Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First Designing Experience
Forums > Resource Center > Designers' Café
Simba
What was your shot at designing like?

I remember mine was using GIMP and I was trying to separate the subject from the background by erasing everything around the subject. That took forever. I don't remember exactly what the subject was, but I believe it was for a layout on Xanga.
k33zy
My first designing experience I tried to smooth out my webcam pictures that had too much noise in them with photoshop. I can't even begin to talk about my attempts to cleanly remove a subject from a background, lol I try hard but i still have yet to get it right.
StanleyThePanda
I think... I was using paint. mellow.gif That should tell you something.
And the first time I used PSP, Im sure that was crapppy too.
xtrancie
oh MS PAINT BABY! ahahah XD i had to make everything out instead like photoshop T-T
Blaqheartedstar
i use to mess alot with paintshoppro until i got photoshop and started to make backgrounds
then i got a camera and the world of photomanipulation opened up to me
The Markster
My early web designing days were Horrible. I started out with MSPaint, and thought I could create cool patterns with it or text designs. Apparently, they didn't turn out very well. Then I moved on to Macromedia Fireworks MX, and later 8. I got only slightly better, but hell I overused the bevel filter cause I thought it was cool. One of my [ugly] early sites was this one. tongue.gif I didn't even get to finish it, haha.
dilariousxb
I, too, started with MS paint... and oh my, everything was pixel-y and ugly. Then I got photoshop and I covered all of the pics with brushes -___- Very chaotic and messy x_X
Richt0wnFin3st
copying and pasting lol
i upgraded form paint at 11
n it got serious but i usta just
get a psd and a background and darken it and call it a day
IVIike
i started in microsoft picture it pinch.gif ew everything was so ugly i learned how to make xanga scc and i designed that for a while. then i started to make divs for myspace

this is the first div i ever made

http://www.createblog.com/layouts/download.php?id=16062

i didn't submit it for about 5 months becuase i wanted to keep it for myself i think it's ok ermm.gif i just hope to keep getting better
freeflow
Horrible. I was using paint. Posting here in sticky caps . laugh.gif

Months later.... I deleted all the images off the web (well atleast most) so noone can see my horrible days.
phoenixpyre
HAHAHAHAHA i combined paint with a program called unfreez (to make animated .gif icons)

yeah

i was terrible at stuff like that
Relentless
My very first experience was....

I had photoshop, found a picture that I liked, put a little text on it (not even advanced either). and I called it as my background for my neopets userlookup. lol. it was long ago. =X
Mulder
i made xanga layouts...in paint.
technicolour
I was a stupid 13 year old messing around with CS.

I first learned how to add color to a black and white image. And then how to change the colors in someones eyes. I was so proud of myself that I kept showing my parents it.
phoenixpyre
^hahaha omg me too...
i USED to show them everything
michellerrific
MS Paint. I would slap random images from Google and make it into a background or banner for Xanga layouts. Sounds crappy now, but back then as a noob it actually looked pretty good to me.
phoenixpyre
^omg me too!
Simba
Oh, that MS Paint. I have a friend that's not have bad with it, drawing this stuff from scratch.

k33zy
oh gosh i so forgot about my ms paint days... i used to make those avatar dolls.

k33zy's avatar dolls
The Markster
QUOTE(k33zy @ Apr 5 2007, 9:56 AM) *
oh gosh i so forgot about my ms paint days... i used to make those avatar dolls.

k33zy's avatar dolls

Doesn't sound so noobie to me. _smile.gif
I can't even make those kinda stuff, ahah.
k33zy
QUOTE(The Markster @ Apr 5 2007, 9:35 PM) *
Doesn't sound so noobie to me. _smile.gif
I can't even make those kinda stuff, ahah.

i was past determined to learn how to make them since everyone else had the cool ones. i created a good bit of those within the first week of figuring them out. now all i need to do is apply that determination to myspace layouts lol XD.gif
StanleyThePanda
QUOTE(k33zy @ Apr 5 2007, 12:56 PM) *

k33zy's avatar dolls

Oh gosh, I remember my dolls. laugh.gif
http://www.geocities.com/tigerfairy89/dollz.html
Those were from when I had PSP. XD.gif *dies laughing*

More PSP days:
http://www.geocities.com/tigerfairy89/art.html
http://www.geocities.com/tigerfairy89/graphs.html
http://www.geocities.com/tigerfairy89/adopt.html

Oh jeeeeez, so funny.
Mulder
hey, don't knock psp.
StanleyThePanda
^ Oh no, I'm not. I was a n00b. laugh.gif
I got better at psp over time, it is a good program.
k33zy
QUOTE(StanleyThePanda @ Apr 6 2007, 4:20 PM) *

laugh.gif XD.gif those are cuteeeee. i tried to make the super large ones but they never came out right.
My Cinderella.
I remember using paint to make banners when I got inspired from a site called ewwnotanotherbannersite. I thought they made the best banners. So, I continued to make my own. Then I said...this would go well with a layout.
AliceBadeau
My first experience was a collage of my favorite character on ps.
It came out alright. I always look at when I need inspiration to design because I find all the things I could have done better or added something to make it unusual
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.