Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Health question....
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Health
x1227x
This question has been flying around my head for some time, and I want to know if it's true.

When you wear socks to sleep, does it slower blood movement in your body?

I was wearing socks to sleep yesterday, and my cousin told me that it would. My socks didn't leave a mark so I didn't worry about it. I just want to know if it's true.

[Can be closed if there is already another topic on this _smile.gif]
miiichellley
i've never heard of that. i wear socks to sleep every night because it's so cold and i don't experience any problems with my body yet.
x1227x
^ Same. My cousin is a biology nerd though. I'm not sure if it's true. Anyone know if it's true or not?
WHIMSICAL 0NE
If they were tight socks, there's a possibility. But if socks keep your feet warm than they're obviously not constricting your bloodflow to your feet. I mean, naturally you don't get as much blood flow to your feet as you do your hands (that's why toenails grow slower than finger nails). But trust me, it doesn't make the blood flow slower in your BODY. Socks aren't tourniquets.
Intercourselyts
Nah, it would just cut off the bloodflow in your feet perhaps if you wore tight enough socks. Which would cause if your feet are cold when you go to bed.
My Cinderella.
Mostly, I'd have to agree with what everyone else said. I've never heard of that, but I suppose its possible if the socks are way tight. pinch.gif
Sephora.
So tight socks are socks that leave a sock mark on your ankles? _unsure.gif
Intercourse.
^Yea, those are a bit to tight perhaps. Just no tight socks.

Normal socks are great for you though happy.gif Their there to protect your feet from getting cold and such since they don't recieve as much blood flow as your main body. Also a lot of people apply moisturizer to their feet and put socks on to keep it to their feet and make your feet soft. A lot of people say Chenille socks are nice and snuggle socks which are mostly made out of polyster [sp] extremely soft though!
So if you want to sleep with socks on, keep to soft loose fitting socks and mostly cotton socks, no extra thickness to them either.

Chenille

Snuggle Socks:
mai_z
^^ both of those socks would slightly reduce blood flow. It's an issue for some diabetics because their feet swell, but I think people are more worried about their feet sweating and stuff in their sleep. I doubt it'll affect your whole body
synthase
my parents said that if you wear socks to sleep, usually you sweat atleast a little while your sleeping, so the sweat in the sock gets trapped in the sock; therefore, your skin absorbs the sweat because there isnt no "oxygen" for it to get out.
My Cinderella.
I say just don't wear socks. Everytime I do, I end up with just one anyway. laugh.gif
WHIMSICAL 0NE
QUOTE(My Cinderella. @ Jan 18 2007, 9:24 PM) *
I say just don't wear socks. Everytime I do, I end up with just one anyway. laugh.gif

One sock left? eyebrowes.gif
Sephora.
Dee is perverted. eyebrowes.gif

Anyways, I only wear socks to sleep because my feet are cold when I go to bed, and when I wake up in the morning. pinch.gif Those Chenille socks look comfortable though. I might get a pair. _smile.gif Thanks for clearing up the question for me, guys! flowers.gif
multifaceted
tight socks will slower the blood down. but if they just fit, they are not a problem. it is like clothes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.