Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Official HipHop Club
Forums > Community Center > Music
Pages: 1, 2
fameONE
Just to add some balance for the hiphop heads that feel left out, I decided to begin another chapter to add to the big book of official clubs.

Who wants to join?

We need a designer to hook up a siggy for all those who are down with the movement.

Let us begin, shall we?

Lets keep hiphop alive and play a part in keeping it from becoming the modern Minstrel Show.

Rules

1. You must love hiphop. I don't care where you're from, who you like or what other genres you listen to, a love for hiphop and all the elements of the culture is a must.

2. If you make a claim, back it up. Don't just say "So and so is garbage," without giving a reason why. However, there are a few exceptions (i.e. D4L, Mike Jones, Webbie, etc).

3. Contribute in any way you can.

4. No member bashing. However, you might just get roasted. If you say something and you get clowned because of it, understand that it just comes with the territory. This rule is most likely to get bent along the way.

5. Enjoy yourselves.

THE FLY ONES INCLUDE:

-Yours Truly
-rawtheekuh
-Arjuna Capulong
-KCreateBlog
-Madame C
-UHH
-slammin shelby
-CLYDE
-Shahin
-mznikki
-show me
-Hiphop d[-_-]b
-digital.fragrance
-mzkandi
-brownsugar

The movement is moving
radhikaeatsraman
Haha, all right I guess I'll join.
edit: Someone tell me where I can cop the new Lupe Fiasco album for free.
<< broke.
fameONE
Done.

Lupe's the truth. Clever wordplay, concise lyrics, tight beats, real world topics and all done with style, swagger and tact. You can't hate on dude.
radhikaeatsraman
F'real. It's a shame, actually. Whenever I mention Lupe to people, they're like, "Huh? Who's Lupe Fiasco?"

Chi-Town actually has some serious artists coming out of there. Not just Lupe, you've got Common, Kanye, Rhymefest...I really enjoy Chicago rap.
fameONE
Chicago: Bump J is Lupe's counterpart. He's more or less an evil twin.

Lupe has done the street thing but his focus was betterment for himself, his camp and for hiphop in general. His mixtapes are ill but they have a raw edge to them. Where as on his album, he's much more refined.

Bump is just hood all around. He'll make a political reference or two, but you won't hear him make a song like American Terrorist (Food & Liquor) or Conflict Diamonds (Fahrenheit 1/15 Mixtape) like Lu would.

Not to take anything away from Bump J, though. Dude is nice on the mic.

Rhymefest's album is sooo underrated. Hell, Chicago hiphop in itself is underrated.
Simba
I'm actually kind of surprised there hasn't been a hip-hop club until now.

I guess I can do a little bit of the signature stuff, maybe a little later.
Are you going to have a member list?
fameONE
Sure. Let me get on that.
Simba
Then count me in.
KCreateBlog
Sign me up.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Favorite Rappers:
Joe Budden - I liked him every since I heard the song Focus, been a fan every since.
Ludacris - Not the greatest of all times, but probably one of the more consisten mainsream artist out there.
Lupe Fiaso - He has some pretty witty lines, who doesn't get a thrill out of that?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got something to add, don't blast me but I think
Method Man and Redman - Da Rockwilder
one of the best rap songs ever.

Speaking of Rhymefest does anyone notice how when Kanye Jumps on a song with a superious lyricist it shows. He got owned in these songs for example by the other rappers:

Kanye West ft. Common, Talib Kweli - Get em High
Rhymefest ft. Kanye West - Brand New
Kanye West ft. Lupe Fiasco - Touch the Sky

I've never heard of Bump J, throw me some witty lines that he has spit.
fameONE

Here's the thing with Bump J, he doesn't really say anything that is any different from most rappers you here. If anything, his lyrical skill is a little sub-par. What gives him a lot of leeway, like Jeezy, is the swagger and his past.

----

Meth & Red; always underrated, never appreciated

----

Release Therapy is hot. I get a little tired of all the R&B sex tracks because it gets a little monotonous. I can always go back and listen to some Al Green or Bill Withers if I want some Mood Music, ya dig? But lyrically, that shit is sound.

---

From what I heard of Jeezy's new album, its pretty straight.

---

I got that crack, btw, so if you need your fix; I have it.
hi-C
I wanna join =)

And as a mod, I must discourage illegal downloading/piracy.

As a broke college student on the other hand...
moninja
QUOTE(BrandonSaunders @ Dec 2 2006, 2:26 PM) *
Done.

Lupe's the truth. Clever wordplay, concise lyrics, tight beats, real world topics and all done with style, swagger and tact. You can't hate on dude.

seriously. i love his beats.

i want to join!
fameONE
QUOTE(UHH @ Dec 4 2006, 3:09 PM) *

seriously. i love his beats.

i want to join!

Beats.

Big ups to Soundtrack, Gemini, Chilly and Pharrell in that category.

As far as you joining the club. Done.

Anything else I can do for you?
hi-C
Hey fellow hip-hoppers, I posted about this earlier but...

Pharrell is re-releasing In My Mind with all new live music and production by The Randy Watson Experience (The Roots' drummer ?uestlove and keyboardist James Poyser).

Check out their version of "Number One" on ?uest's youtube site.

I must say, I am EXTREMELY excited about this. Could this be similarly as fantastic as the re-release of N*E*R*D's In Search of...? Let's hope so.
Simba
QUOTE(CLYDE @ Dec 4 2006, 6:16 PM) *
Lately all I've been listening to is Lupe's Food and Liquor album. (Downloaded, of course...)

Same here.

I'd say Lupe did a pretty good job.
slammin shelby
I'll join :D
KCreateBlog
QUOTE(BrandonSaunders @ Dec 4 2006, 1:50 PM) *
[img]http://www.tradebit.com/usr/djmixtapez/pub/9001/Chicagorilla.jpg[img]

Here's the thing with Bump J, he doesn't really say anything that is any different from most rappers you here. If anything, his lyrical skill is a little sub-par. What gives him a lot of leeway, like Jeezy, is the swagger and his past.

Coincidently I was playing Madden 06(Yeah I need to update) and a the song Bump J - Move Around came one> I had heard it numerous of times but never payed to much attention to it. But joint was fire. And Kanye West had to put his 2 cents in. laugh.gif

Meth & Red; always underrated, never appreciated

Word, Def Jam for sure doesn't appreciate him.

Release Therapy is hot. I get a little tired of all the R&B sex tracks because it gets a little monotonous. I can always go back and listen to some Al Green or Bill Withers if I want some Mood Music, ya dig? But lyrically, that shit is sound.

I haven't heard but two tracks from that album, but I heard is what pretty hot. The collaboration with Jeezy was pretty great , guess that whole thing about those two having beef wasn't true. Latest beef I've heard is between Orah and 50 cent. rofl1.gif

From what I heard of Jeezy's new album, its pretty straight.

Ayeeeee, can't ban the Snowman. Jeezy is straight, like his new song, but his monotonous voice tends to bore me if its not a club bangin song.

I got that crack, btw, so if you need your fix; I have it.

For sho~man, make it start freezing
Let it snowman, its the giving season
fameONE
Out here in Japan, these people love them some Star Trak. You can't turn a corner without seeing someone rocking some BBC or Ice Cream. Hell, I saw a cat in a Skyline bumpin' Clipse's Mr. Me Too.

Speaking of which, if you don't have that album, get it.
Simba
QUOTE(BrandonSaunders @ Dec 6 2006, 6:24 PM) *
Hell, I saw a cat in a Skyline bumpin' Clipse's Mr. Me Too.

Speaking of which, if you don't have that album, get it.

laugh.gif

Hm. I've heard Mr. Me Too, but I guess I still need to go get the whole album.
fameONE
^go to my myspace, I have Keys Open Doors playing. Listen to it, you'll get a feel for what most of the album is like.
Shahin
Sign me up.

If anyone wants some Bay slaps hit me up in a PM.
KCreateBlog
Hey that Keys Open Doors is a nice joint, I almost got in my Bboy stance.

"These Hos fake like the ones on Flavor// But I dont' mind spendin, all it is is paper//" laugh.gif

Well this is what I got on rotation right now.
Top 10 Hip Hop Songs I'm Blastin
10. Eminem ft. JayZ - Renegade
9. NERD - Rockstar
8. Ludacris ft. Pharell - Money Maker
7. Mos Def - Brown Sugar
6. Akon ft. Snoop Dogg - I wanna *** You
5. Method Man and Redman - Da Rockwilder
4.The Game - One Blood (Remix)
3. Lupe Fiasco ft. Jill Scott- Daydreamin
2. Joe Budden - Stuntin
1. Snoop Dogg ft. R. Kelly - Thats That
hi-C
^ The "One Blood" remix is crazy. He got EVERYBODY (and they' momma) on that record.
moninja
Best Rap Album
  • Lupe Fiasco - Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor
  • Ludacris - Release Therapy
  • Pharrell - In My Mind
  • The Roots - Game Theory
  • T.I. - King

woo, lupe fiasco. thumbsup.gif
mznikki
i'll join. and i'll try and make a sigy one of these days after finals are over.
KCreateBlog
QUOTE(Madame C @ Dec 7 2006, 4:45 PM) *
^ The "One Blood" remix is crazy. He got EVERYBODY (and they' momma) on that record.

Haha thats what I was thinking. Apparently a lot of the people he chose seem to have beef with 50.

By the way, I know this is against the rules but does anyone have that new The Game - Lets Ride , PM me. whistling.gif
All taken care of thanks to Arjuna. *bows*

I doubt Lupe wins best rap album, name isn't that big. Im thinking maybe TI or Luda.
moninja
QUOTE(KCreateBlog @ Dec 7 2006, 4:08 PM) *
Haha thats what I was thinking. Apparently a lot of the people he chose seem to have beef with 50.

By the way, I know this is against the rules but does anyone have that new The Game - Lets Ride , PM me. whistling.gif
I doubt Lupe wins best rap album, name isn't that big. Im thinking maybe TI or Luda.

i agree, but i loved his CD.
show_me
Throw me in, Go getta- jeezy; pretty sick

Everything else is just blah to me..
slammin shelby
QUOTE(Madame C @ Dec 7 2006, 4:45 PM) *

UGH. Man I LOVED that song. It was sooo awesome.
I'm a big fan of Lupe Fiasco also. I have to admit I really like Eminem too. I should make my list too.
fameONE
The Top 10 Songs for me are:

10. JEEZY- Young Jeezy
9. Ultimate Satisfaction- Ludacris
8. American Terrorist- Lupe Fiasco
7. Money In Da Bank- Lil Scrappy
6. Peanut Butter & Jelly- Cadillac Don & J Money
5. Wanna Know- Obie Trice
4. I Gotcha- Lupe Fiasco
3. Keys Open Doors- Clipse
2. Mr. Me Too- Clipse
1. Daydreamin'- Lupe Fiasco
hi-C
^ I don't really like "American Terrorist." Production-wise, it could've been better. Lupe is worth more than that beat.
fameONE
QUOTE(Madame C @ Dec 8 2006, 9:15 AM) *
^ I don't really like "American Terrorist." Production-wise, it could've been better. Lupe is worth more than that beat.

This is true. When I first listened to it the first few times, I wasn't feelin' it. But once I got into what dude was saying, I fell in love with the song.
Hiphop d[-_-]b
You already know. Put my name on (:
show_me
I met Taboo from BEP today at Macys. He was in front of me in line, buying a LRG jacket. I think he was with his son. He was all hooked up with the BAPE hoodie,shirt, and jeans. Didn't get a picture, because I didn't want to piss him off or anything.. It must suck being a celeb.. I mean my friends actually point out his house everytime we drive near it lol.
Shahin
QUOTE(BrandonSaunders @ Dec 8 2006, 6:34 AM) *
The Top 10 Songs for me are:
10. JEEZY- Young Jeezy

Jeezy comes hella hard on most of his songs, but I didn't really like this one.

Top Ten (In no particular order)

It's Whateva - The Team
How We Do - Dem Hoodstarz
I Luv It - Young Jeezy
Stand Up - Ya Boy
The Way I Live - Baby Boy da Prince
That Go - Keak da Sneak
From the Hood - Husalah, The Jacka, San Quinn
Since 84 - Mac Dreezy
Say Girl - Ya Boy
Ride On Out - Zion I ft. Mac Dre
fameONE
QUOTE(Shahin @ Dec 9 2006, 11:01 PM) *
Jeezy comes hella hard on most of his songs, but I didn't really like this one.

Top Ten (In no particular order)

It's Whateva - The Team
How We Do - Dem Hoodstarz
I Luv It - Young Jeezy
Stand Up - Ya Boy
The Way I Live - Baby Boy da Prince
That Go - Keak da Sneak
From the Hood - Husalah, The Jacka, San Quinn
Since 84 - Mac Dreezy
Say Girl - Ya Boy
Ride On Out - Zion I ft. Mac Dre

That Jeezy joint will grow on you.

my boy Rob put me up to updating my music blog regularly and he said he'll have a hand in promoting it. I encourage all of yous to check it out.

blog.myspace.com/producerdjfame

Oh yea, new tracks added.
KCreateBlog
Jim Jones - We Fly High <--- I gotta make this my ringtone.
fameONE
QUOTE(KCreateBlog @ Dec 10 2006, 2:07 AM) *
Jim Jones - We Fly High <--- I gotta make this my ringtone.

BALLIN!!
hi-C
If I hear that damn Jim Jones song one more time, I'm going to scream. I must admit, hearing him say "BAW-LIN!" was entertaining the first couple of hundred times. Now, I honestly just want him to go away.
Shahin
^That song's weak. Yes.
x1227x
ill join.

lol we fly high no lie!
digital.fragrance
I want to join!

Current Favorite: "Poppin" - Chris Brown
hi-C
As much as I hate Diddy and everything he stands for, that song "Last Night" is my ish.
moninja
QUOTE(digital.fragrance @ Dec 12 2006, 4:50 PM) *
I want to join!

Current Favorite: "Poppin" - Chris Brown

good song. thumbsup.gif
i really love that young jeezy song. 'i luv it'
x1227x
so what's the newest hiphop/rap song?

haven't really gotten up to the trends. xD
hi-C
^ Song? I don't think we can narrow it to just one song.
x1227x
song(s)* then :)
digital.fragrance
Didn't Nas' album just come out?
moninja
is the song 'new friend request' by papoose or gym class heroes? pinch.gif
radhikaeatsraman
^It's by Gym Class Heroes originally, but there's a remix with Papoose, I think.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.