Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ingrown hairs
Forums > Community Center > Lifestyle > Health
angelrevelation
how do you get rid of ingrown hairs? i always feel like they're pimples... but they're not. i have them on my legs AND my face pinch.gif
think!IMAGINARILY
I'd suggest shaving them.. shrug.gif

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_..._23/ai_n6143118

That site has a lot of ideas.
Serendipity
I don't know what I would do (never really had ingrown hairs), but here are a couple links that may help.
http://www.skinbiology.com/ingrownhairs.html
http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/uvahe...derm/inhair.cfm
expoised
That's why plucking is bad, bad, bad!!
thanhmai
poised' date='Sep 20 2006, 5:19 PM' post='2290036']
That's why plucking is bad, bad, bad!!

Doesn't shaving cause more ingrown hairs than plucking?

Exfoliation will help prevention of ingrown hairs thumbsup.gif
expoised
Hm... maybe.

But I've never gotten ingrown hairs from shaving.
lilnatcat
I'm getting ingrown hairs from shaving........

Is it true that if the direction you shave (start from bottom & shave to top) is opposite to the direction that the hair grows you will get ingrown hairs because the hair will curl?

Also would another reason be that your razor is old?
OhMyAnniee
I have no idea.
Maybe you could like massage your legs or something? shrug.gif
Laughsalot
i've never had those. but maybe i did and i didn't notice? how do they look like? i use a product like Nair for my legs but it's for sensitive skin and the name is called "Cléo". i love it!
lilnatcat

This pic is some Before & After thing after using some product (which i would most likely not trust)

The top one is what an ingrown hair is.
angelrevelation
yes those ^ and i hate it because you can actually see the hair trapped (cuz my hair is black), but it's like in my skin so i can't shave it without breaking the skin and gah...
lilnatcat
^ ditto

i don't know how on earth i can shave it without cutting myself..... which is why i use tweezers to pull the hair out of the skin BUT not pluck the hair out.

I'm not sure if that helped the hair though...... or maybe I just need to buy a new razor to prevent getting anymore ingrown hairs.......
Laughsalot
when u shave ur face u get ingrown hairs?
angelrevelation
^ no, no i don't shave my face. but i still get ingrown hairs like in the space between my eyebrows somehow. and i get ingrown hairs on my legs, like mostly on my thighs and around my knees.
a painefull euphoria
QUOTE(lil_nat_cat @ Nov 7 2006, 12:12 AM) *
I'm getting ingrown hairs from shaving........

Is it true that if the direction you shave (start from bottom & shave to top) is opposite to the direction that the hair grows you will get ingrown hairs because the hair will curl?

Also would another reason be that your razor is old?

another reason would be that if you dont clean your razors or if u shave your legs with out using water
angelrevelation
i think i remember having them even before i started shaving... i dunno. shrug.gif
Laughsalot
i just realized.i have some ingrown hairs on my arms. but like near the wrist area. and it's really small. so not so noticeable. blink.gif
mai_z
for your body, exfoliate using a body brush or a sugar scrub. it won't work miracles in a day, but after a while, you should see some improvement. Also try a bodywash with salycilic acid if you don't have dry skin
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.