Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Winter Formal
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Health
misskentucky
Alright so I'm a skinny person but I have a little extra pudge on my "love handles" and stomach. I have a winter formal coming up on January 26th and I was wondering if any of you now how to lose some of that chub because I'm wearing a tight dress.

What kinds of food should I avoid? What should I eat more of? What exercises can I do (I'm limited because all I have basically is my body, no tread mill and I can't run outside it's winter, icy and all that.)
digital.fragrance
You could avoid a lot of starches. For example, don't eat a bunch of bread, potatoes, beans all in one sitting. Try to eat the most balanced meal possible (veggies are good). Don't drink pop or Starbucks - it put on/hinders weight loss. Just stick to water for a while. Also, avoid desert... the sugary stuff just adds weight.

Exercises? Try jumprope (if you have one). Of course, crunches and sit ups would help too.
multifaceted
sit on a spin chair and have two hands hold onto something and twist... it works on that area a lot... do it like 30 mins a day and about 2 weeks that love handle should be gone... if you want to ensure it to be gone, do it longer

if not then crunches are your friend

or do belly dancing or latin dancing...
Stefanny
The exercize that Rachael suggested is great.

Don't be annorexic. Try to avoid red meats and lots of sugars. Eat lots of vegies, steamed (that way, it's softer & tastes better, and the vitamins are still there).

Oh, and don't forget that you need at LEAST 30 minutes of exercise a day, so try to do about 45 min _smile.gif
me1issaaaa
You could always try Spanks. They suck in that extra baggage like a charm thumbsup.gif and no one will know you're wearing themmm! Woo.
espressive
QUOTE(misskentucky @ Jan 11 2007, 2:54 PM) *
What kinds of food should I avoid? What should I eat more of? What exercises can I do (I'm limited because all I have basically is my body, no tread mill and I can't run outside it's winter, icy and all that.)

Avoid salty foods & soup, they make you bloated.

Eat more fruits & make a habit of chewing your food thoroughly and commuting time for your stomach to tell you if you're full. It takes 20 minutes for that to occur. I'm not saying, take a bite and wait 20 minutes. If you chew your food more thoroughly, you'll just eat slower in general, which will allow time for your stomach to register that you're full. Plus, stuffing food down is not good for you anyways.

As far as exercising, concentrate on areas of your midsection. The most common are sit-ups and crunches. Here are some others
1) In a standing position, twist your body left and right as far as you can without moving your legs.
2) In a standing position, lean to the left/right (not forward!) as far as you can.
3) Lying on your back, raise your legs (keep 'em straight) a foot off the ground & hold the position.
4) Begin by lying on your back, then simultaneously bend your knees and lift your shoulders off the ground. Return to normal position and repeat.
5) Position yourself in a pushup position. Instead of balancing yourself with your hands, balance with bent arms (at the elbow of course) so that your arm is making an "L". Hold the position.

You may add weights to some of the exercises to increase the difficulty, but the best way to lose weight is to run. The exercises are geared to define muscles while running reduces fat.

Good Luck! happy.gif
miceylulu
I'm just wondering how a skinny person could have love handles because I thought that was a larger person thing...
annalucky
my friend saran-wrapped herself for her dress. I say stick to fruits.
misskentucky
QUOTE(miceylulu @ Jan 13 2007, 2:28 AM) *
I'm just wondering how a skinny person could have love handles because I thought that was a larger person thing...

Well Im skinny but I have a bad eating habit and all the weight goes to my hips.
demolished
It's coming closer!

Here's a way, not a great way.
Avoid oily and white food.
white food such as pastry, bread, or something that is made out of "white" or the color white.
drink ALOT of water.
a painefull euphoria
you could wear a girdle you know and that would really hide the love handles.especialy now that your comming so close to this formal. tbut thats like a last resort
kimmytree
^ Like she said.

Or, stores like Walmart have special underwear that have the same effect. I wear them with dresses and they COMPLETELY hide my chubby stomach. Quick fix for only around $5.

They also have the same kind that extend to cover up your upper thighs as well. Works like magic.

thumbsup.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.