Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help guys! What is a PREP/EMO?
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Fashion
**Lucy*
Ok guys. So what’s actually an emo?
As I live in Paris I have no idea about American trends.
Yesterday my brother’s best friend from America arrived in France and he’s staying with us for this week. When he saw us he said that my brother is an emo and that I am prep/emo.
So could u please explain to me what is prep and what is emo?
Our clothes were absolutely ok. And our shoes too.(I mean what’s wrong with Vans and All star anyways?????????)

Thanks in advance. happy.gif

PS: I read some threads that are relevant but I couldn't find a definition. sad.gif
StanleyThePanda
Ive never heard "prep/emo" but Urbandictionary.com has a ton of definitions for stuff like that.

SOME of these may help. But not all are true.
Emo;
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=emo

Prep/Emo (also known as Premo, so says urbandictionary);
Warning: there are also other definitions for Premo, but most are prep/emo.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=premo
lovescream
Wow. I never knew there was a such thing as a PREMO!

Ooo. In my eyes, I've seen people define prep mainly as a cheerleader. Also, supposedly, they talk non-stop about hot guys, make-up obsessed, cares mainly about how they look, pink is their only world, listening to poppy/mainstream music, "popular" and has many many boyfriends. Yeah. o_o With everyone labeling, that's how many people see "preps" as.

And emo.. I guess is some ghetto version of a goth. God, I hate how I'm labeling haha. They dye their hair black, wears black mainly, a guy who wears make-up, likes skulls, skeletons, etc. Listens to "hardxcore" music. has their hair covering their face.. uhhhhhh. Yeah. I guess. -shrug- those are just what people see emos/preps as in general. You know?
x_curse_of_the_curves_x
lol. premo- a joint or blunt laced with coke. " i smoked a big premo last night!"

that made me laugh.
think!IMAGINARILY
QUOTE(electric shock @ Oct 17 2006, 2:06 PM) *
Ooo. In my eyes, I've seen people define prep mainly as a cheerleader. Also, supposedly, they talk non-stop about hot guys, make-up obsessed, cares mainly about how they look, pink is their only world, listening to poppy/mainstream music, "popular" and has many many boyfriends. Yeah. o_o With everyone labeling, that's how many people see "preps" as.

Yeah. And they wear stuff like Abercrombie, Hollister, and AE. They giggle a lot and are really hyper. And they go "OH MY GOSH!!!11!!" and "Like totally!" a lot.
QUOTE(electric shock @ Oct 17 2006, 2:06 PM) *
And emo.. I guess is some ghetto version of a goth. God, I hate how I'm labeling haha. They dye their hair black, wears black mainly, a guy who wears make-up, likes skulls, skeletons, etc. Listens to "hardxcore" music. has their hair covering their face.. uhhhhhh. Yeah. I guess. -shrug- those are just what people see emos/preps as in general. You know?

They listen to watered-down emo most of the time. Some listen to Hawthorne Heights and Thursday. They cry a lot to their songs.
They are also known to cut themselves and wear think-rimmed glasses. And tight jeans. And some have lip piercings.
Listen to the song, Emo Kid by Adam and Andrew and you'll know all you need to know about the emo stereotype.

BTW, Vans aren't really considered emo. They're more in the scene stereotype.
x_curse_of_the_curves_x
QUOTE(rawr SOCK @ Oct 17 2006, 3:55 PM) *
Yeah. And they wear stuff like Abercrombie, Hollister, and AE. They giggle a lot and are really hyper. And they go "OH MY GOSH!!!11!!" and "Like totally!" a lot.

They listen to watered-down emo most of the time. Some listen to Hawthorne Heights and Thursday. They cry a lot to their songs.
They are also known to cut themselves and wear think-rimmed glasses. And tight jeans. And some have lip piercings.

no they don't that's just stupid. people started that cause people with deppression do that and they figure all emo people have deppression.
no-name
This does not even belong in fashion and use urbandictionary to found out what they mead
x_curse_of_the_curves_x
i have a question what's the difference between emo kids and scene kids?? just wondering don't call me stupid please! sad.gif
lovescream
QUOTE(just another teenage dirtbag @ Oct 17 2006, 1:56 PM) *
no they don't that's just stupid. people started that cause people with deppression do that and they figure all emo people have deppression.

QUOTE UNQUOTE, they are known to.

I mean, haven't you ever heard people going "OMGZ U EMO. LOLZ U KUT URSELF!~!~!!!!"
Yarly. It's the definition of the label, basically.

QUOTE(rawr SOCK @ Oct 17 2006, 1:55 PM) *

Listen to the song, Emo Kid by Adam and Andrew and you'll know all you need to know about the emo stereotype.
BTW, Vans aren't really considered emo. They're more in the scene stereotype.

ooo. Yeeah. I agree with the vans because everybody wears them, pretty much any stereotype - same with Converse.
x_curse_of_the_curves_x
QUOTE(electric shock @ Oct 17 2006, 4:01 PM) *
QUOTE UNQUOTE, they are known to.

I mean, haven't you ever heard people going "OMGZ U EMO. LOLZ U KUT URSELF!~!~!!!!"
Yarly. It's the definition of the label, basically.

yeah but i know lots of emo people that don't cut themselfs and lots of cutters that are in no way emo. so i don't belive that. but its just my opinion.

agreed about vans.
StanleyThePanda
QUOTE(just another teenage dirtbag @ Oct 17 2006, 5:00 PM) *
i have a question what's the difference between emo kids and scene kids?? just wondering don't call me stupid please! sad.gif

Emo's {stereotypically} cut, avoid people, cry a lot, listen to stuff like Hawthorne, thursday, TBS, etc. black eyeliner.

Scene kid's {Stereotypically, of course}:
Shows are a social event.
Music snobs (most of the time)
Listen to hardcore/metal/underground
Think they are better than the next scenester
{girls} where 12342432 colors on their eyes (eye shadow)
Tight straight leg pants, band t-shirts, septum piercings, gauges, snakebites, tattoos (if they are old enough)
Stuff like that.
I cant think of anything else right now, but there are some other things I couldve listed.
think!IMAGINARILY
^ Damn, you beat me to it!

QUOTE(just another teenage dirtbag @ Oct 17 2006, 5:00 PM) *

Emo is like depressed.
Scene is more like a developed version of punk. They go moshing a lot.

Their music is also very different. Scene people are known to listen to hardcore/screamo/posthardcore/punk.. that kind of stuff.
And emo people listen to.. emo.

QUOTE(just another teenage dirtbag @ Oct 17 2006, 4:56 PM) *

As electric shock said, it's just the definition of the label. If you check Urban Dictionary, Wikipedia, or even Unencyclopedia, it talks about emo people cutting themselves!
Besides, not everyone fits into their stereotype perfectly (not saying that everyone has one.). "Emo people" can not cut themselves and still be emo.
x_curse_of_the_curves_x
im like a mix of emo and scene then. im not more any of them. lol so do i call my self scenemo lol. just kidding i wouldn't call myself that.
no-name
Like i said before what does this have to do with fashion and emo kids are just whinny little kiddies.....end of discussion
x_curse_of_the_curves_x
QUOTE(medicalxinjektion @ Oct 17 2006, 4:18 PM) *
Like i said before what does this have to do with fashion and emo kids are just whinny little kiddies.....end of discussion

that's not nice. i just said i was half of that steryotype. cry.gif

lol. sorry i had to say that. since you said that they were whinny. lol. _smile.gif
Infinite.
XD.gif I've gotten called prep/emo by people are my school. and Plain Emo.

Its because of the things I wear or the things I like. Such as invader zim, I love Gir, and carry a bag with him on it and wear slip on vans and other stuff so people classify that under "emo"

And then I use to have a book bag from this company called the North Face or something like that I can't even remember, and I have clothes from like Hollister, so they classify that under "prep"

Just ignore her, shes a sterotype. I can't stand it most of the time, its rather annoying. I guess you get over it eventually though.
OhMyAnniee
Prep is like uniform-ish. It's very .. I guess you could say high classed? Most of the "rich people" are labeled "preppy."

Emo, to me, is actually a type of music. But nowadays, it's like the tight pants, and band shirts.. I think. Not quite sure. Basically, it's a type of a rocker look.
no-name
QUOTE(hardxcoreL0VER @ Oct 17 2006, 10:56 PM) *
Prep is like uniform-ish. It's very .. I guess you could say high classed? Most of the "rich people" are labeled "preppy."

Emo, to me, is actually a type of music. But nowadays, it's like the tight pants, and band shirts.. I think. Not quite sure. Basically, it's a type of a rocker look.

i always thought emo was a type of music..now it is a fashion statement....
CenaidaSaur
well im a preppy emo
it means;;
we lauqh alot
-we have biq teased hair
we say thinqs like
-"omq.!! like wow.! Bomb.!"
-we dont cut
-we dont always cry
-have qood times
-dress stylish
-skinny jeans,bows,vans,converse
-animal prints colorful clothes,
-acceserise alot
-&+ layered hair
-we also love like totally love smiley faces cartoons bands punk music
-biq shades were kind of like scenes
Harp
Don't bump old topics, thanks.
superstitious
QUOTE(CenaidaSaur @ Jun 6 2009, 05:59 PM) *
well im a preppy emo
it means;;
we lauqh alot
-we have biq teased hair
we say thinqs like
-"omq.!! like wow.! Bomb.!"
-we dont cut
-we dont always cry
-have qood times
-dress stylish
-skinny jeans,bows,vans,converse
-animal prints colorful clothes,
-acceserise alot
-&+ layered hair
-we also love like totally love smiley faces cartoons bands punk music
-biq shades were kind of like scenes

I deleted one of the duplicates (for some reason you posted twice, which happens to me sometimes. I guess one click too many?)

Yeah, bumping old topics is sort of frowned upon, but I respect that you (more than likely) searched for this topic. Sometimes a catch 22 (search/post in old topic, or create a new one and get slammed for not searching?)

I have no idea what the whole emo and prep/emo thing is all about. I've never really paid much attention to categorizing one's style in one particular genre. Wear what you like, is how I figure. :)
misoshiru
QUOTE(CenaidaSaur @ Jun 6 2009, 05:59 PM) *

that just makes you sound like a scene kid. hello children going through puberty. is your voice breaking as well?
iGio
Prep

Emo
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.