Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Natural Hair Color..
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Health
devaani
I died my hair about 4 months ago, to a light brown.. But now it's really starting to iritate me. How do you get your natural hair color back? It's hard for me because my hair USED to change colors, like it would be dark brown one second then light brown the next.. So how do you get your natural hair color back after dying it ?
michellerrific
You probably need to wash your hair multiple times, i think that's how most work.
Cujiine
QUOTE(catastrophic @ Jan 27 2007, 11:29 PM) *
You probably need to wash your hair multiple times, i think that's how most work.

Most hair dyes don't come out when you wash. They'll become dull or fade but the only way to get your hair back to normal is to let it grow out.
Rachel
QUOTE(catastrophic @ Jan 28 2007, 12:29 AM) *

laugh.gif No.

You need to go to a hair salon and ask for them to strip your hair or tint-back. They'll know what to do.
multifaceted
You shave your head and grow it back out again. Duh. _dry.gif
faysiiee-x
haha...that made me laugh.
i have the same problem tho...my hair used to be really light blonde but then it started turning darker. But now ive dyed it dark brown but i want my natural colour back...apparentnly i cant re dye it because it will make my hair go a wierd colour....does anyone actually no if thats true or wether i can just get it dyed blonde...
tokyo-rose
You have to redye it your natural hair color and let it grow out, then do something else. I forget the entire process; sorry. >.<
Liana_Way
OMG!
I have the same problem...
i have naturally dark brown hair
and then i got highlights
and i really irritated me so what you have to do is dye it to the closest you can to your natural hair color
then wait for it to grow out to your real natural hair color
no one will notice.
Gigi
When I'm sick of my brown hair, I usually dye it a darker brown, almost black-ish, and then let it grow it. That way, your roots won't be too obvious.
GemLou
You can get the hairdresser to strip it, but it can damage your hair unfortunately.. so it's normally better to just let it grow out..
gita
i think the only way you can get your natural color back fully is if you only use a temporary dye, but thats just as far as i know - from friends and stuff, ive never dyed my hair.
cancholac
Yeah you need to let it grow out.I've been dying my hair sice I was 14 many differnet color I dont even remember my color?

I just hope it doesn't fall out biggrin.gif
iDecay
Moved to Health.

No idea, actually.. Uhh. And how does it change color? blink.gif
breakingdawn
Go to the salon. They can find a color that is really close to your natural color and dye it back...

Well, that's what I did when I was tired of being blonde shrug.gif

editttt

What do you mean your hair used to change colors?
kimmytree
QUOTE(xMyStIcShAd0wSx @ Feb 7 2007, 12:14 AM) *
You shave your head and grow it back out again. Duh. _dry.gif

You mean like Britney Spears? XD.gif
breakingdawn
QUOTE(happykmd @ Feb 17 2007, 10:00 PM) *

XD.gif

That would do the trick.
SarahxJoy
QUOTE(happykmd @ Feb 17 2007, 7:00 PM) *

That's exactly what I thought when I read that. laugh.gif
Smoogrish
QUOTE(swiftly_x_now @ Feb 17 2007, 9:19 PM) *
Go to the salon. They can find a color that is really close to your natural color and dye it back...

Well, that's what I did when I was tired of being blonde shrug.gif

editttt

What do you mean your hair used to change colors?

Well, one of my friends used to have hair that changed colors.. it'd get lighter in the summer, or whenever it was warm. I think that's what she meant.
StrangeMagic
Currently, I colored my hair blue and bleached blonde.

I've done it many times before. but the only thing I could suggest is to either dye it black, or wait till it grows out
mishyerr
If you bleached ("dying" it a lighter color) your hair, which it sounds like you did, it is impossible to get your natural hair color back without dying it again.

If you dyed it, then use dandruff shampoo a lot; that stuff washes out the dye the fastest.
chaneun
QUOTE(devaani(: @ Jan 28 2007, 2:14 AM) *
I died

biggrin.gif

try washing it out with baking soda in the shower until it comes out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.