Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Art is much less important than life, but what a poor life without it.
Forums > Resource Center > Designers' Café
Azarel
Do you use any less "traditional" graphics programs? Which? How did you get into the more obscure program? What I mean by less traditional graphics program is, anything other than the same old photoshop, paint shop pro, GIMP, paint, etc. Programs that I feel fall into this category (at least cB-wise) would be Terragen, Terraspace, Bryce, Cinema4d, 3d Studio Max, Open Canvas, Painter Classic, perhaps flash..

Oh, and Joe is a fantastic artist who combines these and photoshop. /shameless plug;

I'm looking to get into flash in the near future; I've tried Terragen before and will probably use it again some time. Also, I've used AutoCAD as well as Rhinoceros3D in a drafting course.
mzkandi
I'm beginning to use CAD. It's a program most of the interior designers at my school use but I'm starting to learn it. I would also like to learn more about Flash but that will come in time. Game Art students at my school use 3D Max, amazing program but I've never had a chance to touch it.
StanleyThePanda
I really want to try Cinema4D; I've used Terragen, but all my Terragen artwork was on the computer that.. er... crashed.
I need to go d/l it again though, I would love to get back into it. As well as Flash. happy.gif
michellerrific
I've experimented with Macromedia Flash before and I really want one except I don't have the money for it (and can't find an illegal copy...). I used it to make a five second video clip of the iPod style thing we did for our Photoshop class. It turned out good.
mona lisa
I've learned the very basics of Flash and would love to learn more since I'v seen some really awesome things produced using Flash. I may get Inkscape, which is a free, open source version of Illustrator. I've thought about trying Terragen and C4D but haven't had the time and I doubt I will now. =\
WHIMSICAL 0NE
I've always wanted to get into Flash...
Blaqheartedstar
QUOTE(WHIMSICAL 0NE @ Feb 25 2007, 2:08 PM) *
I've always wanted to get into Flash...

same here... pinch.gif i have 6 but no clue how to use it... same with dreamweaver... sad.gif
flaymzofice
Not really a hardcore designer like you guys; I'm pretty happy with PS though have heard of some of the others. Saying that, my laptop would probably die running some of those programs anyway :eyeroll:

And Amanda, hearing you on the Dreamweaver front. For about a year it just sat on my other computer then I was like...too complicated, I'll just code manually thanks.
clarity
I use fireworks sometimes.

And blender for 3D modeling.

Oh, and I use flash.
Ktru
Yup i love fireworks too, totally rock over illustrator xD.

I also tried getting into flash, but it was too hard for me. Actually it has a lot of coding in it too. I think it's a miracle how some people can pick up flash.

I've also used dreamweaver, but it's not something that i think is less traditional. A lot of coders I know use it, because it's easier over front page. I've tried both and microsoft front page doesn't seem as strong as dreamweaver.
Ington
Joe is amazing at everything.

I've used Terragen, Cinema 4D, 3D Studio Max, Manga Studio EX 3.0 (comic art and publisher), Dreamweaver (not so much of a graphics program, but whatever), Macromedia Flash, AutoCAD 2007, and some others I can't remember.

Why would someone want to buy these programs? I just got them for free by other means.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.