Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: enough with the whistles!!!
Forums > Community Center > Music
xquizit
so i was listening to the radio and that new beyonce song came on... you know... the one where she's screaming bout somebody losing their mind. anyhow, not too impressed with the song but what really threw me over the edge was the damn whistle in the beat... just like that "bring em out" song by T.I... why the whistle? do you remember how your childhood gym teacher would blow that damn whistle all day and how badly you just wanted to snatch it from him and beat him silly with it? hmmm... maybe that's just me but that's what i wanna do to these hiphop producers who think somehow that damn whistle sounds hot on the beat... ya'll are making me want to tear out my eardrums!!! enough already!!!

tokyo-rose
Shouldn't this be in Entertainment instead?

Anyway, I haven't heard that song. I don't listen to mainstream radio stations like Z100 much anymore. Most of the music is horrible rap and hiphop that I can't stand. >.<
HakunaMatata
Moved to Entertainment.

Do you know the title of the song? Ring the Alarm, possibly? It was a siren instead of a whistle, though. I like that song. mellow.gif
xquizit
QUOTE(kayceeisms @ Jan 30 2007, 9:13 PM) *
Moved to Entertainment.

Do you know the title of the song? Ring the Alarm, possibly? It was a siren instead of a whistle, though. I like that song. mellow.gif

It's called... "Lost Yo Mind"
fameONE
Blame Swizz Beats.

I do.
WHIMSICAL 0NE
Never heard it, or of it. Some mainstream music has weird stuff in it. Like the new Gwen Stefani song.
a painefull euphoria
I thought i was the only one who noticed the whistles and got anoyed by it
fameONE
I'm telling you, its all Swizz Beats' fault. For a good two years, every one of songs followed the same bassline/percussion patterns and they just varied by sampled voice loops, key, and effects.
mocassinsx29
lol i heard whistles in a lot of songs but that was a couple of months ago, not recently

yeah it didn't seem to fit, i don't see the whistle as an instrument
and please don't respond "ANYTHING CAN BE AN INSTRUMENT BLABLABLA" i know.
Mr. Slowjamz
seriously .......the music industry is full of mad depressives ....they gotta stop drinking and start smoking weed ..lol jk .... .. they gotta wake up a little . some of these producers are in these zones ....i mean cmon beyonce skipped out when jeniifer hudson won a globe . she should be a little appreciative .
ralfsmith
Oh its very interesting. Could you provide me more information ?

abraham@digitalhardcore.us
synthase
i dont like whistles very much
and lately, beyonces new songs are crappy
except i like her song from Dreamgirl "Listen"
My Cinderella.
The whistle song is an exception, but I'd have to agree with you, its being overused.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.