Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is masturbation a sin?
Forums > Community Center > Debate
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
GothpunkGClover
i have no clue if it is , but if it is a sin..i'm going to hell. laugh.gif jk lol
CEP
If it is, only priests would go to heaven. Maybe nuns too.
Don't you just hate it when people spell " masturbation " wrong?
Seriously, you don't Master, bate. What the hell's a bate?!

- Chinkieeyedpnoi
tofumonzter
QUOTE(chinkieeyedpnoi @ Jun 1 2004, 10:35 PM)

- Chinkieeyedpnoi

Topic edited. wink.gif
GuardianAngel18
...yes. so end this topic now!
Blueiyzboy
Depends on what you beleive in. What is with you and the Masturbation topics? Put it to an end already...isint this like your 2nd or 3rd one?
fiji_kid
umm i know that in muslim its a sin to masturbation but it depands..
like if some1 is praying then you cant.. it something like that ermm.gif
krnxswat
It all depends on what you believe in. For instance, I am a Christian and, yes, it is a sin.
waccoon
QUOTE(krnxswat @ Jun 2 2004, 3:04 PM)
It all depends on what you believe in. For instance, I am a Christian and, yes, it is a sin.

ooooooo. j00 going to heeeell! laugh.gif
unsignhype
i think it is
WildGriffin
I hope to God it's not.

...seriosuly, the thought scares me.
AngelicEyz00
Anything that feels good is a sin!! haha
hybrid
QUOTE(AngelicEyz00 @ Jun 2 2004, 5:02 PM)
Anything that feels good is a sin!! haha

I have to agree with you with that. _smile.gif What she said. ^^

QUOTE(krnxswat @ Jun 2 2004 @ 3:04 PM)
What he said too. _smile.gif
NicolynnCat
if it is then im def. going to hell...hhaa! but im pretty sure it isnt
craziplaya21
ha, if masturbation is a sin, then everybody is goin 2 hell.
Flaunted
some say its a way to explore yourself.
some say its a sin.
seriously i don't know. its your choice. but lots of people say its a sin. ermm.gif
o well
WildGriffin
Wait wait, so why is it a sin?
xquizit
Man, I've always wondered about that. Does the bible say anything about it?
shawty_redd
it is a sin...we had a preist come in and talk to us and he said that according to the catichism of the church (think i spelled it right) its a sin. he said that as christians we are supposed to control our urges and stuff like that..
espressive
Well, a cat dies everytime you do that :) I dunno my sayings, but there IS one like that...I just can't remember!
animeotaku331
the 7 deadly sins. greed(wanting more than you have), gluttony(eating more than waht you need to survive), sloth(laziness), envy(wanting something that someone else has), pride(not looking down on yourself), and last is lust. the one ur talkin bout. you can be turned on by a hot person and go to hell. isn't that great? -.-;; then there is this original sin and i don't know how that works. by the way, im athiest so i dont believe in sinning and stuff...i mean...according to the bible, passing down your genes is sinning. lust, pride, and greed. lust, cuz u need to have sex to get babies. pride, cuz ur probly proud of urself cuz u habz a son/daughter. and greed, cuz ur wanting a baby, which since u have none and you want some, thats wanting more than u gotz already
MrElsewhere
umm..suuure..but im buddhist so..yea..its still a sin in buddhism..da only sin in buddhism i thnk is 'wanting' wanting money, girls, sex, masturbation, a new house, all da thngz u really dun need..umm..so yea..i'm prolly not make'n it ta heaven cuzz i want a LOTTA things..
lpmatt618
I believe it is, but I also think it is a sin God is very forgivable about. Because Ive never met a guy who hasnt mastuarbated.
F_L_I_P
i dont think it is...at least _unsure.gif not sure.
JessJR1022
according to my religon...yes it is bad.....some where along the lines of temptation and all that stuff
adoggydog195
It is a sin for us Catholics because...
One of the Ten Commandments is Thou shall not have sex before marrige.
As nasty as it is, it is having sex with yourself.
GothpunkGClover
lol yes it sounds very disturbing. tongue.gif
PinoyOtaku
QUOTE(adoggydog195 @ Jun 2 2004, 8:38 PM)
One of the Ten Commandments is Thou shall not have sex before marrige.

Bah the Vatican must be making these minor changes to those tablets.... tongue.gif

Anyways, I do believe that it is a sin.

But it is quite disturbing to hear that masturbation is self-sex... blink.gif
whosthesraka
its called alternation of generation let me put it in a simpler way when a type of organism i forgot (learned this in science) the first part is not you cause its having a asexual stage but the second one is a sexual stage and the organism has sex with itself so thats pretty much what your doing when u masterbate hahaha and i dunno if it is a sin i am catholic but masterbating is not my greatest sin far away from that much more i have done thigns that well not imagainable hahaha am scurred of myself
Meioku
I myself am not pro or con masturbation, but you should all learn something about the subject before posting your answers to that question. I suggest http://www.jackinworld.com (a sex education website). It is not actually having sex with yourself, technically because a guy does not stick his genitals into himself. Merely rubbing yourself with your hand or some other stimulation tool is not sex. Unless sex has become a guy simply rubbing himself on a girl, there is no literal way to have sex with yourself. As for my opinion, sometimes Catholic priests are hypocrites themselves, because no matter what religion they are, they are still human, and they are still males with male needs. Besides, some of them are up there having sex with boys, is that not a worse sin than pleasuring oneself in a private manner? ermm.gif
visualfusion
Somebody makes a good point there...
liquidize
NEVER !!! masterbating isn't a sin. in my view...
faithin_felix
QUOTE(tofumonzter @ Jun 2 2004, 12:38 AM)
Topic edited. wink.gif

um...you edited and its still wrong, hahahhaha, it says maturbating or something on top of the voting thingy.

HOLY CRAP they votes are close.
jaeman
I never knew it was a sin. I never even thought about thinking that masturbation was a sin! Until now of course. huh.gif
alfskater
NOT masturbating is a sin... that's for sure! hehehe
darkcoldplace
QUOTE(chinkieeyedpnoi @ Jun 2 2004, 12:35 AM)

- Chinkieeyedpnoi

sounds liek a debate hammer.gif case open

i denno its just a word jose..like condom its a word... blink.gif
Blueiyzboy
QUOTE(WhatsYourExcuse? @ Jun 4 2004, 6:12 AM)
sounds liek a debate hammer.gif case open

i denno its just a word jose..like condom its a word... blink.gif

Agree...

Maybe it should be moved to debate?
I was thinking about something...if it is a sin. Wouldint sex be a sin after marriage? If you get a divorce was having sex with that person a sin? What about if your not married? I dont bleive that... you can love someone so much and not want to get married but then you have sex?
psychoticangel
QUOTE(animeotaku331 @ Jun 2 2004, 8:40 PM)
the 7 deadly sins. greed(wanting more than you have), gluttony(eating more than waht you need to survive), sloth(laziness), envy(wanting something that someone else has), pride(not looking down on yourself), and last is lust. the one ur talkin bout. you can be turned on by a hot person and go to hell. isn't that great? -.-;; then there is this original sin and i don't know how that works. by the way, im athiest so i dont believe in sinning and stuff...i mean...according to the bible, passing down your genes is sinning. lust, pride, and greed. lust, cuz u need to have sex to get babies. pride, cuz ur probly proud of urself cuz u habz a son/daughter. and greed, cuz ur wanting a baby, which since u have none and you want some, thats wanting more than u gotz already

Errr okai.
Well technically, a man getting suddenly aroused is NOT a sin. it's human nature.
now, if a man "thinks" or "imagines" something or someONE that actually gets him aroused and THEN masturbates, that is lust. Which is then, a sin.
I got that from a preacher. *shrugs*
Now the "lust, cuz u need to have sex to get babies." part. lol, didn't God tell Adam and Eve to "Go out and multiply!" so why would it be lustful to have intercourse for a baby? Unless of course, its out of marriage, and you intend to kill the baby, it IS a sin to Catholics or Christians alike.
And hey, wanting to have a baby is not greed. lol, unless of course you need to have a baby to receive a part of a rich inheritance. =P

And for some aetheist, you seem to know some stuff o.o;;
xquizit
Um... masturbation is not considered to be a form of sex. Where did that come from?
Meioku
Hmm... masturbation is considered a form of sex by some, and not considered as such by others. It appears to be more of an opinion. I don't think it is a form of sex myself, but it is just how people look at it. Those who don't understand the real meaning of sex may tend to get it mixed up with privately pleasuring oneself and the actual motion of intercourse with someone else. yawn.gif Confusing eh?
OriskybusinessO
QUOTE(animeotaku331 @ Jun 2 2004, 5:40 PM)

This is why I'm not religous...
LatinaLady
its a sin in some religions + cultures
lostinthepit13
I don't think it is. It's like asking. "If you masturbate, are you not a virgin?" And its not really having sex with urself.....
flipice24
arent the seven deadly sins like extremes? like lust would probably engaging in sex many times and the person is not married. im catholic i read somewhere that masturbation is a mortal sin so its really abd... ermm.gif
R|_|f|_|5
QUOTE(sharpieaddicteD @ Jun 2 2004, 5:36 PM)
some say its a way to explore yourself.
some say its a sin.
seriously i don't know. its your choice. but lots of people say its a sin. ermm.gif
o well

damn, if its to explore ourselves , a bunch of us can already make a map
aznxdreamer
QUOTE(animeotaku331 @ Jun 2 2004, 8:40 PM)

wow....im like all of those...except for lust cuz im 13 and yeah.
i dno anyone who doesnt commit or feel those things, i dno...if they didn't they probably be kinda...dead. ermm.gif
katers
according to the bible, God tells us to stay pure in thoughts and actions. and from what i know, when u masturbate u dont stay pure in thoughts
Blueiyzboy
When you have sex do you stay in pure thoughts? No... point proved.
waccoon
QUOTE(Blueiyzboy @ Jun 11 2004, 6:49 PM)
When you have sex do you stay in pure thoughts? No... point proved.

He didn't say anything about having pure thoughts when having sex, as sex is adultery. Thou shalt not commit adultery. Point proved.
wayne
yes boys and girls.. masterbation is a sin. now how would young dj know? my moms a preacher! whohoo!!! eerk... lol, but yeah, its a sin.
eggnite
if you take the bible word for word:
j-walking is a sin...
swaring is a sin...
lookng at a women with lust is a sin...
disobeying your parents is a sin...
wearing clothes made of polyester is a sin...
the list goes on and on...

your thoughts are probably not pure when you masturbate, but are your thoughts pure all the time when your not masturbating?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.