Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bikram Yoga
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Health
mishyerr
I just started Bikram Yoga (hot yoga) a few weeks ago! It's amazing. I already see improvements in my body and health.

I encourage anyone and everyone to do it at least twice.

Basically, it's guided breathing / yoga in a room that's about 100 degrees! :D

Anyone into Bikram Yoga?
espressive
No, not particulary.

I did research about it for school and I've gotten input from friends who have tried it. It seems too intense. First, you'll practicing in a room up to like 100 degrees. Second, the poses that you do are exactly the same, every single time. And I haven't heard pleasant things about the creator/instructors of Bikram. Anyways, I like yoga that allows more flexibility (no pun intended) with the poses, but if it works for you - go for it.
demolished
What kind of specific improvement do you see?
Browniecake
^ Yeah..i wanna know too! Im too fat. TT.TT
mishyerr
Clearer definition in my abs, and I've lost weight.

in response to "lil_cloud"
I have practiced yoga for over a year; Bikram yoga is simply another yoga I choose to do. There is a lot of flexibility because you aren't exactly doing it unless you do it perfect, which takes a lot of practice. There's no point in doing a pose once a month if you never do it fully the way you're supposed to.
oh, and the instructors at my place are incredibly sweet. :]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.