Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OMFG! Panic! won....
Forums > Community Center > Music
soo x nyc x
won the video of the year!!! i was soo suprised
think!IMAGINARILY
Eww.
I don't like P!ATD. Not anymore.. They got too mainstream too fast..

But yeah. I'm suprised too.
Zatanna
How are you surprised? They're everywhere. rolleyes.gif

I feel like I'm the only one on this friggin planet who doesn't own anything by them and who doesn't think that they're even worth the $5.00 Ikea chair I'm sitting on right now.
StanleyThePanda
Laaaaame. _dry.gif
hahaha I dont understand how this comes as a surprise. but okay.
I still find it lame.
think!IMAGINARILY
QUOTE(Zatanna @ Sep 1 2006, 11:36 AM) *

I feel like I'm the only one on this friggin planet who doesn't own anything by them and who doesn't think that they're even worth the $5.00 Ikea chair I'm sitting on right now.

I didn't like their music video.

I bet they're gonna turn into the next Blink 182 and sell out.
starlette
I was glad they won but suprised they didn't win best new artist. I was pretty sure that was in the bag. But hey I'm happy for them. Tehy make good music and I enjoy it. Thats all I need. f**k I don't care if they sell out. I know I'm going to hahahaha.
iDecay
QUOTE(Zatanna @ Sep 1 2006, 8:36 AM) *

Hahaha. You're not the only one! XD.gif *points at self*

Eh, it's MTV. What do you expect? That's one reason why I didn't watch the VMA's. I was afraid I would burst out laughing. whistling.gif
bballchick1
Eww.

^ I'm confused..you don't like P!ATD anymore because they're popular now?

I honestly don't care that they're mainstream - that just means they have more fans. ermm.gif

I like them, and they deserved to win. As J'anelle said, they should've won Best New Artist, (aka, another way for me to see Brendon's hott face kiss.gif), but it's okay. They're great anyway. _smile.gif
ST3PHANIE
I hate P!ATD. Fall out boy is more me.
joiedevie
i can't believe they won.

but then again, looking at all the categories and nominees, it was pretty much the same videos over and over.
starlette
QUOTE(rawr SOCK @ Sep 1 2006, 8:37 AM) *
Eww.

This is a really stupid statement tome.

The music hasnt changed. The music is exactly the same. If you liked it and thought it was good are you suprised when others did as well? I would get it if you were like oh when they made their first album tehy were good but then they got famous and their second album was mainstream garbage, because then there is a quality change. But its not like they pulled and usher and made an album then when they realised people liked them they added 3 songs and rereleased the same album. That would make me not like them too. But seriously...the music hasnt changed. Its the same as it was before they were on trl etc. If anything don't hate the music hate the fans haha.
bballchick1

The music hasnt changed. The music is exactly the same. If you liked it and thought it was good are you suprised when others did as well? I would get it if you were like oh when they made their first album tehy were good but then they got famous and their second album was mainstream garbage, because then there is a quality change. But its not like they pulled and usher and made an album then when they realised people liked them they added 3 songs and rereleased the same album. That would make me not like them too. But seriously...the music hasnt changed. Its the same as it was before they were on trl etc. If anything don't hate the music hate the fans haha.

^ Yeah, that was exactly what I was trying to say.

It doesn't make sense to me that somebody doesn't like an artist or band just because they get more fans...ermm.gif
yrrnotelekktric
they one because they own. thumbsup.gif
technicolour
COMMUNISTS!

I swear. MTV. They're communists. They totally have an agenda. Record companies..if they put enough mulah into the MTV executives then psh, you could probably get a two year old to win something.
clarity
QUOTE(rawr SOCK @ Sep 1 2006, 9:37 AM) *
Eww.

for those of you who don't understand/think this statement is stupid..
I feel the same way.

Except, I still love them.
I think she means by since they got famous with MTV(which is crap) its attracted alot of fake fans, which sometimes takes the fun out of the music since you'll see these ghetto girls down the street who usually diss that kind of music singing it without the correct lyrics.

Thats how I see it as.
Then again, I've been a fan from the begining. (When Ryan only had lyrics down)
RxCore
QUOTE(Quarantine. @ Sep 1 2006, 10:48 PM) *
for those of you who don't understand/think this statement is stupid..
I feel the same way.

Except, I still love them.
I think she means by since they got famous with MTV(which is crap) its attacted alot of fake fans, which sometimes takes the fun out of the music since you'll see these ghetto girls down the street who usually diss that kind of music singing it without the correct lyrics.

Thats how I see it as.
Then again, I've been a fan from the beginging. (When Ryan only had lyrics down)

This is true with a lot of bands that "go mainstream" I would have to agree with you 100% about that. No one has ever explained the feeling as well as you have and i have to thank you for that. flowers.gif

I wasn't surprised. I may not have necessarily wanted them to win, but I wasnt surprised when they did. I know it's fan voted, but Panic! really does kind of sum up the year, since the "punk" genre (i use this term highly loosely, its simply for lack of a less general word) blew up incredibly HUGE this year. So it makes sense to me.

but honestly, i didn't care as long as AAR took home an award, which they did!
soo x nyc x
the only reason im suprised is because they like beat madonna (sp?) and shakira and panic! at the disco are new comers
I Shot JFK
QUOTE(starlette @ Sep 1 2006, 8:59 PM) *

worthy.gif

people who dislike bands based purely on their popularity level should be shot, and buried in the most mainstream mass grave available.

so there.
clarity
QUOTE(soo x nyc x @ Sep 2 2006, 9:27 AM) *
the only reason im suprised is because they like beat madonna (sp?) and shakira and panic! at the disco are new comers

New comers? You mean to popularity, or are a new band?
Because Panic! is not new at all.
starlette
QUOTE(Quarantine. @ Sep 2 2006, 3:04 PM) *
New comers? You mean to popularity, or are a new band?
Because Panic! is not new at all.

seriously? I mean seriously. Tehy are new. Theyve been making music for two years. Seriously. theyve had a record deal for about 1 year. Thats new. Madonna has been around for 20 some odd years, shakira has been around for about 10 years. 2 years. 10 years. I mean, 10 years ago panic was 9 f**king years old. Please try again.
RxCore
i think they deserved it though. video of the year is supposed to reflect the music trend of the year, and who best demonstrated it than panic?
clarity
QUOTE(starlette @ Sep 2 2006, 4:50 PM) *
seriously? I mean seriously. Tehy are new. Theyve been making music for two years. Seriously. theyve had a record deal for about 1 year. Thats new. Madonna has been around for 20 some odd years, shakira has been around for about 10 years. 2 years. 10 years. I mean, 10 years ago panic was 9 f**king years old. Please try again.

Ten years ago Ryan was ten.
But they've been making music for a while.
pinch.gif Trust me I would know this.
This Confession
Hah, I didn't know that.

Thank you for telling me XD.gif

I don't know who won what at all, does anyone know where a list for all the rewards ame out to and such?

blink.gif did that even make sense.
My Cinderella.
He sounds so different live.
soo x nyc x
QUOTE(My Cinderella. @ Sep 3 2006, 12:35 AM) *
He sounds so different live.

yeah i know. he does. i think he was scared or something liek that
nopattern
kind of a surprise to me since this was their first vmas. the video was good, but i really think dani california should have gotten it instead.
slipper
I thought their performance was bad. I too was surprised they won, I don't like their music. Did they cry when they announced they won, like that Yellowcard front man did the time they won? I didn't get to watch it that far, I always got bored and change the channel everytime I get the chance to watch the '06 VMA's. But anyway, good for them though, it's their first time at the VMA's right? It seemed like the underdogs won this year. Like James Blunt (Best Male Video) & Avenged Sevenfold. Oh yah, & I'm glad James Blunt won the Best Male Video, & how Lil Kim presented his name, I thought that was cute.
starlette
QUOTE(Quarantine. @ Sep 2 2006, 11:15 PM) *
Ten years ago Ryan was ten.
But they've been making music for a while.
pinch.gif Trust me I would know this.

well ive been making msuic for like...over 6 years now, and if I had just released my first album, i would be considered new. and u have to think, pretty much everyone, except manufactured artists were making music years before they hit mainstream. so add 5 years to everyones experience and they are STILL new.
think!IMAGINARILY
QUOTE(bballchick1 @ Sep 1 2006, 3:28 PM) *
^ I'm confused..you don't like P!ATD anymore because they're popular now?

I honestly don't care that they're mainstream - that just means they have more fans. ermm.gif

I don't like mainstream bands. AT ALL.
I don't like the fact that they have more fans.

I used to love P!ATD earlier last year, before they came out with the album.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.