Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best ab workout
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Health
Laughsalot
what's the best ab workout. i mean i'm a girl. and i wanna get a flat stomach i don't want to get a six pack or something but i want a flat stomach. so any sugestions?
alysaphobia
well... i don't think you can really "spot diet" meaning lose weight in a particular area of your body only. but yeah... i run, and i think it's the best ab/anything work-out because it works so many areas of your body at one time. :)
Laughsalot
it works in the stomach area too rite? just making sure. so do you have a flat stomach? how long did it take you to get it
Gypsy Eyes
The two best stomach workouts <b>ever<b> are:

-Planks: Hold the pushup position with straight arms for 50 seconds, then rest 10 and repeat. Make sure your back is flat and your feet are close together. For more of a challenge bend your arms to 90 degrees.

- I'm not sure what to call these, but we do them in dance and they KILL. Go in a regular situp position with your legs up and crossed in the air. It's basically like a regular crunch but you lift your butt in the air as well.
bijou
If you have significant body fat on your abdomen, all the exercises in the world won't do a thing. You'd need to incorporate a cardiovascular routine to shed body fat. My clients always make me laugh when they think they can get a flat stomach by doing crunches etc.
Laughsalot
QUOTE(bijou @ Nov 8 2006, 1:01 PM) *
incorporate a cardiovascular routine

what is that? kyathanks biggrin.gif
Rachel
^ mellow.gif

Ever hear of running?
Mr. Slowjamz
QUOTE(Rachel is love @ Nov 14 2006, 11:55 AM) *
^ mellow.gif

Ever hear of running?

yea but running involves every single part of your body ....if she just wanted to focus around her abdomen area ...try doing crunches.
espressive
QUOTE(Mr. Slowjamz @ Nov 14 2006, 11:02 AM) *
yea but running involves every single part of your body ....if she just wanted to focus around her abdomen area ...try doing crunches.

BUT running helps to lose the fat concentrated on the abdominal region. Therefore, if you want defined abs, you run + crunches. The running is conditioning that allows you to see the abs, the crunches is toning that builds the abs.
brokenxwingsx
You can do 1000 crunches every night, and if you have fat on your stomach, it won't go away. You'll just have rock hard abdominal muscles under a layer of fat.

If your stomach doesn't have much fat on it, then you could probably just get away with doing all kinds of abdominal exercises. But I'd suggest doing something aerobic too.

Gypsy Eyes, those are called reverse curls. I love them, they work so well.

I like to do leg lifts. You lay flat on your back with your hands behind your back and you lift your legs 90 degrees up in the air. Then you put them back down and hold them about 3 inches above the floor for 5 seconds. Start with like 20 of them. I can do 50-100.
T0rmented_Soul
run and do sit ups. easy enough.
me1issaaaa
AB LOUNGE AB LOUNGE AB LOUNGE. I tried doing regular situps, and it took nearly a month before I ever saw results. Over the summer, I got the Ab Lounge, and started out doing 4 or 5 sets of 50, and two days later I swear I'd lost 2 inches off my stomach, it was so incredibly flat. I had no idea I could ever have a flat stomach until then. Pretty much the best invention ever thumbsup.gif
T0rmented_Soul
interesting, i could never rely on tv ad's for anything. I found the old school way was much more effective, though time consuming. patience is a key to sucess.
me1issaaaa
Well, I'm extremely impatient, and I didn't get results I wanted fast enough with regular workouts. That thing, however, gives results within days.
T0rmented_Soul
I have an ab doer, whish is the lunge? the one thatyou do crunches and press against your stomach? i seen alot of ab thingy commercials lol.
me1issaaaa
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.