Forums > Community Center > Music
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Psychotic
Sorry, about forgetting to post my name laugh.gif
My name's Chelsea.
-sincerely
i love rock and indie. can i join? =] my name is ashley. i'll advertise. ^^;
NoSex
What the f**k is indie and why the hell are nearly all the bands you endorse signed as opposed to "independent?" _dry.gif

And, seriously, what is with this catch all shit? Like, this isn't a very focused kind of place. What the hell do you people represent? Eh?
think!IMAGINARILY
Indie doesn't necessarily have to be an unsigned band. It can be signed by an INDIE record label.

Example: TMG. (The Militia Group: record label.) (OK, excluding Cartel..)
Bands:
COPELAND.
THE APPLESEED CAST.
BRANDSTON.

They're indie.

And another:

Time Spent Driving : Signed by TMG a while back, but they're unsigned now. Less than 100 85 fans on PV last time I checked. Emo/Indie. Wayy different from the emo you find nowadays.

And we represent our pride in music. If that makes sense. Umm, yeah.
NoSex
So, is Indie a sound or a business position? And, what does either mean? And, why would the latter be a part of the said club?

mellow.gif
think!IMAGINARILY
IMO, it can be both.. I mean, Cartel is signed by TMG, but they're not really considered indie, are they? But The Appleseed Cast is definitely indie.
And unsigned bands aren't always indie..

Indie, the sound would probably be something that sounds like DCfC or Copeland, IMO.
Indie, the business position would probably be an unsigned band or a band that is signed by an independent recording label that sounds somewhat melodic.

Well, I don't really know. It gets confusing..

And well.. It's part of the club because I requested it. mellow.gif
shannonx1
isn't Circa Survive indie? haha.

i always considered Circa Survive indie...
as well as The Academy Is...

they're not unsigned, right? xP
think!IMAGINARILY
I guess you can call them indie.. But they're getting more and more mainstream. ermm.gif

I don't really call TAI indie. I think they're more like punk/poppunk, but that's just my opinion.
Circa Survive would probably be indie-ish because they're experimental. I have yet to listen to their songs. mellow.gif

And they're both signed. (TAI = Fueled by Ramen. Circa Survive = Equal Vision.)
shannonx1
you should listen to them =)

i've always thought of The Academy Is.. as indie lol.
definately have never thought of them as punk.
maybe a little pop-punk.. not really, though.
kind of alternative i guess? haha. whatever, i call them indie xP
think!IMAGINARILY
Nahh, I got a big enough list of bands to listen to.
Circa Survive isn't really my type though..

Why would you not think of them as punk? I definitely never thought of them as indie, LOL. I guess you can call them that since some of their songs (sorta, a little bit) sound indie. And Fueled by Ramen is pretty much an indie label..
Skeptics and True Believers sounds more punk, I believe. Along with Seasons and Checkmarks..
shannonx1
and i've definately never thought of them as punk hahah.

Skeptics & True Believers is my favorite. i never really thought it sounded like punk, though.
i'm used to The Clash and like the old punk, so none of the modern bands i listen to seem like punk.
and i always thought that Seasons sounded indie.
rAwritsgWeg
I got a name change so like
yea change the first page
dustinisawesome
^ that's a scary picture!! _unsure.gif
xSabz
Can I join Please? happy.gif
Name is Sabrina.
think!IMAGINARILY
QUOTE(shannonx1 @ Oct 9 2006, 10:54 PM) *
and i've definately never thought of them as punk hahah.

Skeptics & True Believers is my favorite. i never really thought it sounded like punk, though.
i'm used to The Clash and like the old punk, so none of the modern bands i listen to seem like punk.
and i always thought that Seasons sounded indie.

I always say that they're pop punk-ish. They sound like it to me. Their PV says that they're indie though. I've definitely never considered them indie..
I call bands like New Found Glory, Brand New, Armor For Sleep, The All-American Rejects, Bayside, and Saves the Day punk or poppunk. Usually poppunk. I don't listen to that many old bands..
Indie IMO would be something more on the melodic side.. Like some bands signed by TMG.

QUOTE(Dustin. @ Oct 10 2006, 9:25 AM) *
^ that's a scary picture!! _unsure.gif

Agreed. I think it's creepy.
ChaosPunx
QUOTE(rawr SOCK @ Oct 10 2006, 10:49 PM) *
I always say that they're pop punk-ish. They sound like it to me. Their PV says that they're indie though. I've definitely never considered them indie..
I call bands like New Found Glory, Brand New, Armor For Sleep, The All-American Rejects, Bayside, and Saves the Day punk or poppunk. Usually poppunk. I don't listen to that many old bands..
Indie IMO would be something more on the melodic side.. Like some bands signed by TMG.
Agreed. I think it's creepy.

Personally i think Poppunk sucks now i think the sub genre died along time ago.
think!IMAGINARILY
Nahh, they're just getting too mainstream.

For example, Cartel. I used to like them back when their first album came out, but I don't really like them anymore. mellow.gif

Why do you think poppunk sucks?
x_curse_of_the_curves_x
someone told me that fueled by ramen was an indie and emo label is it?
think!IMAGINARILY
It's supposed to be indie.

Emo might cover the genre, but it's indie as in a business position.
x_curse_of_the_curves_x
oh.

uh oh. look at the silver sig. it's like not working sad.gif
think!IMAGINARILY
It isn't? You mean the second one on the front page?
I think it's working fine. mellow.gif
x_curse_of_the_curves_x
oh well it isn't working for me.
My Cinderella.
I love Indie! I'll join.
shannonx1
aw yay! we need more indie people.
ChaosPunx
QUOTE(rawr SOCK @ Oct 11 2006, 8:07 PM) *
Nahh, they're just getting too mainstream.

For example, Cartel. I used to like them back when their first album came out, but I don't really like them anymore. mellow.gif

Why do you think poppunk sucks?

No im not saying it sucks im saying it sucks Now
Tezawari
I... I'll join. As long as I can make a banner for us with a cool band. I'll make one for The Stiletto Formal possibly. =D Possibly the best indie band ever, hee hee hee.

Wait does this club involve post-hardcore and hard core to? Like Ed Gein, The Locust, Cutting Pink W/ Knives, Circa Survive [dances], bleh blah blah?

By the way, my name is Tony
shannonx1
UGH yesss another Circa Survive fan~
hi Tony, i'm Shannon =)
JustAnotherTeenageLoser
my name's tori if you wanted to put it on the list thing
dustinisawesome
^ hey tori.
Connorrr
names connor
x_curse_of_the_curves_x
i just got the cute is what we aim for cd. i love it.

sorry im so behind adding i feel really bad. sad.gif
dustinisawesome
QUOTE(just another teenage dirtbag @ Oct 13 2006, 6:51 PM) *
i just got the cute is what we aim for cd. i love it.

sorry im so behind adding i feel really bad. sad.gif

nice!!

why do you feel bad about that?
x_curse_of_the_curves_x
cause people aren't officially in the club.
dustinisawesome
^ ohhh.....

BoxCar Racer is coooooooooool. cool.gif
x_curse_of_the_curves_x
i keep forgetting to listen to them. rolleyes.gif
no-name
I'll want to join...my nmae is kiki
lumpy
I would love to be a member...
Statues/Shadows
Why is Nate just about the only rational person in here?

This is unbelievably pointless. Or, well, no, I guess it's completely believable seeing as the intelligence level around here is so ridiculously low.
x_curse_of_the_curves_x
QUOTE(Statues/Shadows @ Oct 16 2006, 7:56 PM) *
Why is Nate just about the only rational person in here?

This is unbelievably pointless. Or, well, no, I guess it's completely believable seeing as the intelligence level around here is so ridiculously low.

umm if its that pointless and rediculous then just don't come here kay. its that simple _smile.gif
think!IMAGINARILY
QUOTE(lumpy @ Oct 15 2006, 8:48 PM) *
I would love to be a member...

ohmy.gif
Your signature says Alesana right now. I used to love them! Do you know Barnida?
cutey2kc
oOoOoh. i wanna join.

you should add a banner for paramore.. indie. :]
ooh & hellogoodbye. <3

oh btw, name is KC.

my fav bands everrr:
Paramore, Meg & Dia, Hellogoodbye, CIWWAF (cute is what we aim for), Red Jumpsuit, Scene Aesthetic, Armor For Sleep... & more. <3
shannonx1
^ i like all those bands =D
lumpy
QUOTE(rawr SOCK @ Oct 16 2006, 8:59 PM) *
ohmy.gif
Your signature says Alesana right now. I used to love them! Do you know Barnida?

actually i dont, but i will check them out!
Statues/Shadows
QUOTE(just another teenage dirtbag @ Oct 16 2006, 8:58 PM) *
umm if its that pointless and rediculous then just don't come here kay. its that simple _smile.gif

You could use the same arguement for any other topic. It's not that simple. You can't just leave an advertising topic just because you don't have to read it. You can't leave a topic bashing a member and say that if they're offended, they just don't have to look.
x_curse_of_the_curves_x
QUOTE(Statues/Shadows @ Oct 17 2006, 2:09 PM) *
You could use the same arguement for any other topic. It's not that simple. You can't just leave an advertising topic just because you don't have to read it. You can't leave a topic bashing a member and say that if they're offended, they just don't have to look.

this is different than a member bashing topic this is a club, and if you don't like it just leave im not hurting anyone by making and haveing this topic open.
Statues/Shadows
No, actually, stupidity hurts me considerably more than the illegal advertising topics.

And I got clubs banned once, so obviously I have some actual insight on the matter. It isn't really my fault that you're too dim to realize how inane this is.
x_curse_of_the_curves_x
QUOTE(Statues/Shadows @ Oct 17 2006, 3:47 PM) *
No, actually, stupidity hurts me considerably more than the illegal advertising topics.

And I got clubs banned once, so obviously I have some actual insight on the matter. It isn't really my fault that you're too dim to realize how inane this is.

did you just call me stupid? i don't think this is insane its about music if you don't like the music leave. jeez no reason to get all worked up about it. and how does stupidity hurt you?
Statues/Shadows
I didn't say "insane," rather "inane." And no, I don't think I did, but if the shoe fits...and as long as I'm using stupid cliches, as far as the stupidity hurting me bit, if you have to ask, you'll never know.

Not liking "the music" has nothing to do with it, because this isn't even specific enough to leave much of anything not to like.

How oblivious do you have to be not to see how stupid this- and any other- club is? It's essentially spam in that just about all that's said is "i wanna join!11" This club in particular is even worst than most in that you don't have any real common unifying factor. You're attempting to tdraw in people with a variety of tastes, and for what? The discourse isn't good, especially since completely ignorant things continue to be said on what's "indie" in particular.
x_curse_of_the_curves_x
okay but that's just your opinion and it is starting to become spam but can you just be like this is starting to become spam and you should try to narrow it down a bit. instead of attacking me?

im sorry but that's my opinion.
Statues/Shadows
Goody? Way to state the obvious. Why do you keep responding me?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.