like ..
- Thursday
- Poison The Well
- From first to last
- Alexisonfire
- The Used
.. ect
FlamingFungi
Sure! Check out Haste The Day and Dead Poetic.
outline this
Funeral For A Friend is really good, too.
angel-roh
one of their song was ok heh but i dont know the name title. none of the list above. i dont think any of them is one of my favorite song haha
StupidLoserGuy
QUOTE(outline this @ Jun 10 2004, 12:24 AM)
Does anyone like screamo music?
like ..
- Thursday
- Poison The Well
- From first to last
- Alexisonfire
- The Used
.. ect

The Used? Seriously? eh. rolleyes.gif

Screamo is good on my list, but sometimes I get tired of trying to figure out what the hell they are saying. sad.gif That is why I like bands that mix up emo and screamo, hence...emocore. but yes, i <3 alexisonfire.
StarryEyedSurprize
i like some of those...
Rachel
i love screamo...its quite intense....dead poetic is AWESOME....i strongly reccomend them...umm who else...senses fail, strike anywhere, avenged sevonfold, authority zero..... rolleyes.gif
ryfitaDF
i like thursday and the used. don't forget From Autumn to Ashes.
DoOdOox3
I LIKE SCREAMO!
Chidori
The Vines do a lot of screamo shit.
Rachel
the vines do not classify as screamo tho...they classify as sucko...no just playing...=)
ryfitaDF
the vines are "indie retro rock". not screamo.
supjuls
SENSES FAIL wub.gif

Oh, and Silverstein :] i like alot more but those two are my favorite.
lumpy
umm ok so most of these bands are good, i just wanna make this clear THE VINES ARE NOT SCREAMO! theyre indie...yeah they have the little billy talent yells...but not screamo at all... check out as i lay dying, everytime i die, dare i say hawthorne heights, lovehatehero, underoath, norma jean, otep, kittie....just to name a few..hit me up on AIM if you have any questions.
Levy2k6
Norma Jean anyone?
NoSex
Can you say Buzz-Word?

stubborn.gif
Blow_Don't_SUCK
I like the band Kittie, they're pretty good for a screaming rock band of girls.

and there's this band called "Bullet for A Brave". They're not signed yet but they're just a local band making their way.
ikn0wurm0m
as i lay dying
bleeding through
chiodos
silverstein
hawthorne
ummm everything on my ipod is basicaly screamo and i have 2000 songs.
voguelove
i HATE screamo..but a lot of bands will include screamo. just not in all of their songs. i like some songs from hawthrone heights. just not the screamo ones..
ecargnmyst
yeah..

kittie..hawthorne heights..as i lay dying..otep..some other stuff
cheerbee07
I def. do =)

I didn't know that The Used counted as screamo though...I read online once that they're "Metal/Post-Hardcore"

I love a lot of the bands mentioned above though (especially Silverstein, Senses Fail, From First To Last & Underoath)

isn't Fear Before The March of Flames screamo too?
(or maybe I'm just demented haha)
misoshiru
QUOTE(Rachel is love @ Jun 11 2004, 1:26 AM)
i love screamo...its quite intense....dead poetic is AWESOME....i strongly reccomend them...umm who else...senses fail, strike anywhere, avenged sevonfold, authority zero..... rolleyes.gif

i LOVE authority zero throb.gif

screamo's okay. at times, it gets a bit overboard, but as rachel said, it's quite intense.
EddieV
You forgot Underoath. But yes I love screamo.
miszkristinexox
i like some of the bands mentioned above, esp. underoath.

hawthorne heights sick.gif
flc
No. A simple and resounding no.

Screamo gives me headaches. -_-
Krateguy09
I don't see The Fall of Troy mentioned. I'm not a big screamo fan, but I'm a huge fan or Alexisonfire, and The Fall of Troy is good.
StanleyThePanda
I could've sworn I posted in this topic.
Anyways, I love screamo, yes.

Dead poetic
Underoath (older = better haha)
Norma Jean
Seneca
Kill whitney dead
Emery
Blindside
As I lay dying
Showbread
Beloved
Kids in the way
Zao
Hopefall
Stretch armstrong
Still remains
Extol
From autumn to ashes
Secret lives of the freemasons
Between the Buried and Me
Wereismybelt
i really like

-Yesterdays Rising
-Underoath
-Saosin
-Brand New
-Atreyu
Unfold
hm, i like screamo
it's not my first choice but i do have on my iPod...

--hawthorne heights
--from first to last
--underoath
--senses fail
--emery
--silverstein
xprobablecausex
QUOTE(outline this @ Jun 10 2004, 12:24 AM) *
like ..
- Thursday
- Poison The Well
- From first to last
- Alexisonfire
- The Used
.. ect

That's not screamo!
That's emo!

You people listen to emo music.

Stopppppp with the emo already.
stubborn.gif
xOpRiNcEsSpReTTy
ughh. i hate screamo. its only okay if it's in an emo/soft rock song, and only for part of the song. i would not be able to stand a screamo cd the whole way through. and most of those bands you listed are mostly emo. whatever.
d0t0rg
Oh wow... none of the bands mentioned here are Screamo or Emo. Just Hardcore and Post-Hardcore bands. Emery is probably the closest this thread got though for Emo.
pinksharpiex
QUOTE(outline this @ Jun 10 2004, 12:24 AM) *
like ..
- Thursday
- Poison The Well
- From first to last
- Alexisonfire
- The Used
.. ect

Those bands aren't screamo. They're more like post-hardcore. Screamo is like Saetia. I like screamo when it isn't used completely through the song.
ecargnmyst
yes. but some screams are just bad and dry..=\ i like those juicy wet screams =]
d0t0rg
QUOTE(pinksharpiex @ Mar 25 2006, 8:51 AM) *
Those bands aren't screamo. They're more like post-hardcore. Screamo is like Saetia. I like screamo when it isn't used completely through the song.

Good band :)
d0nchikit0
More than half the bands listed aren't screamo. Like from first to last, avenged sevenfold, senses fail and the used. I mean just because they scream in two of their songs doesn't mean they are screamo. And there is a fine but invisible (to most) line between hardcore and screamo.

So anyways... i like some screamo. Behind Crimson Eyes, old Boys Night was screamo or post-hxc [not sure], chiodos, saosin, scary kids scaring kids, silverstein, etc.

I HATE HAWTHORNE HEIGHTS!

Had to get that off my chest.
me1issaaaa
Blindside is my favorite.
xprobablecausex
QUOTE(d0nchikit0 @ Mar 25 2006, 11:18 PM) *
More than half the bands listed aren't screamo. Like from first to last, avenged sevenfold, senses fail and the used. I mean just because they scream in two of their songs doesn't mean they are screamo. And there is a fine but invisible (to most) line between hardcore and screamo.

So anyways... i like some screamo. Behind Crimson Eyes, old Boys Night was screamo or post-hxc [not sure], chiodos, saosin, scary kids scaring kids, silverstein, etc.

I HATE HAWTHORNE HEIGHTS!

Had to get that off my chest.

Please. Avenged Sevenfold (especially M. Shadows) have been screaming in the albums: Warmness On The Soul, Sounding The Seventh Trumpet & Waking The Fallen.
He screamed wayyyyy more than just TWO songs in those albums. rolleyes.gif

Otep, Opeth, DevilDriver, Superjoint Ritual, Six Feet Under & even Fear Factory are great examples of screaming as well.
d0nchikit0
QUOTE(xprobablecausex @ Mar 26 2006, 2:56 PM) *
Please. Avenged Sevenfold (especially M. Shadows) have been screaming in Warmness On The Soul, Sounding The Seventh Trumpet & Waking The Fallen.
He screamed wayyyyy more than just TWO songs in those albums.

A7X isn't screamo though. If anything, they are/were metalcore, as much as much as they might hate it. Just because a band screams doesn't make them screamo. Otep & FF isn't screamo. They don't even sound a bit emo.
xprobablecausex
QUOTE(d0nchikit0 @ Mar 26 2006, 6:28 PM) *
A7X isn't screamo though. If anything, they are/were metalcore, as much as much as they might hate it. Just because a band screams doesn't make them screamo. Otep & FF isn't screamo. They don't even sound a bit emo.

Durr, I never said they were emo or screamo.
I stated those bands were good examples of screaming.
Because they are. Blood-curdling screams, especially at the beginning of Oteps CD House Of Secrets.
You must admit, there is screaming involved in those bands.

& I agree with you about Avenged Sevefold. They are not screamo nor emo. In an article in the magazine Alternative Press, they are referred to as a "metalcore band from Orange Country".
*phew* No emo bands here!
XD
d0t0rg
A7X is rubbish anyways. Want some good metalcore, check out I Killed The Prom Queen.
xprobablecausex
QUOTE(SyKoKiNeSiS @ Mar 27 2006, 3:24 AM) *
A7X is rubbish anyways. Want some good metalcore, check out I Killed The Prom Queen.

I like them just fine thanks. =]
StanleyThePanda
QUOTE(xoxo_koala_kisses_ @ Mar 25 2006, 11:38 PM) *
Blindside is my favorite.

*dies* I didnt know you liked blindside. All 5 of Blindsides cds are amazing <33

-Blindside
-As I lay dying
-Norma Jean
-Haste the day
-Emery
-Seneca
-Kill whitney dead
-Secret lives of the freemasons
-Classic case
-Scary kids scaring kids
-Kids in the way
-Darkest hour
-Extol
-Hopesfall
-He is legend
-Stretch armstrong
-Showbread
-Zao

Alot of these are more metal than screamo, but w/e
And I've probably listed half or more of them in this thread already. But you can get over it. _smile.gif
Reliantjoel
QUOTE(FlamingFungi @ Jun 9 2004, 10:28 PM) *
Sure! Check out Haste The Day and Dead Poetic.

Dead Poetic doesn't scream anymore.

QUOTE(StanleyThePanda @ Mar 27 2006, 2:16 PM) *
*dies* I didnt know you liked blindside. All 5 of Blindsides cds are amazing <33

-Blindside
-As I lay dying
-Norma Jean
-Haste the day
-Emery
-Seneca
-Kill whitney dead
-Secret lives of the freemasons
-Classic case
-Scary kids scaring kids
-Kids in the way
-Darkest hour
-Extol
-Hopesfall
-He is legend
-Stretch armstrong
-Showbread
-Zao

Alot of these are more metal than screamo, but w/e
And I've probably listed half or more of them in this thread already. But you can get over it. _smile.gif

I like blindside too, but their first and latest album are not what I would call amazing.

Silence is their best work.
no-name
scary kids scaring kids, darkness rising(local band)
BrokenDream
Hmm.. depends really. Oh! There is also UnderOATH. Their a screamo band.

Ermm.. well it really depends like I said. Not a huge fan, but a little? Eh hard to explain blink.gif.
Rachel
Mmmm, I've been listening to old Underoath lately, LOVELY!!

I also like Chiodos and whatnot.
ChaosPunx
QUOTE(xprobablecausex @ Mar 18 2006, 9:32 PM) *
That's not screamo!
That's emo!

You people listen to emo music.

Stopppppp with the emo already.
stubborn.gif

Actually screamo is emo music but a little bit harder. Personally i hate screamo bands they cant play guitar or right lyrics without trying to kill themselves. Anyways listen to punk not screamo Punk is 10x better and much more intense.
marzipan
no. i've never heard of any screamo bands.
d0t0rg
QUOTE(ChaosPunx @ Jul 19 2006, 2:18 PM) *
Actually screamo is emo music but a little bit harder. Personally i hate screamo bands they cant play guitar or right lyrics without trying to kill themselves. Anyways listen to punk not screamo Punk is 10x better and much more intense.

Lol Negative. Bands like Shikari, LLBNF are way more intense than any crust, anarcho, street punk band. Not taking sides though since I listen to those bands on your avatar aswell.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.