Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3 Days'Impression Tour in Guilin
Forums > Community Center > Academia > Writing
sundy
3 Days’Impression Tour in Guilin ——part one
Guilin is Located in the subtropical zone in the southern part of China, and boasts a pleasant climate throughout the year. Built over 2,000 years ago during the Qin Dynasty and named after the fragrance of osmanthus, Guilin has b
een famous for its picturesque scenery。the peculiar landforms of Limestone Mountains and numerous caverns are renowned throughout the world and called the finest beauty under the heaven. Over the course of centuries many poets and painters have been drawn to these parts, and they have all praised the beauty of Guilin in their works. The Lijiang River flows from northeast to southeast like a jade ribbon.

I had a close visit to Guilin in holiday last summer, which is a tour not only to guilin city itself, but to the beauty around the city: ethnic minority experience inLongsheng north of the city, cruise on Li River to Yangshuo in the south and a special show in the open air with the river as the stage. I remembered that I sent pictures of the hills of Guilin to friends back home, and few of them believed what they saw.

Beijing Shanghai Xi'an
hi-C
Moved to writing(?)
sundy
3 Days’Impression Tour in Guilin -----Part two
On the first day, we had an Ethnic Minorities Culture expedition at Longsheng Terrace. After three-hour drive we arrived at Longji Rice Terrace, which is located in the southeast of Longsheng County and is called “The champion of the terrace world”. The terraces wind from the foot to the top of the hillside and show a picture of great momentum and imposing beauty. Layers on layers, some of them look like great chains, others look like ribbons. We hiked for about 1 hour up to Ping’ an village and visited the rice terraces of Dragon's Back Mountain where the Zhuang and Yao Ethnic Tribes have inhabited for hundreds of years.

For me, not the beauty but the local women with their long and black hair that is the most charming feature. From a local woman, I learned that long hair is a local tradition. All the Hongyao women can cut their hair at 16 years old; symbolizing the fact she is an adult who can look for a lover. But the hair cut off should be kept by her grandmother instead of being thrown away. That was really interesting!

Tibet Lijiang Yunnan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.