Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Moderator Changes, V.II
Forums > News and Announcements > Feedback > Feedback Resolved Topics
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
Zatanna
Current Staff as of 8/23/07

Admins
brownsugar (Suzzette)
davinci (Mona)
ersatz (Sammi)

Head Staff
alovesopure (Kara)
Arjuna Capulong (Arjuna)
karmakiller (Dee)

Design Staff
Alvin (Alvin)
anime-essence (Ricky)
Clashing (Sarah)
digitalfragrance (Rachael)
flardnarf (Kristina)
IVIike (Mike)
moorepocket (Ryan)
The Markster (Mark)
Thomas (Thomas)

People Staff
Hakuna Matata (Kaycee)
Michelle (Michelle)
Moderator (Jane)
robbotic (Robbi)
Sandraaa (Sandra)
SayBloodyMary (James)
Spencer (Spencer)
stephinika (Steph)
Steven (Steven)
ventriloquist (Frankie)
Villainess (Diana)

For a list of moderator functions, please visit createBlog FAQs

Original purpose of this thread:
With name changes and new staff additions, etc., it'd really be much easier if there was a thread tracking the changes in a timeline fashion than of just an announcement. Dates would be convenient.

Please note that this is not a moderator performance or feedback thread. The purpose of this thread is to announce and track changes in moderator staff. Please visit the current Moderator Performance thread for that type of feedback.

Original thread.

Don't mind if I pin this. _smile.gif
gelionie
Sorry if I'm being off-topic, but...
thanks Rebecca for starting a new topic!
The old one was getting too many pages, really.
mona lisa
Krista (Sakura.) has stepped down.
digital.fragrance
This is SO sad.
cry.gif
Azarel
^ Not really.
technicolour
She had SCHOOL, for starters. Her mom wanted her to be more than what Krista herself wanted to be. Some people actually do a lot of stuff outside here.
This Confession
Awe hug.gif I hope she does well in school and stuff. And her mom gets off her back eventually.

This is pretty sad I think.
marzipan
Well, she's not really really on my back. Well....somewhat. She just pushes me a lot. I have to work really hard.

sad?

I just don't have a lot of time anymore. shrug.gif
radhikaeatsraman
Kathleen has stepped down as well been demoted.

We'll miss you, Kathleen! sad.gif
mipadi
Working hard in school will likely be more satisfying than working hard on cB in the end.
Azarel
See? Now that's sad because she's actually active, not because she's my friend.
mzkandi
*sniff, sniff* =[
This Confession
^I have to agree. [with micheal]

-Finishes science-

She'll be missed not being on staff, although I doubt she would leave the community. Atleast I hope she wouldn't.

Need to take Kathleen off the list at the top.
Kathleen
QUOTE(rawtheekuh. @ Sep 14 2006, 8:49 PM) *
Kathleen has stepped down as well.

We'll miss you, Kathleen! sad.gif

Uhh. Just wanted to point out that I didn't voluntarily "step down." _smile.gif
mona lisa
Michelle (insomniac) has stepped down from LiveJournal Staff.
This Confession
sad.gif

Whyyy?

I'll miss you, or everyone will.
mona lisa
Too many personal things to deal with.

Edit.
Well, more like her busy schedule doesn't allow it. =\
This Confession
Oh, well I hope she gets them figured out. Everything turns our for the best. happy.gif
StanleyThePanda
QUOTE(mona lisa @ Sep 14 2006, 7:44 PM) *

Awww, Krista! cry.gif

QUOTE(Azarel @ Sep 14 2006, 7:50 PM) *
^ Not really.

Maybe not to you.. but to others it is...

Anyways, Im sorry to hear that about kathleen, but I suppose it had to be done.
Also, Michelle, I hope you will still be on cB some, or I will miss you a lot!
I Shot JFK
[shriek along the lines of monica from friends]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/courteney cox]

SEE, OK THIS IS WHY MONA SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO DO THINGS. EVER.

DO YOU HAVE NO SENSE OF PROPORTION? AT ALL? WHEN NICKI WAS SUSPENDED, SHE DID SOMETHING THAT ACTIUALLY IMPACTED THE COMMUNITY. AND NOW, KATHLEEN PUTS FRIENDSHIP BEFORE THE PROTECTION OF THE MODS BITCHING, AND SHE IS DEMODDED.

WHAT. THE. f**k?

AND FURTHERMORE, HOW MIND NUMBINGLY STUPID DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO INFORM SOMEONE OF WHAT THEIR PUNISHMENT IS BEFORE YOU HAVE EVEN DECIDED IT, AND THEN CHANGE IT WHEN YOU REALIZE THAT, 'OOPS! I ACTED BEFORE I KNEW WHAT I WAS DOING'?

SILLY, STUPID GIRL.

and spare me the bullshit about other peoples' influences in the decision making, i've read the pms. ok? now, get your useless ass into a position which DOESNT involve completely f**king up. thanks.
Zatanna
QUOTE(I Shot JFK @ Sep 15 2006, 2:21 PM) *
DO YOU HAVE NO SENSE OF PROPORTION? AT ALL? WHEN NICKI WAS SUSPENDED, SHE DID SOMETHING THAT ACTIUALLY IMPACTED THE COMMUNITY. AND NOW, KATHLEEN PUTS FRIENDSHIP BEFORE THE PROTECTION OF THE MODS BITCHING, AND SHE IS DEMODDED.

WHAT. THE. f**k?

AND FURTHERMORE, HOW MIND NUMBINGLY STUPID DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO INFORM SOMEONE OF WHAT THEIR PUNISHMENT IS BEFORE YOU HAVE EVEN DECIDED IT, AND THEN CHANGE IT WHEN YOU REALIZE THAT, 'OOPS! I ACTED BEFORE I KNEW WHAT I WAS DOING'?

SILLY, STUPID GIRL.

and spare me the bullshit about other peoples' influences in the decision making, i've read the pms. ok? now, get your useless ass into a position which DOESNT involve completely f**king up. thanks.

I think that's quite enough, James.
PERSONAL ATTACKS
Flaming, trolling, member bashing--you name it--will not be tolerated here. If you're making an argument it's always better to retort with reason and composure. Personal attacks are childish and have no place in these forums.

Consider this your verbal warning.

Any further blatant insults from you will result in a raised warn level, INCLUDING those you make in Anonymous Shoutouts (because let's face it, the majority of them are hardly anonymous anymore).

Despite what you or anyone else might think, everyone on staff is taking this very hard.

Current staff, if you disagree with this, by all means let me know.
mona lisa
I didn't get a PM back again so let me just simply say it here.

If you think something unexpected coming up is me trying to make myself look bad, go ahead. The entire decision did not rest in my hands.
I Shot JFK
Rebecca, go f**k yourself with your verbal warning =]
Zatanna
^ Okie dokie. :)
x_curse_of_the_curves_x
wow she is seriously upset isn't she. well i just have to say sorry to the people that have stepped down or been demoted but it isn't the end of the world okay so you really don't need to get all mad about it.
Statues/Shadows
James is male. And kindly learn punctuate, because you make all of absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Plus, James is right; Mona is useless.
disco infiltrator
Only when it's a friend though...she wasn't useless before.

Just saying. You guys were fine with her until now.
Azarel
"fine with her until now"? Hardly; they're just voicing it because she's actually done something.
mona lisa
Just because I don't announce every minute detail doesn't mean I sit at my computer doing nothing.

And I would appreciate any criticism, but please direct them to Moderator Performance.

I'm sure you (general you) know the purpose of that thread.
I Shot JFK
QUOTE(disco infiltrator @ Sep 15 2006, 8:51 PM) *
Only when it's a friend though...she wasn't useless before.

Just saying. You guys were fine with her until now.

NYAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

i just snorted water through my nose... really.

when i have i EVER expressed any respect fo rmona in the last year? i think she is an incompetent imbecile who is totally underserving of her position. and have done for a while.

*edit*

oh, for the record, i posted this before mona's last post was made, or more accurately while she was making it, so urhm, i wasnt blatently flouting that post. i probably would have, but just fyi, i didnt.
Simba
QUOTE(mona lisa @ Sep 14 2006, 7:44 PM) *

*Back to topic*
School sure fills up your schedule huh.
Mulder
i'll miss everyone. i already miss backstage...

but like i told mona, i really don't have time to be a mod. maybe after the musical's over...
digital.fragrance
^ We miss you too Michelle! hug.gif
smoke
QUOTE(Arjuna Capulong @ Sep 15 2006, 6:02 PM) *
*Back to topic*

Indeed, indeed! I've managed to get it sorted out. Thankfully! happy.gif
marzipan
QUOTE(Arjuna Capulong @ Sep 15 2006, 5:02 PM) *
*Back to topic*

It sure does. sad.gif

Thank god for weekends. -_-
gelionie
Not sure what exactly happened...
but I hope all those who stepped down can really do better in their real life duties and hopefully come more on cB during their free time! happy.gif
yrrnotelekktric
^ ya, i agree.
QUOTE(Statues/Shadows @ Sep 15 2006, 11:15 AM) *
Plus, James is right; Mona is useless.

Mona is NOT useless. hammer.gif
Azarel
Hardly even noticable, but uhh.. moorepocket -> moorepocket*

< anal retentive.
Smoogrish
Wait a second. This is probably considered off-topic, but why exactly is Kathleen not a mod anymore? sad.gif I thought she was doing a great job.
smoke
^ Indeed she was but she broke a rule that caused her to be demoted. She is missed on the staff though. sad.gif I know I miss her.
This Confession
What about Ryan? [moorepocket]

Hes goes to blogger and since blogger isn't all that active there isn't much he can do, He does sign on everyday. So its not like hes inactive.
Statues/Shadows
QUOTE(Smoogrish @ Sep 23 2006, 6:50 PM) *
Wait a second. This is probably considered off-topic, but why exactly is Kathleen not a mod anymore? sad.gif I thought she was doing a great job.

Right, so I stand by my previous comment about Mona's uselessness.
This Confession
^Did you fail to read what Breden said?

She broke a rule, which led her to be demoted. Mona didn't only decide to demod her, so don't just hold it against Mona, there are other admin/head staff.
Statues/Shadows
Yes, but I chose not to care. And I honestly, if you (and Sammi, for that matter) think we're saying things about Mona based sheerly on this issue, you are completely off base.

And I'd like to think that there'd be more taking into consideration as to whether or not Kathleen could remain a mod than simply breaking a rule; there are plenty of people who do nothing blatantly wrong who are just shitty mods in general. Out of those two, who should remain? I'd say the one who actually mods well. And no, before you go there, I'm not merely saying this because I like Kathleen. She is genuinely a good moderator, hence that she used to be an admin. If a broken rule doesn't have any direct or major influence on anything, it should not be able to outbalance the positives.
digital.fragrance
^ You have no idea what the rule was. If you do, you would most definitely understand. We all miss her on staff (I throb.gif Kathleen), but it had to be done.

Just please people.... put some trust in us once in a while.
Zatanna
*sigh* Actually, she's pretty well aware of the rule (she is a former staffer).

Also, many of the mods with activity issues have been either talked to or have stepped down.

As for "shitty mods", I think the opinion(s) are pretty subjective at this point.

Again, all we can do is our best: Try to be active, try to make good decisions and try to contribute what we can to cB.
I Shot JFK
Rachael, considering that the reason that NICKI is no longer on staff is for a very similar reason involving many of the same people, and also given that she is good friends with me, who knows EXACTLY the process which led to her being demoted, i wouldn't particularly question her knowledge of the subject.

and to answer holly's question, if there is no activity in blogger, there is no need for blogger staff, active or not (and look at hi sppd anyway). let the desing staff deal with it, and get rid of the staff you dont need
This Confession
Yea but I don't think anyone on design staff knows a lot of about blogger staff? I may be wrong? I don't really know. I would know something about it but blogger doesn't work on my computer.

I think its fine to have ryan on staff, we have discussed about his ppd and stuff like that, but questions do go through blogger every now and again that need to be answered in which he does answer. And we do still recienve layouts for blogger.

Look guys, Kathleen not being on staff. I pretty positive she understood what she did and knew the consquences. I don't really know if that is true, but I don't think shes really being a sore loser for not being on staff anymore, atleast I haven't seen it. Yes, I know she may be a good mod, since she is a former admin and everything. Although people can change and with her formally being in those positions she would clearly know all the rules, so if she were to break one she knows whats going to happen if everyone finds out.

Saying that Mona is a bad mod because of people getting demoted isn't right at all either. Mona isn't the one that makes every little decision she has help from others at making the big decisions. I mean if Kathleen is upset about being demoted for what she did, then she needs to speak up.

Rachael - Just please people.... put some trust in us once in a while.

Honestly, at this rate. I don't think its going to happen. Things have happened in the past that have made people just turn their heads at us because they simply didn't agree. Look, its the internet. You don't know how people are reacting to things and everyones opinions are different, we can just consider everyones in to every decision it would be a waste of time and it would end up leading to some big argument. So trusting the mods decision to make the community better would be the best thing to do, but most people are controlling people and can't stand it.
I Shot JFK
*eyeroll*

for the last time. the mona complaints ARE NOT stemming from the kathleen thing. apparently, even though we have said it several times, no one has picked up on that.

So trusting the mods decision to make the community better would be the best thing to do, but most people are controlling people and can't stand it.

well, it would be the best thing to do if we could garuntee 100% that they were doing it right. as we CANT do that, the BEST thing to do is to keep questioning them. that is glaringly obvious.
smoke
QUOTE(This Confession @ Sep 24 2006, 3:10 PM) *
Yea but I don't think anyone on design staff knows a lot of about blogger staff? I may be wrong? I don't really know. I would know something about it but blogger doesn't work on my computer.

I think its fine to have ryan on staff, we have discussed about his ppd and stuff like that, but questions do go through blogger every now and again that need to be answered in which he does answer. And we do still recienve layouts for blogger.
Look guys, Kathleen not being on staff. I pretty positive she understood what she did and knew the consquences. I don't really know if that is true, but I don't think shes really being a sore loser for not being on staff anymore, atleast I haven't seen it. Yes, I know she may be a good mod, since she is a former admin and everything. Although people can change and with her formally being in those positions she would clearly know all the rules, so if she were to break one she knows whats going to happen if everyone finds out.

Saying that Mona is a bad mod because of people getting demoted isn't right at all either. Mona isn't the one that makes every little decision she has help from others at making the big decisions. I mean if Kathleen is upset about being demoted for what she did, then she needs to speak up.
Rachael - Just please people.... put some trust in us once in a while.

Honestly, at this rate. I don't think its going to happen. Things have happened in the past that have made people just turn their heads at us because they simply didn't agree. Look, its the internet. You don't know how people are reacting to things and everyones opinions are different, we can just consider everyones in to every decision it would be a waste of time and it would end up leading to some big argument. So trusting the mods decision to make the community better would be the best thing to do, but most people are controlling people and can't stand it.

To add to that, I talked to Kathleen about it on the phone the night it happened and she knew what she was getting into and she seemed fine with being demoted. She admitted to doing it so others wouldn't get punished for her wrong doing. She knew that she would get demoted and even so she still admitted it, which is honorable to say the least. Kathleen has a good head on her shoulders and I believe she's at peace with the decision. I know if Kathleen was an admin, she would have to do the same thing to anyone else who broke the same rule. I remember when she and I discussed how everyone should be treated equally. With that being said, I think she knows it was the right decision.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.