Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Painful Exercising
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Health
brittney414211
This only occurs if I exercise like running or jumping...when I began running im fine..but after awhile my left side starts hurting..im not sure whats there...but it just feels like it tightens extremly tight...and I have to stop for like 10 mins and just lay down for it to stop! I hate it....i want to RUN and not have to stop!!!
sprezzatura
Maybe you are just not used to it. Don't exercise too hard at once. Of course it will hurt. Give yourself time.
WHIMSICAL 0NE
Oh, yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about. I used to get this pain in my left side, kinda by my belly button. It first started when I was increasing the distance I jogged. I usually jog 5 miles a day in about 30 minutes. The only problem with me is that I would get it even when I wasn't doing anything. It would be this pain that would make me come to a dead stop. I could be in the middle of a test in school and feel like I was ready to fall out of my desk and die. Hopefully, this isn't your case. I think it's just that your body isn't used to it. If it's something that's persistant and happening even when your not being active maybe you might just want to get it checked.
Simba
Yeah, you're probably just not used to it. You need to start off slow and then slowly increase the rate you jog or run at. You shouldn't have much of a problem after your body gets used to it.

Moved to Health
Laughsalot
apendicitis? but i like the burn feeling. it makes me feel like i've worked out my muscles hard. i love that feeling.
Infinite.
Not to be extremely blunt, it just means your body isn't use to it and your not the fitest person in the world.

Also if your running everyday, then you should have started off by walking and then going to fast walking and then eventually running, it prepares your body for what is about to come.

Also theres this logic: If you drink water before you run, that may be the reason. Although you have to stay hydrated, if you drink something, you need to wait at least 20 minutes before you go run, otherwise your stomach will cramp up. You may also want to refrain from drinking a lot while running, just take little sips. If your mouth is dry while running, just take some water, swish it around, and spit it out. Hope this helps.
freeridefight
Isnt it called a side stich?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.