Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: does guy's looks matter to you?
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Girls' Locker
Charisma
My friend says that looks don't matter for guys.[/
[font=Times New Roman]I don't care really...as long as i love that person=D ♥
BOOGERSHAHA
as long as i think he's good looking, i'm fine. even if my friends don't think he's all that great and i find him amazing, i'll be smitten.

haha smitten. so i guess yeah, looks matter.
xBUTTMUNCHx
People have different taste, and they like different kinds of people. But to me i think that a guys appearance isnt the biggest part that matters. maybe a little....BUT his personality matters a LOT! rolleyes.gif
ldyxluvable
not really but he have to be at the OKAY level haha but i dig personality more
murderwaltz
i think for me.. looks does matter but his personality counts way more than how he looks. he has to be good to look at, i cant have someone like.. beyond ugly. wow, i sound shallow. pinch.gif
RAWRstephishere
I go for personality mainly.

But being cute is always a plus.

:D
pedophile
Mm, of course, but he also has to have a good personality along w/ it.
alysaphobia
yeah, i'll have to admit it does.
i think somebody's appearance will have an effect on everybody, what differs is just how much it affects you.
personally, a guy's looks will draw me in... but it's his personality that'll keep me interested.
Intercourse.
Ah I couldn't really read the pink font in your post Flyingna, could you perhaps darken it up some?

I don't think looks really matter, I guess I just never really cared. I go for a personality for the most part and if he has a good enough personality then I think its fine, although I don't think anyone can have a perfect personality and I think in the long run for everyone looks matter a little. wink.gif
pinacoolada
It depends on the person.
Personally, looks would be about 30%, and personality would be around 70%.
tokyo-rose
I go for personality more than looks, but he should be at least average in appearance.
My Cinderella.
I'm not going to lie, sure, it's nice to have a boyfriend that's easy on the eyes. Looks aren't everything though. I honestly do think personality is key. `Cause he could be drop dead gorgeous but have a morbid personality.
ohserena
of course it matters! just like it matters for guys. physical attraction is very important in a relationship, for both people.
megggnasty
It definitely does matter for everyone. For a lot of people, physical attraction comes hand-in-hand with personality. If I like a guys personality, I will think he's attractive, even if he's no Channing Tatum (he's hot from the neck down?). If the guy has horrible hygeine and doesn't care what he looks, then ew.
mishyerr
BULLSHIT
We're all shallow bitches; I wouldn't date someone I couldn't look at.
YaGurlSukedMe2SLeep
QUOTE(brownsugar @ Mar 13 2007, 6:04 PM) *
But I'm more "Deep" I guess haha, about other things.

Oh Dang.

Hell yeah, it better matter!
PINAYSTER
looks really shouldn't matter..
but i care anyway.
misoshiru
Looks definitely do matter.

If I'm not even remotely attracted to a guy, I won't want to get to know them. And even if I do know them, because there's no attraction there, it just wouldn't work out. There needs to be physical chemistry too.
Kathleen
QUOTE(mishyerr @ Mar 13 2007, 1:39 PM) *
BULLSHIT

Yeaaaah. I'll admit it. XD.gif Honestly, though.. you can't really truly like/love someone if you're not physically attracted to them. I'm not saying that personality should be disregarded, but still.. physical attraction is a large part of it. You can only date someone whom you aren't attracted to for.. so long.
pedophile
QUOTE(mishyerr @ Mar 13 2007, 2:39 PM) *
BULLSHIT

laugh.gif I'm pretty much the same way.
clarity
QUOTE(RAWRstephishere @ Mar 10 2007, 8:10 PM) *
I go for personality mainly.

But being cute is always a plus.

:D

I'd definitely agree with that. You took the words right out of my mouth.

Lol. _smile.gif
lightsabersavvy
i dont even think my current boyfriend is.. cute.
he is kind of.
haha, thats so weird, but i guess i dont care.
gr00vyswordsman
QUOTE(GhEtTo_DuChEsS @ Mar 5 2007, 3:33 PM) *
People have different taste, and they like different kinds of people. But to me i think that a guys appearance isnt the biggest part that matters. maybe a little....BUT his personality matters a LOT! rolleyes.gif

yeah, well if there were a girls section if girls looks matter...id say personality first, and looks are 2nd to me. As long she is healthy and not obese then im good. Tell me if im wrong, but this goes to both sexes girls or the guys...size says a lot about your health and personality. She doesn't need to be a sexy model, but in shape to a degree is always nice. Plus, you two can always be workout partners and tell eachother what you want...if your open minded that is.
voguelove
yes, it does.

im just going to come out and say it.
NgocQuyen
i don't think looks really matter. if he has a great personality and he's someone that i can just talk to and not have to choose my words and can just make me smile, i'm fine with him :)
StanleyThePanda
This is my personal opinion, but I think that if you love someone, Then you are going to find them attractive.
Does that make sense? _unsure.gif
faysiiee-x
Well i find that if i really like someone even if their ugly i find them fit because i really like their personality. So really looks dont matter to me. _smile.gif
pedophile
^ But then what would make you notice the person you like? I doubt you're going to know someone has a good personality just by looking at them. It's the looks that draw you in to the person. wink.gif If maybe we [girls] were able to do that, then maybe all the good-looking guys that turn out to be jerks wouldn't get most of the girls.

QUOTE(gr00vyswordsman @ Mar 20 2007, 5:28 AM) *
yeah, well if there were a girls section if girls looks matter...id say personality first, and looks are 2nd to me. As long she is healthy and not obese then im good. Tell me if im wrong, but this goes to both sexes girls or the guys...size says a lot about your health and personality. She doesn't need to be a sexy model, but in shape to a degree is always nice. Plus, you two can always be workout partners and tell eachother what you want...if your open minded that is.

AMEN. throb.gif
Mr. Slowjamz
i say its up 2 UUUUU . ho ho ho . im pretty full .
Shelley_Mackenzie14
Looks aren't that important to me, but I'm not saying they don't matter. I wouldn't date a guy if he looked like a hobo homeless guy. but I wouldn't date someone just because they're hott. usually the "hott" guys who get alot of girls turn out to be jerks who just want sex.
EmoEyelinerx
QUOTE(pullthecord_x @ Mar 10 2007, 5:09 PM) *
i think for me.. looks does matter but his personality counts way more than how he looks. he has to be good to look at, i cant have someone like.. beyond ugly. wow, i sound shallow. pinch.gif

Lol well if you sound shallow so do i becuase i think the same exact thing
Anjelly
Oh of course it does. But the guys I've gone out with werent the greatest looking guys. And the guys I've had crushes on weren't gorgeous either. :/ I mean the guy i like now...let's see he has frizzy hair and my sister calls him fat lmao. XD Personality matters so much more to me-and I can NOW honestly say that.
Jinny
No, but I wouldn't want somebody who's really ugly either..
LennonLime
Personality matters so much more to me than looks, but like other people have said... iwould never date a guy who looks like a hobo. I mean, it does play a small role, obviously. but its not the main reason why I would date someone..... mellow.gif
trulyandnever
QUOTE(StanleyThePanda @ Mar 23 2007, 1:46 AM) *
This is my personal opinion, but I think that if you love someone, Then you are going to find them attractive.
Does that make sense? _unsure.gif

Yes. I would have personally never gone for the type (in appearance) that my BF is before, and now... happy.gif
demolished
If the person you like ... happen to have a lost arm and leg after you met the person .... do you still want that person?
trulyandnever
I reckon it would kinda depend on the situation.

Like, if your an (old?) married couple that have just had their 15year anniversary or something, then no, I don't think it would matter. But if your young, been going out for say.. 2 years or something, it may matter, yeah.

If my BF lost a limb or something... I dont know what I'd do cry.gif
michellerrific
It's not the thing that really matters most but of course it still matters.
suddenly she
QUOTE(Spiritual Winged Aura @ Apr 28 2007, 8:33 PM) *
If the person you like ... happen to have a lost arm and leg after you met the person .... do you still want that person?

You never really know until it happens.

Looks are a plus, but I've crushed on a guy who wasn't incredibly physically attractive.
The deal breaker for me is if they play music or not. If they don't... I'm not interested. mellow.gif
EmoEyelinerx
I think that personality is the most inportant but LOOKS are VERY important to
ashy_dawn
Of course its important to be c=somewhat attracted to a person but if you TRULY love someone their looks don't matter! you love them for their personality and who they are not how hot they are!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.