Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Strep Throat?
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Health
Forgotten Azn
just wondering, what are some of the food i cannot eat specifically if i have strep throat? i forgot to ask my doctor.
Duchess of Dork
Try to avoid anything acidic (citrus, tomato juice/based sauces, etc) or salty. More than likely they will just irritate or burn your throat (not literally, it'll just feel like that). Also, avoid spicy foods (cayenne, OUCH) or anything that's terribly crunchy.

Try sipping on chicken broth and drinking lukewarm chamomile tea (with honey). Mashed potatoes are great since they're typically mild and goes down easily. Basically, anything soft and mild is recommended.

----> Moved to Health
Forgotten Azn
how bout chocolate like kit kat and roche? iono how to spell it
me1issaaaa
^ Idk about candy bars, you might not chew it up all the way and it could irritate your throat. Hot chololate is supposed to soothe your throat, though. Just make sure your stomach isn't messed up as well, or else it'll just make you sick.
multifaceted
With chocolate, I believe that you can eat that, as long as you chew it up in smaller pieces.

Don't drink orange juice or eat any citrus. To get the vitamin C, take a multi-vitamin and a supplement. You need it to help you get better. Swallowing a tablet is easier and doesn't sting your throat as much as orange juice.
My Cinderella.
Gargle every few hours with a solution of 1/4 teaspoon of salt dissolved in 1/2 cup of warm water.
Drink plenty of warm beverages, such as tea with lemon (with or without honey) and soup.
For strep throat, eat and drink cold foods and liquids such as frozen yogurt, popsicles, and ice water.
If you get a sore throat often consider adding an electronic air filter and humidifier to your furnace system.
Don't smoke.
Avoid eating spicy or acidic foods.
Suck on a piece of hard candy or medicated lozenge every so often. (Do not give to children under age 5.)
Take an over-the-counter medicine for the pain and/or fever.
Do not get in close contact with anyone you know who has a sore throat.

Rebecca basically summed it up. Hope you get better.
Forgotten Azn
thx for the help everyone, this is killin me since i cant eat the usual food but since i can still have ice cream, i'll last biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.