah I bet that didn't help you at all, sorry.
jackizzle
A heart murmur is when you can hear the blood running through your heart. Everyone has it and it is especially easy to hear in teenagers. If you ahve a stethoscope-although I dont know how many people do..- you can hear it. I'm not exactly sure what it sounds like. There is a normal heart murmur-which most people have- but then there can also be an abnormal one. So I know I have one for sure because the cardiologist listened to my heart for like 20 minutes and told me so. He just said that sometimes when something is wrong with the eyes there can also be something wrong with the heart.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.