Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: There are two kinds of people in this world
Forums > Community Center > Music
HakunaMatata
Disclaimer: There's a Prince thread, but not comparing the two.

The two are always compared, and for years I thought Jackson was hailas better than Prince. But after the Super Bowl? Tons more respect for Prince.

Jackson still gets most of my admiration, but who's your pick?
multifaceted
Neither. I don't like or hate either of them.
viugiufgjhfhjfhgch
Prince once was a good composer, but his performances kind of suck. Jackson can't compose to save his life, but his performances saved his career. Both were once in touch with reality, but now they're not.

I don't like either of them.
Jinny
neither of them, i just think that theyre.. bad.
Monochrome.
i love both prince and michael jackson about the same.

So i cant really pick over the other sad.gif
KissMe2408
I really like them both, So amazingly talented.
You can't really choose between the two,
completely different styles.

So, Love them both.
WHIMSICAL 0NE
Prince hasn't really aged since Purple Rain. I guess he has a good surgeon. Honestly, they both scare me the same.
technicolour
He killed Best of Me. He killed a Foo song. SLAUGHTERED.

Roar.

I can handle prince over MJ anyday.
Stefanny
Lol, Michael Jackson stopped being in my intrest since the whole boys thing.

Prince, definately. happy.gif
devaani
Micheal Jackson all the way. Even though he totally f**ked himself over.
Duchess of Dork
Hmm. Well, I guess I'd have a split personality then, as I liked them both very much during their prime. For example, I have both Off the Wall and Purple Rain in my CD wallet.

This kind of reminds me of the Rollings Stones VS The Beatles thing some people have. I've often thought, why can't I like both? (Even the The Beatles are WAYYYY better. [/immature]) tongue.gif
smoke
^ Amen. Beatles all the way. I love the Rolling Stones though just cause when I think "Rockstar" I think of them, lol. And of course they're not bad.

Anyways, I don't like either of the two. I've always thought their music was terrible.
Monochrome.
^*dies*

wow.

i can see someone saying prince ...but MICHAEL JACKSON???
hes the king of pop for a reason.

or was
DarkImpressions
Well..I liked a couple of Micheal Jacksons songs but there all old so now..I sorta dont like neither of them.
animalinside
People still look to both of these peoples' music for inspiration for a reason. It's just that the idea of what good music is has spread out and has been influenced by the media much more than before.
Personally I hate alot of the more popular bands such as The All-American Rejects and Fallout Boy, but I still like some of the other ones such as RHCP, Incubus, Metallica and many others.
misoshiru
MJ. Because of Thriller.
LiLEthiopian
i'm such a big fan of both.
but prince just doesn't hold anything back.

have you heard this song called "darling nikki"?
you can thank that song for the parental advisory stickers.
Blaqheartedstar
was always a jackson fan.... i still like his music... and it seems i'll always will... as a person though? he messed it up the 2nd he got his "nose" done... and it went down hill after that

as for prince i have to say hes done well on his physical apperence and although i didn't grow up listening price i wouldn't mind listening to his music ... or his latest stuff
Rachel
QUOTE(Sherlock. @ Feb 7 2007, 5:39 PM) *
He killed Best of Me. He killed a Foo song. SLAUGHTERED.

pinch.gif Best of Me is originally a Prince song.

Anyway, as a few of you have said already, no comparing them. They have different styles and whatnot. I love both, granted the love I have more MJ is for his old shit and when he wasn't a disfigured crazyyyy and Prince for before he changed his name to a gender sign and then back to Prince but ehh, they were both awesome in their primes.
HakunaMatata
Yeah, someone clarify, I know the joke "the artist formerly known as Prince" but um...if his name is Prince now, then what was he before? help.gif
Rachel
^Haha he was originally Prince and then changed his name to a mixed gender sign (both male and female signs mixed together) and then he changed it back to Prince.
Uronacid
I don't care if Micheal Jackson likes little boys... Prince ruined half-time!!!
Retrogressive
QUOTE(brownsugar @ Feb 12 2007, 12:30 AM) *
Like I can't get into it. His music is like...weird...like you're listening to a psychopath or something.

Haha, I actually LOL'd on that one.

Music alone, I have got to go with Michael Jackson. I do like Prince though. I guess it depends on what you grew up with and for me that's Jackson. I think most 80's stars have lost touch with reality in some respect. Boy George has a YouTube account, everything is very eighties. I don't think most singers could get out of the eighties. I guess that goes for every generation.
animalinside
I dont completely know the story, but here is what I do know...He was originally known as Prince, but then got sick of the label he was on and they had some issues between them. So, he decided that if he were to change his name, he wouldnt be bounded by their contract, so he did and gained the freedom to express himself how he wanted to.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.