Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: piano music?
Forums > Community Center > Music
ichiban
a lot of places i go, i hear really pretty piano music with some other instruments in the background. it's not like concertos or blahblah those kind of things, but it sounds really sweet and pretty and i used to hear it on people's xangas. well if you know what i'm talking about, where could i find those songs? who plays/composes them?

thanks
think!IMAGINARILY
Mae (not a lot of songs).
Copeland (they're mostly acoustic).
Something Corporate. Konstantine, the one song everyone knows.
Jack's Mannequin. Dark Blue is a really good song by them.

There's at least one Starting Line song that's piano (called Piano Song) and there's at least one Cartel song (Save Us).

My friend once recommended Vienna Teng to me, but I've never actually listened to her songs. It's worth a shot, I guess.

Video game soundtracks have them too. Final Fantasy.
[2]Nekked
yanni

HAHAHAHAH
Forenzicss
Yiruma - Kiss The Rain CLICK HERE
technicolour
Jim Brickman is a fantastic piano player.

QUOTE(Forenzicss @ Sep 17 2006, 1:33 PM) *
Yiruma - Kiss The Rain CLICK HERE

throb.gif I LOVE THIS DUDE!
smoke
QUOTE(rawr SOCK @ Sep 12 2006, 8:53 PM) *
Video game soundtracks have them too. Final Fantasy.

Yes, I LOVE "To Zanarkand" on FFX Piano Collections. It's my favorite piano song, or whatever they're called, ever. happy.gif
digital.fragrance
Joe Hisaishi!

He does all of the Studio Ghibli movies - his music is amazing!
think!IMAGINARILY
QUOTE(iRock cB @ Sep 17 2006, 4:02 PM) *
Yes, I LOVE "To Zanarkand" on FFX Piano Collections. It's my favorite piano song, or whatever they're called, ever. happy.gif

I LOVE THAT SONG TOO! It sounds so pretty and.. Sad.
And First Love on the Final Fantasy VIII Soundtrack is really good too.
I downloaded the whole FF VII Piano Collection (and a lot of other FF songs), which is weird because I'm usually not the type of person who listens to it. My friends got me hooked on that stuff. XD.gif

It's just really addictive.
digital.fragrance
In FF - the main piano composer is Nobou Uemastu - just to let you know _smile.gif
smoke
QUOTE(rawr SOCK @ Sep 17 2006, 4:13 PM) *
I LOVE THAT SONG TOO! It sounds so pretty and.. Sad.
And First Love on the Final Fantasy VIII Soundtrack is really good too.
I downloaded the whole FF VII Piano Collection (and a lot of other FF songs), which is weird because I'm usually not the type of person who listens to it. My friends got me hooked on that stuff. XD.gif

It's just really addictive.

It is sad. It's like it's trying to tell you a story when you listen to it. That's what I love about it.

I know I usually wouldn't listen to it either but it's really, really good. happy.gif
Kathleen
I don't think much of the music I listen to qualifies as piano music. The closest would be Pink Martini. shrug.gif
celinamaya
QUOTE(digital.fragrance @ Sep 17 2006, 4:08 PM) *
Joe Hisaishi!

He does all of the Studio Ghibli movies - his music is amazing!

I agree!!!
think!IMAGINARILY
Yiruma has some really nice music too. (Oops, someone mentioned it already..)

River Flows In You is an awesome song.
My friend was playing it in orchestra today and it sounded so pretty! I even downloaded it.
digital.fragrance
^ I decided to search that song, since you mentioned it...

OMgosh! I love it! I just downloaded it throb.gif
angelrevelation
the pride and prejudice soundtrack has really pretty piano music. bands that use piano a lot are:
something corporate
jack's mannequin
the fray
japanese artists i dont know...
final fantasy songs, like someone said up there ^
timeflies51
YIRUMA! throb.gif My favorites are "Maybe" and "River Flows in You".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.