Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: tiny bumps not pimples but a type of acne?
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Health
LiLaZnGirL122
i have these small bumps on the side of my cheek right by the edge of my nose and between my eye brows and some on my forhead. i dont kno waht you call these i mean they arnt red pimples that you can squeez they are like bumps that arnt red and is my skin color and i dont kno which face wash or what ever to use. does anyone kno what im talking about and which face wash to use?
multifaceted
Exfoliate sweetie.

For me, they are just little goosebumps that have a fine baby hair stuck in them. (Ingrown facial hair I guess). Exfoliate should do the trick. Maybe St. Ives Apricot Scrub or some kind of scrub. You can make your own scrub by using sugar and olive oil and just apply and cleanse that part.

The bumps around the eyebrows should be from plucking. Don't pluck so often because then the bacteria somehow gets in there and becomes a pimple.

By the nose, they should be whiteheads. You might want to exfoliate that part too. And every now and then you might want to squish out the oily stuff that gets clogged into the pores (as in every week) so they don't turn into black or white heads.
mmhmichelle
Well they might be just normal pores,rightt ?
i'm not so good at acne stuff.
but you can take a hot shower to open 'em up !
:D

Moved to Health. _smile.gif -mona lisa
LiLaZnGirL122
sorry but what does exfoliate mean?
multifaceted
Exfoliate is when you scrub off the dead skin cells, letting the more newer skin cells show.

The little bumps sometimes are caused by a build up of dead skin cells. Even though you might shower everyday, there are still dead skin cells on you. Exfoliating allows you to get rid of more skin cells, to prevent clogged pores. And to make you have a more nicer deeper feeling clean.

Exfoliating is bad for you though if you do it too much. You need the dead skin cells because they are the reason why you don't soak up water when you are bathing. The dead skin cells are waterproof.

As I stated before, St. Ives Apricot Scrub is good, though I haven't use it myself, just from reviews from others. But any kind of exfoliant is useful. The difference between an exfoliant and a cleanser is that an exfoliant either has sand or sugar, something grainy added into it. The grains, when you use it, will scrub the skin and take off a lot of dead skin cells that might be causing your problem.

If they are just bumps that appear for no reason even after you have been exfoliating for a while, then I don't know what they are. I have them too but on my arms. Just like little scar looking like bumps that appear out of no where even though I didn't have a cut or acne/pimple there. If they bother you, then go see a dermatologist and have that checked out.
demolished
Oh man. Thanks. You're helpful. I have a hard time knowing the uses of exfoliater.

Are exfoliater bad for your pimples? How do you really "scrub" it? Like scratching your skin?
My Cinderella.
Yeah, I get those little bumps too. I always thought it was a rash though. whistling.gif Good to know.
think!IMAGINARILY
QUOTE(Spiritual Winged Aura @ Feb 1 2007, 7:17 PM) *
Oh man. Thanks. You're helpful. I have a hard time knowing the uses of exfoliater.

Are exfoliater bad for your pimples? How do you really "scrub" it? Like scratching your skin?

You just rub the exfoliator against your skin. If you do it too hard, your skin might turn red/get irritated.
voguelove
well, i get those too, sometimes..but they are piples. theyre just really deep down.
i like to pick at mine. haha. cause the dirt that trapped in there is really cool looking when it comes out. XD.gif
angelrevelation
Does anyone know a really good body wash exfoliator?
think!IMAGINARILY
QUOTE(angel_revelation @ Feb 3 2007, 3:12 PM) *
Does anyone know a really good body wash exfoliator?

Try the Dove Gentle Exfoliating Body Wash. It's what I use and it's pretty good. _smile.gif
I know Olay has some great ones too.
Stefanny
they're probably black/whiteheads.
multifaceted
^^ St. Ives Apricot Scrub is good. Or you could just make some by mixing sugar and olive oil.
naeem
Isn't olive oil BAD?
Doesn't oil cause pimples??
mai_z
^ not really. oil that causes pimples is the oil that is trapped in your pores. make sure you just wash it off well.

I like the st Ives apricot scrub. The Totally Juicy apricot scrub is a good, cheaper alternative. Oh, and go for a face wash with a bit of salicylic acid.
multifaceted
QUOTE(naeeme @ Feb 11 2007, 6:21 PM) *
Isn't olive oil BAD?
Doesn't oil cause pimples??

No. Olive oil is actually good for skin and arteries. Olive oil does not clog arteries nor cause pimples. Oil does not even cause pimples. That is a myth. It is the bacteria that is in the pore that causes pimples. You have oil in ever single pore you have. If that were the case, then you would have pimples everywhere, and I would be a walking scab.

And just to clear other things up, fried food does not make you break out more. It has nothing to do with acne.
RAWRstephishere
i usually dont get zits, but i always have bumps on my forehead
multifaceted
^ Heat rashes are itchy and red because you scratch them a lot. They are caused by something touching that particular spot a lot and you didn't wash that place throughly. I should know. I get lots of them from violin.
Hiphop d[-_-]b
It's called milia. It's an ungrown pimple. All the oil and dirt has gotten stuck under your skin causing the bump and inflamation.

Just wash and use a pore cleanser, dont pop or pick at it cus it will leave a big scar.

To prevent them, wash your face in the morning and before bed with a special cleanser ( I use Nuetrogena and/or Biore )
annex0x
omg i have the same thing! i use the St Ives Apricot Scrub... i use it mostly everyday...it STILL HASNT HELPED =(
misoshiru
Maybe you just have whiteheads. Have you ever thought of seeing a dermatologist? Or just try applying acne medicine to it?
alysaphobia
i used to have a lot of those.

^this cleared a lot of mine up. it's called "neutrogena on the spot acne treatment" and it's probably the best thing i've ever discovered. biggrin.gif got rid of all my pimples/reduced the tiny bumps.
then again, i don't know if you're having the same bumps i used to have...
Laughsalot
those "tinybumps but not acne" are clogged pores. the beginning of acne. when bacteria flousishes(when you pick or touch them) they become acne. try a clay mask or something that gets rid of clogged pores.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.