Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sweat
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Health
misskentucky
Sooooo I'm a 14 year old girl and I seem to sweat quite a bit. I don't think it's puberty, I've had my period for like a year and a half. But yeah I can't wear light colored shirts anymore because I grow large pit stains (Yummy, right?). It's getting super embarassing, and I'm sick of not being able to wear my favorite shirts.

I've tried some different deoderant, but nothing has helped. I've tried like, Ban and Secret I dunno what else.

So what're some good deoderants to keep me from sweating profusely?
tokyo-rose
Deodorant merely covers up odors.
It's antiperspirant that you should use since it helps prevent sweat from breaking out before it starts.
a painefull euphoria
you may have a medical condition.
does your family have a history of anxiety disorders?
and if not then maybe you jsut naturaly sweat alot lol
misskentucky
QUOTE(a painefull euphoria @ Nov 14 2006, 4:55 PM) *
you may have a medical condition.
does your family have a history of anxiety disorders?
and if not then maybe you jsut naturaly sweat alot lol

Actually, both my mom and dad have anxiety and so do I. I'm not really worried about WHY I sweat a lot though... more of how to prevent it.

And yeah anti persperant that's what I meant.
espressive
There may be a couple of reasons for that excessive sweating to occur. One, if you wear a lot of polyester clothing, that may induce sweating as compared to wearing cotton clothing. To prevent that, use a deodorant/antiperspirant called Certain Dri. Works wonders! Or you may have a medical condition called hyperhidrosis. I don't know the exact details, so you may want to some some background research. If it makes you feel any better, I use to have excessive sweating too. pinch.gif It was gross! I thought I had a problem, like a medical condition, because it was ongoing for like 3 years. I'm totally fine now. tongue.gif
Comptine
one way to lessen sweating is to give the product time to soak the sweat up. use antipespirant powder on at night. i read it in a magazine up you should listen to her ^ because she's been through this.
DarkImpressions
That happens to my friend to and she said they wont go away even if she washes the shirt.
Laughsalot
^ blink.gif

i just use dove deoderant. even though i like leave in the heat year round. itjust lessons the sweat but doesn't make it go away completely..
synthase
see your doctor or something like that (maybe your nurse at school??)
but like you said, you arnt quite worried about it..right?
but i have read about this disease somewhere in a magazine, and it was very severe..and kinda gross?
WHIMSICAL 0NE
QUOTE(Lil_Cloud @ Nov 14 2006, 11:38 PM) *
There may be a couple of reasons for that excessive sweating to occur. One, if you wear a lot of polyester clothing, that may induce sweating as compared to wearing cotton clothing. To prevent that, use a deodorant/antiperspirant called Certain Dri. Works wonders! Or you may have a medical condition called hyperhidrosis. I don't know the exact details, so you may want to some some background research. If it makes you feel any better, I use to have excessive sweating too. pinch.gif It was gross! I thought I had a problem, like a medical condition, because it was ongoing for like 3 years. I'm totally fine now. tongue.gif

Yeah.... lol. It could be something medical. Esspecially if your parents sweat a lot too (not to be gross or anything). You could always get it checked out by a doctor if nothing else seems to help.
MrStrife
my homeboyz litttle brother has the same problem. (but then again 1 always laugh at him sweating buckets wen he'z wrestling his cousin) but the thing is itz completely natural and ur bodiez are just sweating out more than ur putting in. The question is not wat deodorant to use but how to balance ur hormonez out.
me1issaaaa
I think it has to do with the size of your pores. Like someone mentioned before, there's this roll-on stuff called Certain Dri that shrinks the pores in your armpits, therefore, making you sweat less. I had the same problem, and I used it and it's incredible. It's pretty cheap and you can get it in certain cosmetic stores, I got mine at Ulta. I haven't seen it in any other stores around here.
Laughsalot
it's hard finding a really good deorderant. why won't you try adidas?
Drama4Ever
It is natural to sweat when you're in your teens. I do lol Hmmm it'd be an idea to maybe try experimenting with different deoderants...sometimes it can take a while to find on that suits you and your skin. Sometimes before your period starts then you may find yourself sweating a bit before it. That can happen to anyone (that has periods) lol whistling.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.