Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: angora sweaters?
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Fashion
pink.x.r0se
i got this really cute sweater made out of angora, but the thing is, it smells really bad even after i wash it. Anyone know how to stop the smell?
Girthy
argyle*
try a fabric softner with a fragrance
WHIMSICAL 0NE
Hm, maybe this should be in Fashion. I've actually never heard of Angora. Hm, have you tried washing it the "right way"
http://www.angoraknitforyou.com/how-to-wash.htm
Simba
QUOTE(WHIMSICAL 0NE @ Nov 14 2006, 10:34 PM) *
Hm, maybe this should be in Fashion.

Good idea. thumbsup.gif

Moved to Fashion
a painefull euphoria
i use febreeze on stuff like that for that same reason
OhMyAnniee
^ Yeah, & maybe you could drown it in febreze or something.
Gigi
QUOTE(Girthy @ Nov 14 2006, 7:24 PM) *
argyle*

Angora's a type of wool, not a typo.
Girthy
^oh blush.gif
Joss-eh-lime
on the website whimisical one posted
Below are a number of links to various companies that instruct on how to wash angora. No matter what they may say please NEVER put your angora into the dryer, washer or out in the sun.

but i dont know about the smell thing..
starlette
QUOTE(gigiopolis @ Nov 15 2006, 1:26 AM) *
Angora's a type of wool, not a typo.

its made from rabbit fur.

You actually aren't supposed to wash it. Dry clean.
pandamonium
isnt angora from rabbits? well thats what i heard i dunno if my coworkers were kidding or not.
starlette
QUOTE(pandamonium @ Nov 16 2006, 10:33 PM) *
isnt angora from rabbits? well thats what i heard i dunno if my coworkers were kidding or not.

yeah but they dont kill the bunnies. They just shave them. So they run around awkward and cold, but it beats a bludger to the head.
mai_z
it's supposed to be drycleaned...but is it smelling because it's warm and you're sweating in it, or is your bodyheat causing the sweater to smell?
x1227x
just dump it in the dry cleaning and use bounce or whatever fabric softner thingy you think smells good :P
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.