Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Folder & Wordpress
Forums > Resource Center > Support Center > Wordpress Support > Wordpress Resolved Topics
bigtrey90
I recently decided to make a blog for my upcoming website with Haloscan, but before I wanted to use Wordpress and saved all my work in the folder I download from the site. Is it okay if I still use the Wordpress folder even though I not using it for my website anymore, cause when I upload my files with Smart FTP, I don't want the file to show up as wordpress/wp-content/example_1/image?
Sabastian
Rename the wordpress folder or delete it and make another one.

Oh and I saw the other thread you made about wordpress :). If its a blogging program you're looking for I sudjest CuteNews (www.cutephp.com). Its good for people that aren't familiar with installing programs and stuff onto your site. I also atempted to use smartftp which wasnt working so well because i was only using the free trial, so I also sudjest using FileZilla (http://filezilla.sourceforge.net/). Its free and has all the stuff you need without having to go and buy some fancy ftp program.
bigtrey90
Yeah I was thinking about Cutenews too, but I tried renaming the folder and when I went to preview one of my webpages all my images were gone cause the computer thought it was moved. I use Smart FTP but it's not a trial cause it's been on my computer for a month now....and it was FREE!
Sabastian
Well.. yea if you change the name of the folder then the computer wont recognize the url that you put in the image code. After you renamed the folder or changed the position of the files you have to go back to your layout or wherever your images are and put in the new adress of the images.
bigtrey90
yeah I know, that's what I was trying to avoid, thanks though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.