Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CB Idol
Forums > Community Center > Music
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Libertie
Finally, we're ready to start the new round of CB Idol! For those who don't remember or weren't around last time, we had a lot of great participants and hopefully this time will be even better. Those who have expressed interest in the topic in feedback will be sent PMs to let them know this has been posted, and to anyone else who might be interested, please go ahead and send in your submissions! The more the merrier. _smile.gif

Submissions

1. Maggie (cup noodles) 2. Jane (My Cinderella.) 3. Reili (ai + you) 4. br34ker4lyfe 5. Anastasia (a beautiful nothing) 6. Danielle (danifbble) 7. Linda (dreamerOi)8. Kim (Days Nearly Over)
  • Sway by Michael Buble
9. Jelyn (juh-leen ) 10. Aimee (stolen)
    11. (gemulon)
      11. Alysa (alysaphobia)
        -------------------------------------------------------------

Rules

How it Works:[list]
      • This being the preliminary round, members who are interested send in a sample recording.
      • Before the submission deadline has passed, the judges will determine the number of participants for the first official round. Out of the submissions, we will choose the best in order to fill those spots.
      • Each round, based on community feedback and judges' opinions, a participant will be eliminated from the competition until only one is left, our CB Idol. _smile.gif
      Submission Guidelines:
      • Each submission should be at least 30 seconds long.
      • Use only your own voice - no background vocals or harmony.
      • Background music is allowed and recommended. If you don't know where to get accompaniment tracks for your songs, I suggest searching for a midi file - these can be easily found and are usually free.
      • Submission must be your own and must be something that was not previously posted elsewhere.
      While we're still just starting CBI2, any suggestions (themes, judging, or otherwise) can be sent to Libertie, Arjuna Capulong, or tic tac. Please send in your submissions by Saturday, May 5th. Good luck!

(By the way, to those who have asked about why my entries from CBI1 have disappeared, they've been rehosted. You can now find them here.)
      HakunaMatata
      OMGYAY! dance.gif Definitely looking forward to listening to the recordings.
      misoshiru
      I was thinking, that you could use http://www.ksolo.com

It's an online karaoke site that's for free. So, if contestants recorded their songs on KSolo, and gave us the links to listen to them, it'd be pretty nice since it has the instrumentals and all. Not to mention that you wouldn't have to find places to host it.
      Libertie
      ^Huh, I'd never heard about that. It'd be cool if people use it, the only thing is that right now my operating system (Mac OS) is not supported, so do you know if I can still hear the submissions if people use that?
      YaGurlSukedMe2SLeep
      Dani, you promised you'd rap for me.
      My Cinderella.
      Oh, I've been waiting for it. I can't wait! I'll get started on my song.
      kryogenix
      This is perfect. Now I need to find a Sanjaya to enter in this competition, and 100+ accounts to vote for him/her.
      Libertie
      ^Part of me died tonight when Sanjaya was voted off. sad.gif

Unfortunately in that case, and particularly because voting tends to get out of hand, the results are influenced by the community and decided by the judges. I suppose once we get past the prelims we could start taking votes, though.. hmm.
      StanleyThePanda
      Sanjaya was voted off? hahahaha I thought he was going to win! XD.gif

Anyways, yay for another CB idol! I'm excited to listen to the entries.
      Just_Dream
      Actually, people could make Sound Click accounts and upload songs there.

I mean, I've done it myself, and a window just pops up and there's player, or the song could be downloaded. And you don't have to be a member to listen to the song, I believe. Try it:

PSST

I'm definitely not entering though, since I'm not good at singing anyway, compard to many others.

Ooh I think you might need quicktime to play the files, but I'm not sure... ?
      iDecay
      ^ It'd be nice to have more people join! You aren't half-bad. tongue.gif

I'm gonna change the rules to 30 seconds long. Some people had trouble getting a minute last time, and 30 seconds seems alright.

Dani, this round is free for all, right? Judges meeting later, yes?
      danifibble
      yay! i'll record soon happy.gif
      misoshiru
      QUOTE(Libertie @ Apr 19 2007, 7:10 AM) *
      ^Huh, I'd never heard about that. It'd be cool if people use it, the only thing is that right now my operating system (Mac OS) is not supported, so do you know if I can still hear the submissions if people use that?

I'm not sure since I don't use a mac. ermm.gif But...maybe if you tried it?
      Libertie
      30 seconds is fine I suppose for the early rounds, but really in the later rounds we need something longer. If it's that short then we can't really get a good idea of the contenstants' abilities.

Yeah, any theme, choose whatever you want, since this is the prelim round. The judges do need to have a meeting for sure.
      lostgrl16
      i made one on ksolo but ehh lol. i think it sucks cause i cant hear my background music
      viugiufgjhfhjfhgch
      If you have audio editing software, you can record your singing and save it in an independent track, then record the vocals on the original music, as if you were merging two tracks (assuming you are using a midi file, or an intrumental track of any kind).
      voguelove
      QUOTE(.misoshiru @ Apr 18 2007, 1:40 PM) *
      I was thinking, that you could use http://www.ksolo.com

It's an online karaoke site that's for free. So, if contestants recorded their songs on KSolo, and gave us the links to listen to them, it'd be pretty nice since it has the instrumentals and all. Not to mention that you wouldn't have to find places to host it.

that has background vocals, though.

edit- okay i made mine on there anyway. ill send it in to one of the judges.

http://www.ksolo.com/actions/showSongProfi...&uid=344751.
      My Cinderella.
      There's two parts to it, one for the main part and the rest for the ending. Hope I can do that. pinch.gif

http://media.putfile.com/Until-You-Come-Back-to-Me-Part-1
      http://media.putfile.com/Until-you-come-back-to-me

Wait...what am I doing, I can just edit the post. whistling.gif Forgot I had powers for a second.
      Libertie
      Hey guys, where are all the entries? :P
      Stefanny
      Bwahahahahaha, I'll record mine soon; I'm sick and I need to wait till my nose unclogs.

How about you Dani? I wanted you to join =\
      iDecay
      Steph, Dani won last time, therefore she's a judge. tongue.gif

Online. 2 user(s) are reading this topic. 0 guests, 0 anonymous members, 2 members.
      tic tac., ANGEEZY.

HI ANGEEZY.
      Libertie
      QUOTE(Stefanny @ Apr 27 2007, 6:29 PM) *
      Bwahahahahaha, I'll record mine soon; I'm sick and I need to wait till my nose unclogs.

How about you Dani? I wanted you to join =\

Yup, I'd totally do it again but there are rules and such. XD
      Saeglopur
      QUOTE(Stefanny @ Apr 27 2007, 7:29 PM) *

ZOMG, same here. mad.gif I hate my immune system.
      Just_Dream
      I was thinking of entering, but it's tough, since I'm not that great. sweating.gif

OMG Maggie You have such a cute voice! <3

What programs are you guys using, anyway? To record my voice, I used Audacity.
      Libertie
      ^You are too good, you should enter! ohmy.gif
      danifibble
      i don't know what to sing =( but yeah i'm sick too ! i'm waiting til my nose feels better lol
      Libertie
      Reili's entry is up, everyone check it out! _smile.gif

Looking forward to hearing entries from the sick people. =[
      talcumpowder
      Uh, yeah. Sick people please enter so that I don't have to sing mainstream music. Please?

Oh! And if anyone can't hear what I'm saying . . . You can find the lyrics here.

(Yes, I wrote that. No, it doesn't have actual music for it. Anyone wanna write some? X3)
      Phil2thejay
      Hmm yeah
      me
      Philjay (Br3aker4lyfe)

Where Is She - J. Roman ft. Solouna OR by Natalie.

my recording
      just for fun. right guys? =D
      woot first guy!
      Simba
      QUOTE(br3aker4lyfe @ May 1 2007, 9:38 PM) *
      Hmm yeah
      me
      Philjay (Br3aker4lyfe)

Where Is She - J. Roman ft. Solouna OR by Natalie.

my recording
      just for fun. right guys? =D
      woot first guy!
      This guy has balls.
      Phil2thejay
      alot of guys do.
      HAHA
      laugh.gif
      and thanks for the compliment?
      atleast I think that was? O.o
      Simba
      Yessir, that was a compliment.
      Phil2thejay
      QUOTE(Arjuna Capulong @ May 1 2007, 10:24 PM) *
      Yessir, that was a compliment.

Well then thank you =].
      Am I really the first guy to enter this CB Idol thing? haha
      I havent check the first CB Idol. Im about to.
      Simba
      Well, Mark participated in the first cB Idol. He was the only guy at the time though, if I'm not mistaken.
      clarity
      As some of you know, I'm "grounded" so I had to get this in rapidamento! (yes I know I probably spelled and used the wrong spanish word)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/6/26/916...enbyflyleaf.mp3

My voice sounds sooo young when I'm sick and attempt to sing. blink.gif

wow.

that's just embarasing, yo.

my voice cracked so much... and my voice kept switching from high to low. blink.gif

for those out there-
      REMIND ME never to sing while I'm sick ever AGAIN.

edit, re uploaded backup. http://media.putfile.com/Red-Sam-Cover-by-...ly-from-Flyleaf
      S0ul_Reaper
      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA IMA make one, im gonna sing my heart out. sike

but I like maggies submission so far pretty sweet. I want steph to sing some disney songs.
      Simba
      QUOTE(S0ul_Reaper @ May 2 2007, 5:54 PM) *
      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA IMA make one, im gonna sing my heart out. sike
      This guy has no balls.
      Phil2thejay
      QUOTE(Arjuna Capulong @ May 2 2007, 5:56 PM) *
      This guy has no balls.

Lol I think I might change the song I've choosen.
      Kinda dont like it =.=

QUOTE(a beautiful nothing @ May 2 2007, 5:41 PM) *
      As some of you know, I'm "grounded" so I had to get this in rapidamento! (yes I know I probably spelled and used the wrong spanish word)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/6/26/916...enbyflyleaf.mp3

the link doesnt work for me =[
      clarity
      ^ Woah, really?

Is anyone else experiencing this?

edit

reuploaded, backup: http://media.putfile.com/Red-Sam-Cover-by-...ly-from-Flyleaf
      Phil2thejay
      grrrr theres either something wrong with my quicktime player.. or all ur files currupt me...
      Simba
      Well, they're working for me, Anastasia.
      Phil2thejay
      QUOTE(Arjuna Capulong @ May 2 2007, 7:15 PM) *
      Well, they're working for me, Anastasia.

They work for me now too.
      Just had to restart the laptop^^
      nice voice considering ur sick too!
      Libertie
      Awesome, thanks you guys for sending in entries. _smile.gif

I hate to extend the deadline, but we may have to do that if we don't get more entries in soon. I don't want this to be an extremely short contest. pinch.gif
      My Cinderella.
      Come on people! Stop procrastinating!
      StanleyThePanda
      Erm, I would enter. but idk how to record on here.... ermm.gif I'm using an iBook, Dani do you know? haha
      Libertie
      Kara, I use GarageBand, but since I don't think your version came installed with it, I would try Audacity.
      StanleyThePanda
      I figured it out! yahoo.gif Thanksss. I can do it on my version of GarageBand.
      You may be hearing from me, unless I don't like it. hahahahaha
      danifibble
      i sent my submission to dani :D like i said in the PM let me know if you want me to rerecord.. =(
      Libertie
      Dani's submission is up (I didn't know if she wanted to go by Dani or Danielle, haha)!
      My Cinderella.
      Aww, Dani. What a cute submission. throb.gif I love this song.
      This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.