Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: interracial marriages.
Forums > Community Center > Debate
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
yrrnotelekktric
It`s a simple concept. Interracial marriages. Are you for or against them? Give your reasons. _smile.gif
Mulder
I'm completely for it.

But then again, I don't believe there should be different races, so, why would I be against interracial marriage?
Kim3rz
i think interracial marriages are perfectly fine.

just look at my family: you got your koreans, your russians, your indians (eastern), native americans, african americans, irish, french, and greek.

and my boyfriend's filipino.
kryogenix
Interracial marriage is a threat to diversity.
Libertie
QUOTE(kryogenix @ Apr 18 2007, 11:28 PM) *
I know that technically you're making a valid point, but are you being serious or just taking the opposite side to shake things up? :P
kryogenix
This is debate, that's outside the scope of the topic.
Libertie
Fair enough, I guessed you'd say something like that. Anyway, like I said before, I see your point. However, instead of focusing on the implications of having less diversity as a result of interracial marriage, I'd rather look at it in terms of people becoming more open-minded and willing to accept people from different races. If people refuse to marry outside their respective races, would they not be less willing to socialize outside that circle as well?
kryogenix
I have no problem socializing with people of other cultures, but that doesn't mean I'm going to marry them.

If we all mixed up, we'll all turn beige. And there will be no more colors of the world.
viugiufgjhfhjfhgch
QUOTE(kryogenix @ Apr 19 2007, 8:24 AM) *
I have no problem socializing with people of other cultures, but that doesn't mean I'm going to marry them.

If we all mixed up, we'll all turn beige. And there will be no more colors of the world.

No more united colors of Benetton advertisements, either. :B
mona lisa
QUOTE(kryogenix @ Apr 19 2007, 2:24 AM) *
Ditto!

It's going to happen anyway, so why not start now?!
Monochrome.
Theres nothing wrong with mixing it up a bit.
As a brown person I happen to love the white men... throb.gif
kryogenix
QUOTE(mona lisa @ Apr 19 2007, 2:42 PM) *
Ditto!

It's going to happen anyway, so why not start now?!

Yeah, but look at the consequences. Hook up a Jamaican with an Italian, and you'll get little Pastafarians. Indians with Jews and you will get Hinjews. Mix someone from the Netherlands and someone from the Philippines, and you get a Hollapino. Someone from Iceland and someone from Cuba, and you get Icecubes.
kimmytree
I think they're definitely fine. If you love a person, who cares what color their skin is? I perfer to stay within my race, mostly because of culture, but its not that important to me.

Bob Jones University (HUGE Christian college in South Carolina) came to my school awhile back... afterwards I heard kids talking and it turns out they're strictly AGAINST interracial marriages. Specifically whites marrying blacks. I guess they just mean they wont do a ceremony in their church or on the school grounds, but still. That's insane, and almost makes you think that they're racist.
mona lisa
QUOTE(kryogenix @ Apr 19 2007, 3:35 PM) *
Yeah, but look at the consequences. Hook up a Jamaican with an Italian, and you'll get little Pastafarians. Indians with Jews and you will get Hinjews. Mix someone from the Netherlands and someone from the Philippines, and you get a Hollapino. Someone from Iceland and someone from Cuba, and you get Icecubes.
Hey, I can quote him too. hammer.gif

'You can run from us now but sooner or later, we'll hump you'. So all you non-Indians and non-Chinese better watch yo' backs.

QUOTE(kimmytree @ Apr 19 2007, 3:44 PM) *
I think they're definitely fine. If you love a person, who cares what color their skin is? I perfer to stay within my race, mostly because of culture, but its not that important to me.
True. It's more of a preference than something that is 'wrong' or 'right', whether it be your own or family's/parents' preference.
kryogenix
QUOTE(mona lisa @ Apr 19 2007, 3:54 PM) *
Hey, I can quote him too. hammer.gif

'You can run from us now but sooner or later, we'll hump you'. So all you non-Indians and non-Chinese better watch yo' backs.

Yeah, figured since you're Canadian, you'd know :)
fameONE
This is an interesting debate because, for the time being, people are just going off social acceptance and mutual attraction. I completely agree and I'm all for it.

However, think about those families of a certain race, of a certain culture that would like to continue it. Perfect example, my ex is Mexican. her family is a rather large, Mexican, traditionally Roman Catholic, Spanish speaking family. The negrito definitely didn't fit in. One on one, she and I never had a problem, but she and I different upbringings, we believed in different values and, in the end, it didn't work out. The physical attraction part was easy. Going out with one another wasn't a big deal, but when family got involved, things got complicated.

Personally, I say, "f**k it," do your thing. Be you. Know yourself, know where you came from and know where you're going. Once you have a sound sense of who you are, you won't have to worry about changing for someone else, them changing for you, or for you to be conscious of holding hands with someone of another race.

Besides, I can't hate on this, I love women. Period.
cori-catastrophe
there's nothing wrong with it. even if your family is racist, you get to make a desicion based on who you love. they can't do that for you. you should definately respect your family's wishes, as well as your spouce's, but in the end you get to make the desicion.
kryogenix
QUOTE(hazardous @ Apr 22 2007, 12:48 PM) *
there's nothing wrong with it. even if your family is racist, you get to make a desicion based on who you love. they can't do that for you. you should definately respect your family's wishes, as well as your spouce's, but in the end you get to make the desicion.

Unless you're gay.
yrrnotelekktric
I read this article online recently for an English project and it was saying how the interracial marriage was genocide toward the white race. I`ll have to find it. mellow.gif
kryogenix
It's true, blue eyes is a recessive trait IIRC, so the more interracial marriages take place with blue eyed people, the more harm will be done.
Amaranthus
This topic is somewhat dumb. Of course its ok. Why anyone be against it? Only people with predjudice would disagree(no matter how much they deny they aren't)
kryogenix
QUOTE(Seraphim9 @ Apr 22 2007, 6:18 PM) *
This topic is somewhat dumb. Of course its ok. Why anyone be against it? Only people with predjudice would disagree(no matter how much they deny they aren't)

That's awesome logic right there. You might just win national debate competitions with that argument.
Amaranthus
QUOTE(kryogenix @ Apr 22 2007, 6:20 PM) *
That's awesome logic right there. You might just win national debate competitions with that argument.

I can't tell if you're serious or not, because you do have a tendency to be a pissy bitch.just saying stubborn.gif
kryogenix
Better to be pissed off than to be pissing your own pants because you're too stupid.
Amaranthus
I hope you realize that that made no sense whatsoever. But I guess I wouldnt know, considering the fact that apparently dont know how to use the br. oh well:\
kryogenix
wow is this kid for real?

WELL I'M RUBBER AND UR GLUE SO WUTEVER U SAY BOUNCES OFFA ME AND STICKS TO YOU

XD.gif
Amaranthus
Haha I used that when I was 5 maybe?
kryogenix
QUOTE(Seraphim9 @ Apr 22 2007, 6:36 PM) *
Haha I used that when I was 5 maybe?

Are you slow or something?
Amaranthus
QUOTE(kryogenix @ Apr 22 2007, 6:39 PM) *
Are you slow or something?

yeah..but mainly because im very lazy. But why do you ask?
kryogenix
Because you haven't realized the lack of seriousness in any of my posts?

Just saying.
Amaranthus
yes i have, but I dont see how thats relevant to me being slow.

maybe its just stupid.
Simba
Guys, please stick to the topic. If you really want to continue this, take it to the PMs.

(Yes, James, that would mean you would have to clear your inbox.)
Amaranthus
QUOTE(Arjuna Capulong @ Apr 22 2007, 6:44 PM) *
Guys, please stick to the topic. If you really want to continue this, take it to the PMs.
(Yes, James, that would mean you would have to clear your inbox.)

Im sorry, i tend to get carried away when im speaking with rednecks thumbsup.gif
kryogenix
QUOTE(Seraphim9 @ Apr 22 2007, 6:47 PM) *
Im sorry, i tend to get carried away when im speaking with rednecks thumbsup.gif

Wow that's utter fail.

Anyway, my point stands, this guy has no debating skills because he can't get past ad hominem, and I win.

QED.
Amaranthus
Wow ur cool
you use big words.
kryogenix
Why yes, I do.

Now are you going to get back on topic, or will the moderator have to warn you?
Amaranthus
No, getting on topic is fine with me.
Simba
QUOTE(Seraphim9 @ Apr 22 2007, 6:59 PM) *
No, getting on topic is fine with me.
Please do get back on topic.

Ok James, since your inbox is full, I'm going to have to give you your verbal warning here:
Dear James,

This is your verbal warning. You have received this warning for member bashing in Debate. Please read over the community guidelines and follow them. Don't worry, this warning is only a verbal one, and does not affect your ability to post. If you have any questions about this warning or any of the rules, feel free to PM me or another moderator.

Refer to:
http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php...t&p=2539000
http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php...t&p=2538981
Basically, you tried ridiculing him.

Arjuna
kryogenix
I disagree and I will argue both. See me in the feedback forum.

I hope you warned him too.
Simba
QUOTE(kryogenix @ Apr 22 2007, 7:07 PM) *
I disagree and I will argue both. See me in the feedback forum.

I hope you warned him too.
I did, sir.
Amaranthus
um whats a feedback forum?
Simba
QUOTE(Seraphim9 @ Apr 22 2007, 7:17 PM) *
um whats a feedback forum?
http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php?showforum=64
If you have any concerns or suggestions for createBlog, that's where you would post them.
Amaranthus
ohh yes i found it. but ty anyways.
Mystic Eyes
QUOTE(kryogenix @ Apr 19 2007, 5:28 AM) *

Wow, your stupid.

Who gives a damn. When people say "Oh yeah it's fine by me" It's like saying, oh it's ok but not what should really be. reality is that colour shouldn't be an issue but people make an big deal out of it.

The colour of someone's skin should even be a factor in whether or not you marry/love/like a person.
kryogenix
QUOTE(Mystic Eyes @ Apr 23 2007, 5:54 PM) *
Wow, your stupid.
No I'm not.
Podomaht
IF UR BLACK STIK TO BLAK, GOD
IVIike
QUOTE(brownsugar @ Apr 18 2007, 10:11 PM) *
I'm definitely not against them, and I say marry who you love. Race shouldn't even be an issue.

i pretty much feel the same it really shouldn't matter ermm.gif
Podomaht
Mixing races will cause diseases and spread plagues throughout the world. Mixed people are a disgrace to society!
sakaitone
There are enough people in the world who would marry their own race, so I don't see a problem with inter-racial marriages. Also, inter-racial marriages are rare in the U.S. (I'm not sure about the stats for other countries)

QUOTE(Podomaht @ Apr 26 2007, 1:43 PM) *
Mixing races will cause diseases and spread plagues throughout the world. Mixed people are a disgrace to society!

I can't tell if you're serious or not.

You know, women tend to want to date within their own race, according to research.

African-American women said yes about 30 percent less often to Hispanic men; about 45 percent less often to white men; about 65 percent less often to Asian men.
White women said yes about 30 percent less often to black or Hispanic men, and about 65 percent less often to Asian men.
Hispanic women said yes about 20 percent less often to black or white men, and 50 percent less often to Asian men.
Asian women didn’t discriminate much by race (except for showing a very slight preference for Asian men over black or Hispanic men).

For equal success with an African-American woman, a Hispanic man needs to earn an extra $184,000; a white man needs to earn an additional $220,000.
For equal success with a white woman, an African-American needs to earn an additional $154,000; a Hispanic man needs $77,000; an Asian needs $247,000.
For equal success with a Hispanic woman, an African-American man needs to earn an additional $30,000; a white man needs to earn an additional $59,000.
For equal success with an Asian woman, an African-American needs no additional income; a white man needs $24,000 less than average; a Hispanic man needs $28,000 more than average.

Link
oRe0_c00KiE_cAkE
QUOTE(brownsugar @ Apr 18 2007, 6:11 PM) *
I'm definitely not against them, and I say marry who you love. Race shouldn't even be an issue.

i totally agree _smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.