Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hate thread.
Forums > News and Announcements > Feedback > Feedback Resolved Topics
slammin shelby
Alright. I know we used to have a thread in the lounge where we could write who we disliked and why.
My question is, should we make a new one.
IMO, I think it's a good idea. We can get what we need to get off our chests without it blowing up into this huge member bashing thing in any topic.
Now I'm not saying we say names again or anything like that.
And I don't think it should be closed.
I mean, we have a spam topic where everything goes, so why not one of those.
I think it would cut down on alot of crap in other topics.

So yeah. Just thinking.
fameONE
I'm all for it.

SUCK A DICK, NIGGA! [NO HOMO]
demolished
Wait ... what's the purpse of cb? ... and what's the attitude that cb suppose to promote?

You tell me.
mona lisa
QUOTE(slammin shelby @ Dec 3 2006, 6:30 PM) *
We can get what we need to get off our chests without it blowing up into this huge member bashing thing in any topic.
Problem is, it does turn into a huge member bashing thread. Always has. It's the reason why each thread made in the past has been closed. =\
QUOTE(slammin shelby @ Dec 3 2006, 6:30 PM) *
Now I'm not saying we say names again or anything like that.
So if names aren't mentioned then why have the thread at all? If it's going to be kept anonymous, I don't see how it's going to resolve anything.
slammin shelby
Alright then. Lets use names. Lets get it out there in the open and NOT close it.
And yeah I know what cB is trying to promote, but we end up getting mad at each other and doing it in topics we shouldnt.
So, if you have something to say to someone, go there and do it.
Now, when it starts to get of hand maybe we can come up with something like '3 strikes and your warned'
Not that but maybe someone can come up with an idea so it doesnt get blown up and closed.
a painefull euphoria
i like the idea of a rant thread to get issues resloved and to get things off our chest .but when it turns into bashing other members which it will. its only human nature, to me personaly thats a place i dont want to be now i know you probably would say
"well you dont have to post"
but heres my responce.
i dont want someone talking shit about me or how they have a problem with me behind my back
nor do i want to have some who has a problem with me come up and never get resloved. beacsue if i did offend someone its my right to know what i did to mess up or what i said to push someones buttons.
and its their right to hear an apology.

i think it sounds
like a big timebomb waiting to explode
but if theres a way things could work out.

then by all means
go for it. =]
Statues/Shadows
Ugh, no. How many times are we going to revive the past? It doesn't work. Ever. Once a thread is done, it's done for good, or at least that's how it should be, because the reincarnations are always completely mediocre. It'll do more harm than good, and it isn't even funny anymore. That's what happened last time: it stopped being funny. Once something loses it's amusement, it ceases to be useful or worthwhile at all, and that's the case with the hate thread. It's way past it's prime. Try to think of some new ideas for once, rather than always trying to bring back old shit.
AngelinaTaylor
You really have this incredible need to bash on somebody.. online? You must have very little life then. mellow.gif What's with all this love for drama? Just live your life. Don't let somebody online bother your actual life. That's what I did :)

On another thought, why is this in the debate section?
datass
^They're debating whether they should revive the hate thread again or not.
fameONE
You want natural selection? Come see me. I'll take you to the tree line, sedate you, hack your body up limb by limb, then throw the pieces in to a duffel bag, which will be placed inside a barrel full of gasoline and dry wood. A simple match will do the trick, then the barrel can be filled with concrete. At that point, the barrel can be taken to the lake and dropped into the water.

Where art thou, Bill O'Reilly?
KissMe2408
I think I'll move this to Feedback for now.
Any mod feel free to move this back to Debate...
I just feel like it gets hidden in there...

---
I don't understand why there is a need for a hate thread.
Getting it off your chest works the same way through PM.
Why the need to do it in public,
and not have the guts to do it up front privately.
I don't know...I always saw it a little childish.
If you don't want to PM someone about it,
then Anonymous Shoutouts really does work quite well...

=MOVED TO FEEDBACK=
smoke
Yeah, we've already tried to have a thread that "won't turn into member bashing" twice now and neither time did it work. So, sorry. If you really dislike them that much, PM them.
jumpropeforheart
QUOTE(Angelina Taylor @ Dec 5 2006, 6:25 AM) *
You really have this incredible need to bash on somebody.. online? You must have very little life then. mellow.gif What's with all this love for drama? Just live your life. Don't let somebody online bother your actual life. That's what I did :)

On another thought, why is this in the debate section?
why does this being the internet always come up, especially pertaining to people and how much of a life they have?
Duchess of Dork
QUOTE(Statues/Shadows @ Dec 4 2006, 12:07 AM) *
Ugh, no. How many times are we going to revive the past? It doesn't work. Ever. Once a thread is done, it's done for good, or at least that's how it should be, because the reincarnations are always completely mediocre. It'll do more harm than good, and it isn't even funny anymore. That's what happened last time: it stopped being funny. Once something loses it's amusement, it ceases to be useful or worthwhile at all, and that's the case with the hate thread. It's way past it's prime. Try to think of some new ideas for once, rather than always trying to bring back old shit.

I really couldn't have said this better myself.

I apologize and mean no disrespect, but this NEVER works. Everyone always says that they won't carry it too far, but someone always does.

If you want a rant forum, fine. But no Hate thread.
moninja
why can't you just post in annoymous shoutouts? mellow.gif
AngelinaTaylor
QUOTE(jumpropeforheart @ Dec 10 2006, 5:07 PM) *
why does this being the internet always come up, especially pertaining to people and how much of a life they have?

Because it's fun?
gelionie
I think Anonymous Shoutouts serves the purpose well.
jumpropeforheart
QUOTE(Angelina Taylor @ Dec 10 2006, 11:10 PM) *
Because it's fun?
thanks for a justified reason.
show_me
Most people would just bash each other, and it'd be a never ending exchange of bashing! PLUS people would bash shelby a lot because you know shes fat, ugly, and a whore...
a painefull euphoria
^tsk tsk

i do find that the Anonymous Shoutouts serves its purpose and that
if you really wanted to let anyone know how much you dislike them take it over pm.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.