Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Runaway Love
Forums > Community Center > Music
HakunaMatata
So normally I strongly dislike Luda with the exception of Crash, but this song is amazingly powerful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BykclTGVEBc

Thoughts?
GREASEbaby
i find it hard to believe that a ludacris song is "powerful".

i guess i'll check it out though.

edit//
aww.that's really sweet.
*adds to ipod.
hi-C
Good song, except the end when he whispering and stuff about running away together and opening eyes and stuff. That part sounds pedophilic, honestly.
moninja
QUOTE(Madame C @ Dec 26 2006, 1:56 PM) *
Good song, except the end when he whispering and stuff about running away together and opening eyes and stuff. That part sounds pedophilic, honestly.

lmao, excatly what i was thinking. some the lyrics are kind of repeated, but it's a good song.
freeflow

Haha yea it does a little.

I love the song, and the video. The end .. is whatever, but its an amazing song nevertheless.
WHIMSICAL 0NE
The video makes the song, I think. Except I think if they didn't give the kids such nice looking rooms it would add more effect. Even my room doesn't have that nice of stuff in it _dry.gif
Joss-eh-lime
I'm glad he did this song..i think it will open people's eyes about the problems some young girls have with family & im glad its not another "shake that" or "im so rich" song.
OhMyAnniee
Unexpected? Definitely.
But I like it thumbsup.gif It's a good change.
Simba
Disturbing Tha Peace presents...
Yeah that threw me off even though it's Luda's label.

I thought the video was pretty well done though. The song's not bad either.
showstopper!
I love Mary J. It does reach out to young girls. The song is actually not bad.
Simba
Oh yeah. I remember what this song reminded me of.

2Pac's "Brenda's Got a Baby"
hi-C
^ True that.
HakunaMatata
QUOTE(Arjuna Capulong @ Dec 27 2006, 11:35 AM) *
Oh yeah. I remember what this song reminded me of.

2Pac's "Brenda's Got a Baby"

A lot of people saw the parallels, too. The song's not a rip-off, but there are similarities. ermm.gif

Yeah, it kind of threw me off when he said "Sometimes I want to run away, too." Um...why?

And about the video, the video does sort of make the song. I saw the video before listening to the song by itself, and ever since then, whenever I listen to the song, the video is all I see, so I guess that's altered my opinion.
mznikki
i haven't watched the video yet, but just the song itself to me was really unexpected from luda, but i'm a big fan of mary j and i also like luda, and i really like the song because it actually has meaning versus *shake your money maker* or *smack that*
Hiphop d[-_-]b
I loved it when I first heard it, but the end was pretty gay. Now ... OPEN YOUR EEEEEYES. I was like ... wtf. Lol

loved the video. Gave me goosebumps.
Lovesucks06
QUOTE(one_and_only @ Dec 27 2006, 3:13 AM) *
I'm glad he did this song..i think it will open people's eyes about the problems some young girls have with family & im glad its not another "shake that" or "im so rich" song.

Ditto
she-screams-in-silence
i really like this song.
yeah, and as almost everyone said, it was kind of an unexpected song, coming from him.
akjsd
---------
RememberTheForgotten
I fell in love with the song, and the video put together pretty much the moment I heard it. Such a beautiful song, with a very strong message.
I don't think the video made the song, but I think that the visual impact of it definatly strengthened the song. I am almost obsessed with this song, but I dont know if I would be quite as in love..if I didnt have the visual of it...becuase it illustrates the end a little, and the video kind of explains the song throughout.

(if that makes any sense... ermm.gif )

<3 rememberTHEforgotten
Monochrome.
b' date='Dec 28 2006, 7:02 PM' post='2389819'] I loved it when I first heard it, but the end was pretty gay. Now ... OPEN YOUR EEEEEYES. I was like ... wtf. Lol

loved the video. Gave me goosebumps.

^i agree.
i love this song.
tokyo-rose
I really liked the song and video when I saw it on TV a few days ago. _smile.gif I agree that the message is powerful.
KissMe2408
yeah, the video was really good. . . really made me stop and think.

I really like this song,
makes me want to help those kids out.
My Cinderella.
When I first heard it, I judged it by the kid quick rhymes and thought it was annoying. But now...I love the song.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.