Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cold sores
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Health
[vanesSa]
i just got a cold sore this morning... at first it was just red, but now it's pretty swollen. do you guys have an tips on how to speed up the healing? ugh i haven't gotten one in a while... it just had to come at the worst time. _dry.gif
Monochrome.
EWWW COOTIES.

No in all seriousness there are these certain little creams you can put on them to speed up the process.
breakingdawn
Yeah go to the drugstore. There's bunches of them. I think there's one called Abreva or something? I remember seeing that commercial on tv.
LOWinSKANK
i`ve never gotten one on the outside of my mouth, weird. ;x only on the inside, OW. and i don`t do anything to them. besides making it hurt more with orange juice.
Eryi
QUOTE(Brittany Rachelle @ Apr 9 2007, 4:01 PM) *
i`ve never gotten one on the outside of my mouth, weird. ;x only on the inside, OW. and i don`t do anything to them. besides making it hurt more with orange juice.

They appear inside the mouth? Or are you referring to canker sores?
I've never had that, but my friends put on Abreva.
HakunaMatata
QUOTE(Brittany Rachelle @ Apr 9 2007, 1:01 PM) *
Ohhh yeah, I used to get cold sores and canker sores mixed up all the time. Canker sores are on the inside while cold or on the out. Beats why they're named that way. shrug.gif

Abreeeeva! The most little tiny tube you'll ever find the price, but it works wonders.
danifibble
abreva works pretty well although it's expensive for a little bit

hehe but yeah.. if you don't get that you can put chapstick on it.. a lot ! well that's what the nurse told me one day.. but she recommended abreva
YourSuperior
I suggest you use abreva or carmex. Carmex usually helps mine when I don't have abreva, even though I haven't had a cold sore in almost 2 years.
lojay
Never tried it, but heard it really works. Put Pepto-Bismol on it -- Just a dab -- as soon as you feel one coming. But if it is reoccuring then ask your doctor for a perscription of Famvir, Valtrex, Zovirax.
bigitchbay
I have 3 Canker Sores right now .. I searched it on Wiki and it said it got infected when i bit my lip @___@.
I put salt on it .. it felt good ..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.