Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bands/artists you wish they were back.
Forums > Community Center > Music
Pages: 1, 2
viugiufgjhfhjfhgch
Ever thought of any band and/or artist you wish they got back into business?

I was going through my records today and saw my "Are you normal?" CD by Ned's atomic dustbin. I never got to see this band play live plus I missed the period where they were most active; as a matter of fact, I discovered them through a webcomic about 2 years ago and I was pretty disappointed to see they only release old songs in EPs now =/.

In a similar note, I miss R.E.M. songs where Michael Stripe's singing was incoherent and less whiny. I would have loved to attend a Creedence Clearwater Revival concert (were I in possession of a properly modified Delorean), and I will anxiously wait for the Rapture just in case Johnny Cash makes a surprise gig before departing to Heaven.

So who do you miss?
Azarel
Stabbing Westward. :( Utter fave.
My Cinderella.
Busted.
shortcake
No Doubt
Libertie
Backstreet Boys. sad.gif

On a serious note, Five Iron Frenzy was awesome and I always loved their music. I'd love to see some new stuff from them, but I highly doubt they'll ever get back together.
Simba
QUOTE(supimateecup @ Jan 6 2007, 5:28 PM) *
No Doubt

Indeed.

2Pac. wink.gif
kryogenix
Beethoven, Mozart, Chopin...
angelrevelation
Something Corporate sad.gif
viugiufgjhfhjfhgch
In addition to the first post, I'd like to see Dr. Octogon back into business because that was a cool musical project and Kool Keith was involved in it; which is tantamount to buying a record with a "This record will blow your brains out to Saturn and back" warning sticker.
miiichellley
QUOTE(Libertie @ Jan 6 2007, 2:50 PM) *
Backstreet Boys. sad.gif

On a serious note, Five Iron Frenzy was awesome and I always loved their music. I'd love to see some new stuff from them, but I highly doubt they'll ever get back together.

Nope, Kevin left the group. but they're making new stuff!!

JamisonParker.
HakunaMatata
QUOTE(angel_revelation @ Jan 6 2007, 3:08 PM) *
Ohhh yeah, definitely miss them. fallen.gif

Mmm, I really miss Luther Vandross. I haven't seen Usher in the longest time.
WHIMSICAL 0NE
Linkin Park.... Coal Chamber....
itsnever4ever
QUOTE(supimateecup @ Jan 6 2007, 2:28 PM) *
No Doubt

YEA!!
annnd
Nirvana and Sublime...
if it was possible i guess
me1issaaaa
The Spice Girlssssssssssss.
miiichellley
QUOTE(angel_revelation @ Jan 6 2007, 3:08 PM) *

Omgsh! i can't believe i forgot SoCo too!! I lovelove Jacks Mannequin though.
showstopper!
Blondie.
much2muse
JamisonParker.

OMG! me too! I love their stuff soo much.

And agreed with whomever said Jacks Mannequin too!
a painefull euphoria
new order.

i wasnt aware that linkin park broke up!!?? cry.gif
I Shot JFK
No Doubt...

I miss when Gwen Stefani didn't give me a headache
synthase
Busted
Destinys Child
Siena Jade
DEATH FROM ABOVE 1979. blink-182.

Why would they do that to me.

On a brighter note, I can't wait for Linkin Park and No Doubt's new stuff.
x1227x
Blink 182/Linkin Park.
I never knew that LP broke up! sad.gif
viugiufgjhfhjfhgch
I have been thinking about this subject for a while today, since tomorrow I am going back to work and I want to keep my mind busy with more cheerful ideas right now.

Looking forward the Sebadoh reunion tour _smile.gif .
rochelley-o
No Doubt

Yes, yes, yes. I miss No Doubt.
EddieV
The Juliana Theory
JerzDevil
Usher ..
minioligo
Acceptance. :[ Come back Jason Venaaaaaaaaaaa.
.fire
TLC
Nugget
b2k & nsync. :[[
My Cinderella.
NSYNC. sad.gif
hi-C
QUOTE(kayceeisms @ Jan 6 2007, 6:46 PM) *
I haven't seen Usher in the longest time.
That's cuz Usher, and I believe he said this in an interview, likes to take relatively long breaks between albums (like 2 to 3 years) because he likes to make you miss him and his music. Also, the breaks help to give us a break from seeing his face all over the television screen.

- - -

I want Lenny Kravitz to make a new album. And on an old(er) school note, I want Soul 4 Real to come back. "Candy Rain" was my ish.
WHIMSICAL 0NE
Well, Usher is doing Broadway. So, I'm thinking that he's just too busy to focus on a new album.
hi-C
^ He stopped doing that in October. He was only in Chicago for a little over a month.
Mr. Slowjamz
QUOTE(Madame C @ Jan 8 2007, 8:34 PM) *
That's cuz Usher, and I believe he said this in an interview, likes to take relatively long breaks between albums (like 2 to 3 years) because he likes to make you miss him and his music. Also, the breaks help to give us a break from seeing his face all over the television screen.

- - -

I want Lenny Kravitz to make a new album. And on an old(er) school note, I want Soul 4 Real to come back. "Candy Rain" was my ish.

yea i`d love too see lenny , and alot of old alternative bands from the late 90`s to early 00`s .
HakunaMatata
QUOTE(Madame C @ Jan 8 2007, 5:34 PM) *
Mmm, unique plan. (Unless you want to count Jay-Z.) It seems to be working, too, since he keeps coming back bigger and bigger.
WHIMSICAL 0NE
QUOTE(Madame C @ Jan 8 2007, 7:39 PM) *
^ He stopped doing that in October. He was only in Chicago for a little over a month.

Oooh, haha. My bad. I don't really pay attention to mainstream that much. Well that was three months ago... Maybe he'll be getting back into albums again shrug.gif
banthisaccountnow
Death - RIP Chuck
Nasum - RIP Miezsko
Bathory - RIP Quorthon

All disbanded obviously due to deaths.
Ekay
Aaliyah... :'[
Intercourselyts
JamisonParker, Five Iron Frenzy as well.

Hmm I use to really like Blink 182 when I was younger, and I find it a little sad that they broke up after being together for so long.
fameONE
Das Efx

Gangstarr

A Tribe Called Quest

Brand Nubian

Eastsidaz [LoC 4 Life]

Wu-Tang Clan

Eric B. & Rakim
a painefull euphoria
LINKIN PARK NEVER BROKE UP,PEOPLE. yahoo.gif
They still are together.
eggscezz
Michael Jackson.
Somebody please raise him from the dead! XD.gif

Ok. Just kidding.

Nirvana.
Kurt Cobain rocks my world!
turntabletux
J Dilla!
-Ant
HakunaMatata
Adam Levine, where art thou?
Advent_Child
QUOTE(WHIMSICAL 0NE @ Jan 6 2007, 8:00 PM) *
Linkin Park.... Coal Chamber....

i agree laugh.gif
Duchess of Dork
The Beatles. cry.gif I would like to just have had one more John Lennon song. No, forget that, he should still be recording. cry.gif

Weezer. Not the now-Weezer, but the Sweater Song Weezer. They're just dreadful to me now.

There's more, but my chariot *cough* bus awaits.
viugiufgjhfhjfhgch
I was thinking wether it'd be a good idea to have James brown back, but then I realized all radio stations keep playing his songs over and over and it's kind of annoying already so forget this <.<; .
moninja
no doubt, and usher. sad.gif
Amay
ACCEPTANCE.
I miss my boys. :[

And you guys, Something Corporate is going to reunite or something.
Andrew said that at the Bamboozle Left.
lovefooled
QUOTE(amerrss @ Jan 12 2007, 8:59 PM) *
ACCEPTANCE.
I miss my boys. :[

And you guys, Something Corporate is going to reunite or something.
Andrew said that at the Bamboozle Left.

SOMETHING CORPORATE! I didn't really care for Jack's Mannequin. So I'm quite happy with this news.

Backstreet Boys come back, please.

Oh, wait....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.