Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: getting your tounge done
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Health
wildncrazyath3rt
i need help.

im 16 17 in april.
and i want to get it done before hand.

if any is there a such thing as a tounge retainer?

bc i heard of them. and hiding them
breakingdawn
define "getting your tongue done"

like pierced? and what is a tongue retainer?
multifaceted
blink.gif

I've never heard anything called a tongue retainer. I can't help you.
wildncrazyath3rt
lol yea getting your tounge done. i really want to get mine done. but i dont know how to ask. or not even ask.
Intercourse.
Some facts to help you if your getting your tongue pierced:
http://www.coolnurse.com/piercing.htm

Tongue Retainers:
http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/online_st...tainers_435.cfm

Their clear things that you can just put in place of the piercing so its not as noticable.
wildncrazyath3rt
yes i want to hide it.. in the process it is healing

have u done it?

bc i dont kno.. they will know. evenchally.

i know i have to be 18.. gr.
WHIMSICAL 0NE
You can't wear retainer's until it is fully healed. Usually it should take 2 to 3 weeks for it to heal. IMO, they are the peircing that heals the fastest and cleanest, with good care. Usually because you tongue is just a muscle. Once your tongue is fully healed you can wear a retainer, but you CAN'T wear it for long periods of time because they can cause infection.
KissMe2408
Hm, I really have never heard of them before.

I do not really think this should be in Girls Locker Room though. . .

I will move it in Health for now.

=MOVED TO HEALTH=
jaeman
This may sound crazy but I say you should just wait until you're 18, so you don't have to go that extra mile to hide it from your parents. wink.gif
starlette
I'm going to be the bad example here. I got my tongue peirced around my 16th birthday. I wound up buying a retainer (I beleive you can get one from claires and hot topic) and I took the top ball off of mine and put the clear top on it. There are different kind of retainers and you will have to keep the metal bar in, but you can change that top ball out. and then later you can buy the plastic kinds that are totally clear. But I got one of those stuck in my hole. It was....weird. I wouldn't recommend it. Its gonna hurt but if you wanna hide it, you gotta talk thru the pain. I had mine for over 2 years before my parents found out. And I am a total loud mouth. You just gotta watch the healing process cuz thats the hardest time to hide it. But after like 2 days I was okay. Just don't mess with it a lot before that sucker will close up in like 3 seconds lol. I've had my tongue ring too long. I should take it out...random.
wildncrazyath3rt
how did u hide it in the process and how did u get it done with u being 18?
mishyerr
find a place that doesn't card. there are many; ask around.

make sure the place you go to also has a rep. for being clean, not dirty.
turntabletux
I got my tongue pierced about a year ago and I don't think there is much of a way to hide it from your parents. Sooner or later they will find out. I think you need to be 18 to get it done as well. At least that's how old I had to be.

Nevertheless the healing process isn't that bad. Just learning how to eat is the bad part. You live off of ice lol. If you get it done, I would recommend pretzels (the straight ones) that way you can just put them right on top of your teeth. Also after about a good week you should try chewing gum. It helps you to learn where the bar is at all times in your mouth and helps you chew better. Hope I was of some help ^_^
-ant
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.