Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: American Idol 2007
Forums > Community Center > Music
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
I Shot JFK
Premieres on Jan 16th!

Who will be watching?

Also, for idolheads, witness Jennifer Hudson's Best Supporting Actress nomination for the Golden Globes.
iDecay
Janrurary 16th sounds familiar.. Oh wait nevermind. Birthday, duh. XD.gif

I stop watching American Idol after like.. the 2-3rd season. sad.gif
I Shot JFK
It's my brother's birthday too. which i need to buy a present for. damn. lol.

Oh, and anyone who dares to criticise americna idol WILL be burnign in hell, just to give you all a heads up
marzipan
American Idol pwns.

I'm definitely looking forward to this! ^__^
me1issaaaa
I always stop watching after the auditions shrug.gif
slammin shelby
QUOTE(xoxo_koala_kisses_ @ Jan 5 2007, 8:15 PM) *
I always stop watching after the auditions shrug.gif

me too. thats the only fun part _dry.gif
Joss-eh-lime
i just wanna see who wins. everything leading up to that bores me.
WHIMSICAL 0NE
I only watched the first season. I don't really like to watch the show because it doesn't really interest me all that much. It seems like someone wins and then you don't hear about them again. Except for Kelly Clarkson.
showstopper!
My teacher auditioned for AI. She made past the first round then she got REALLY sick and left. _dry.gif But I haven't seen AI for a long time. I might consider watching it.
voguelove
the only reason why i watch that show is for the auditions. haha.
My Cinderella.
I'm definately tuning in for this one!
HakunaMatata
I have yet to see Dreamgirls, but I really really really want to see Jennifer Hudson and Beyonce, those two can freakin' sing.

But anyway, American Idol! I'm crossing my fingers for a moment as memorable as William Hung. biggrin.gif I really liked last season, first season was always been my favorite, but I was jumping up and down when Taylor won last time, since this season was such a toss-up.
hi-C
Hey James, how often does American Idol come on in the UK? Is it two times a week (performance and then elimination) like it is in the US or are they combined into one show?
I Shot JFK
Well, in the past (I guess it will be the same, but i havent got the tv guide yet) it has aired on a Friday night, with the elimination coming right after the performance show, so we're only two/three days behind

of course, i always download the performances as soon as i can, but i still watch the show... lol im obsessed

Of course, if i dislike the winner as much as i disliked Taylor last year, i will sulk for agood long while. lol.
Libertie
QUOTE(I Shot JFK @ Jan 8 2007, 6:29 AM) *
of course, i always download the performances as soon as i can, but i still watch the show... lol im obsessed

Same, and I forgot to go try out this year like you said in my birthday topic. :P

In any case, I can't wait for the season to start, but I get way drawn into watching it. >.<
I Shot JFK
DANI!!!

you prooooooomised!

now who is going to give me a shout out ont he show?

also, go to sleep, woman!
hi-C
QUOTE(I Shot JFK @ Jan 8 2007, 7:29 AM) *
Well, in the past (I guess it will be the same, but i havent got the tv guide yet) it has aired on a Friday night, with the elimination coming right after the performance show, so we're only two/three days behind

Of course, if i dislike the winner as much as i disliked Taylor last year, i will sulk for agood long while. lol.

Wow, that's like...two to three hours (depending on what part of the season) of AI in one night. I don't know if I can handle that XD.gif
I Shot JFK
Ah yea, but my friends and I get together and drink and watch... it makes it all fun!

and i dont always watch the results show if i know who's going... only if i know something controversial happened
DarkImpressions
I totally am gonna watch this show Im like in love with American Idol,Even though I dont think Taylor kicks should have won
GrinddunStop
American Idol is getting Boring..... Needs More of william hungs on it
slipper
i probably am, along with my parents. hehe.gif
much2muse
^lol. same here.

Yay! AI! Makes time go faster until House comes on!
xlilaznchickx
i probably wouldnt watch the auditions...i just like to see who wins so i watch it when it is like the top 10 people.
yrrnotelekktric
i hope the winner is a hot guy. laugh.gif
she-screams-in-silence
the winner's talent has been decreasing every year. i'll probably watch it this year as usual, but i don't think it's going to be as good as previous seasons. if only the first two weeks weren't two hours. then house would be on :[
voguelove
YAY! it's starting tonight.

im so looking forward to the auditions. happy.gif
I Shot JFK
And MY Jen won a Golden Globe.

pwnage.
KissMe2408
yay, it's on tonight! so excited!
at 8 pm i assume?
hi-C
I have to wait until Saturday afternoon when ITV shows it because I don't get ITV2 with my crappy dorm television. James (I Shot JFK) knows what I'm talking about.
I Shot JFK
Ooh, hun that DOES suck. Also, you better hope that it stays on ITV, because last year they stipped showing it altogether on ITV about halfway through the series fro some unknown reason.

I'm missing the premiere because I'll be in Venice (it's a hard life), but the first meeting of the 'we live for American Idol' Club 07 wil be next friday
Libertie
^lmao Tell me about this club? XD
hi-C
QUOTE(I Shot JFK @ Jan 17 2007, 12:07 AM) *
Ooh, hun that DOES suck. Also, you better hope that it stays on ITV, because last year they stipped showing it altogether on ITV about halfway through the series fro some unknown reason.

I'm missing the premiere because I'll be in Venice (it's a hard life), but the first meeting of the 'we live for American Idol' Club 07 wil be next friday

Oh, that's bull pooh.gif ITV better not pull that stuff or they will have one small angry Black woman on their hands. *grumbles* Why can't NYU splurge for decent cable?

And yeah, tell more about this club happy.gif
My Cinderella.
15 more minutes...this I gotta see.
HakunaMatata
QUOTE(Madame C @ Jan 16 2007, 4:17 PM) *
Seeeriously, how many members are in this club? There's only a small group of us who talk obsessively about AI. grinnn.gif But around the very beginning of the show, the auditions, everyone watches.
My Cinderella.
I feel bad for Jessica. sad.gif Rejected by her Idol.
marzipan
It's HILARIOUS to watch all these awful people audition. XD.gif Me and my parents are almost rolling on the floor laughing so hard.
My Cinderella.
Yay for Denise. _smile.gif
marzipan
Yeahh, she was really good! =)
My Cinderella.
I'm rooting for her when the rounds start.
OhMyAnniee
I usually watch the auditions and then the finale.

Because auditions are always hilarious and the finale is just .. "The NEXT American Idol." Yeah.
mono_logue
i'm still looking for someone to root for.
currently.. i'm rooting for the hot latino female. she is beautiful and her heavy accent is actually quite wonderful to hear
Stefanny
I will be watching.
Auditionas are my favorite part tongue.gif
voguelove
oh my goodness..
that girl who sang over the rainbow.

GORGEOUS voice.

gorgeous.
me1issaaaa
HAHAHAHA. Tonight was funny, but I can't wait for tomorrow! dance.gif
KissMe2408
Gah. I fell asleep and missed it =(!

Oh well, I'll try to catch it tomorrow. le sigh.
StubbornFemme
I just watched it, it was okay. It did make me laugh and entertain for 2 hours. Haha, I stop watching idol since the 3 season-I thought it was getting boring. I just watch the auditions and that's it. Haha.
Libertie
I actually can't stand watching the auditions, the whole process is so dirty/sickening that I can't imagine what half the people who are rejected have been through before they even get to see RPS. Hence why I refuse to try out.

I've been keeping an eye out nonetheless.
much2muse
lol, i watched it last night. The one girl sounded like Chubacka (sp?) to me. laugh.gif
I Shot JFK
QUOTE(Madame C @ Jan 17 2007, 12:17 AM) *
Oh, that's bull pooh.gif ITV better not pull that stuff or they will have one small angry Black woman on their hands. *grumbles* Why can't NYU splurge for decent cable?

Well, there are 5 of us, and each week we go to a different house to eat, drink, laugh at stupid people, and general pass judgement on others.

it's great fun.
rAwritsgWeg
It seems so like set up now.
I mean, look at the door thing. I know it was funny the first time I saw it but like everytime someone goes to the wrong door are we supposed to laugh every time?
Also, they waste time talking about some of the people and their lives. I just want to see auditions.

I personally thought and still think the show was best during its early times.

But, we still have a new episode tonight so let's wait and see.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.