Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I belong to me
Forums > Community Center > Music
goodcharlotte
So I was watching the music video this morning and I was horrified.

Have a look yourself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYnXCfvKbxg

Opinions?
lovescream
The song is catchy. Lyrics are a bit of a no-no. Video is just.. yeck.
pandamonium
i dont like the song, and the video is okay its boring.
salcha4u
QUOTE(CLYDE @ Oct 16 2006, 6:49 PM) *

She touched herself for the entire minute.

More like the entire song...
Trinie
i kinda like the beat! lol but i really didnt pay attention to the lyrics. her video was alright! nothign special.
Serendipity
QUOTE(salcha4u @ Oct 16 2006, 9:22 PM) *
More like the entire song...

I know. She kept like touching her shoulders & neck a lot.
At the end...she just looks really scary. O.o
aubbob
okay, so i used to like jessica before she became mental.
the song should be called i like to touch myself.
ugh that song is stupid. she's stupid. why did she
leave nick, she's a complete retard without him.
she looks like a clown with the tiara and makeup.
lillylubsyou
Like, I'm not too crazy about the video... like all her other videos... But I LOVE the song... its kinda sad...
iDecay
Maybe she's touching herself because she doesen't get freaky with Nick anymore and has no one else to do it with. shrug.gif I remember watching her performing this and crying. Or talking about it, I don't remember. The beat's okay. The lyrics are kinda.. eh. What's up with the make-up? laugh.gif
StanleyThePanda
hahaha wtf? that was so weird.
Can you say over-exaggerated lip syncing?

Anyways, I thought she was going to choke herself a few times, the way she was grabbing her neck hahaha.
That was very strange, she is weird, and I hate her breath-y voice.
Zatanna
divinyls rip off.

Ok, not really. Lots of touching, go Jess! thumbsup.gif

whistling.gif

She should be a participant on Dancing with the Stars. I think that's where she's headed.
goodcharlotte
I thought it looked completely fake personally. thumbdown.gif
dustinisawesome
maybe it's just me, but i think she can't sing worth a crap.

and no comment on the video....
moninja
i dislike the whole thing. mellow.gif
i'm a hater.

i think she could've done a lot better. the beat, the lyrics and ESPECIALLY her touching herself made me go 'WTF' the first 30 seconds of the video.
synthase
wth?! did she get surgery or something?
w e i r d video
there was one part where she like stretched out her eyes/skin with her fingers...o_O
HakunaMatata
The touching scared me. Seriously. AND THE MAKEUP. I do like the song, and the video is boring, but she doesn't look half bad with short hair.
mzkandi
*yawn* The song is alright but the video was blah. And I kinda wished she would have stopped feeling on herself.

I don't get the part about her making herself up and putting the crown on her like some drag queen.
goodcharlotte
can someone explain the cutting of the hair?
technicolour
sick.gif

She needs to just...either learn how to make a better video or just stop singing at all. That was HORRIBLE.
shortiiex
i like the song but the video is just horrible...Jessica isn't the jessica we use to love anymore
rochelley-o
Hm. The song's alright. The video freaked me out a little. Is it just me, or did she look like Kate Bosworth a little bit? mellow.gif
orgasm
QUOTE(The E-Man @ Oct 18 2006, 7:17 PM) *
can someone explain the cutting of the hair?

Although I dislike Jessica Simpson in general and dislike her music even more... This song falls under that category of "I'm broken, I'm strong, Goddamn, I'm effing depressed" pop. It kind of shows how she's trying to be strong and that she doesn't need a man to make her who she is...

That's why she cuts the hair and puts on the makeup. It's like she's hiding herself and she's angry... she's in denial about needing whoever left her. It's a self-protection thing.

It would have been more obvious, but ... you know... Jessica Simpson's not really with the "deep" so when she TRIES to do something that's not sugary soft, it comes out as a half-assed attempt.

I kind of feel bad for her.

Lyrics:

I dont need somebody to complete me
I want you to know I give all my love but
I'm not givin' all my soul

I belong to me
I don't belong to you
my heart is my posession
I'll be my own reflection
I belong to me
I'm one not half of two
and if you're gonna love me
you should know this baby
I belong to me
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.