Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Panic! At The Disco Frontman Bottled Onstage
Forums > Community Center > Music
ZOMBIE.
“Panic! at the Disco’s frontman Brendon Urie was hit by a bottle seconds into his band’s set on the Main Stage at the Carling Weekend: Reading Festival this afternoon (August 25).

Playing opening song ‘The Only Difference Between Suicide And Martyrdom Is Press Coverage’, the singer was struck in the face by a missle thrown from the crowd.

Urie immediately collapsed to the floor, forcing his group to stop the song.

The singer was then surrounded by his bandmates and roadies for several minutes before he managed to get back to his feet.

“You can’t take me out,” Urie shouted to the crowd, before adding “Lets see how well you guys do with my left side.”

Panic! at the Disco then continued their set, picking up the opener at the exact point where they had suddenly stopped.

The rest of the group’s set passed more sedately including the likes of ‘I Write Sins Not Tragedies’, ‘Camisado’ and Radiohead cover ‘Karma Police’.”

taken from ryanross.org
---
I don't mean to be mean or anything but...HAHAHAHAHAHAH
goodcharlotte
QUOTE(CLYDE @ Aug 30 2006, 3:05 AM) *
What? HAHAHAHH.

So he collapsed after getting hit by a BOTTLE?! WTF.
How weak is he? _dry.gif

That's lame. I dislike P!ATD.

Me too. _dry.gif

How can you collapse from getting hit by a bottle? I'm sure it wasn't enought to make him stay on the floor for several minutes. What a weakling... tongue.gif
disco infiltrator
They picked up right where they left off cause the only pretend to play their instruments live...
bballchick1
Whaaat....? All this negativity??

I like Brendon Urie....he's a hottie. shifty.gif
soEXCLUSIVE
I like Panic!. I have a friend whose obsessed with them though, she had a picture of Brendon after he was hit.

Was it a glass bottle or a plastic one or what, though?
tooeffingcrazy
QUOTE(CLYDE @ Aug 30 2006, 2:05 AM) *
What? HAHAHAHH.

So he collapsed after getting hit by a BOTTLE?! WTF.
How weak is he? _dry.gif

That's lame. I dislike P!ATD.

It could've been glass, or it could've been filled. Either way, it'll hurt.
I don't think an empty plastic bottle would do much damage.
mocassinsx29
yeah plastic bottles don't bruise. i don't like patd either but ow.
think!IMAGINARILY
QUOTE(tooeffingcrazy @ Aug 30 2006, 12:40 PM) *

Plastic bottles can't really fly either. Unless filled. But the liquid would have to be really dense to do that much damage. Unless there was a rock inside.
goodcharlotte
QUOTE(rawr SOCK @ Aug 30 2006, 4:55 PM) *
Plastic bottles can't really fly either.

Very true. thumbsup.gif
Kathleen
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. All I have to say (aside from laughing nonstop) is that.. that had to suck. XD.gif
hi-C
It's on YouTube for those that are interested: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=panic+bottle
ZOMBIE.
Oh wow thanks Madame C. I had to replay the videos a couple of times just too see the bottle. pinch.gif
starlette
hahahah i heard abotu that. I hate to laugh cuz i really do like panic! at the disco (and to whoever said it, they do play live now, no longer to tapes, just so ya know) but dang. I mean who throws a bottle? Honestly. and I imagine it was a beer bottle or some sort pobably made of glass. I'm sure that venue is gonna ban glass containers from now on. I still cant help but laugh. And i love Brendon Urie, I would definately do him, but still. I hope no one ever throws a bottle at me when im performing.

edit okay i actually watched and i feel bad for laughing. thats not very nice. You shouldn't throw things at people :(
StanleyThePanda
QUOTE(disco infiltrator @ Aug 30 2006, 8:10 AM) *
They picked up right where they left off cause the only pretend to play their instruments live...

Brendan doesnt play an instrument though. hahaha but yeah.

QUOTE(tooeffingcrazy @ Aug 30 2006, 12:40 PM) *

Who said it was empty?
What if it was a plastic bottle full of water.. or something? haha idk.

Anyways, that is freaking hilarious, I laughed when I read it. laugh.gif
ryfitaDF
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxS_lLGQ2KE

that brenden euri sure is a talented guy. still singing after he's incompasitated.
bballchick1
Okay, I'm kind of confused.

I love Brendon Urie (he's a hottie, as I said above XD.gif ), and I love P!ATD, but, I just watched the video on YouTube, and wasn't he hit in the shoulder?? That's what it looked like to me.

But then, he has a bruise on his eye...I'm sooo confused! pinch.gif
ryfitaDF
^he's holding his eye as he colapses.
bballchick1
^he's holding his eye as he colapses.

^ It looks like he's holding his shoulder to me..

I think maybe he hurt his eye when he fell or something, because it looks like the bottle hit his shoulder. ermm.gif
juliar
I read somewhere it was a full sprite bottle.

:)
think!IMAGINARILY
QUOTE(juliar @ Aug 31 2006, 12:42 PM) *
I read somewhere it was a full sprite bottle.

:)

Oh, now that's sad..
Y'know. He probably got makeup artists to do it..
I Shot JFK
guys, it was the Reading festival. the bottle was probably full of piss.

I was supposed to be there, and im still sulky that i missed it.

ah well. Reading is a bottlefest every year. shame it wasnt wentz.
Statues/Shadows
It was full of urine.

I read Stereogum.

And I'm with you on the Wentz bit. With him, I actually wouldn't feel the least bit sympathetic.
I Shot JFK
oh, i thought it would be.
starlette
QUOTE(ryfitaDF @ Aug 31 2006, 11:17 AM) *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxS_lLGQ2KE

that brenden euri sure is a talented guy. still singing after he's incompasitated.

actually the sound in that video if off. the only reason I know is I know the song and the sound is a bit delayed. Besides, as much as I love Brendon Urie, he sounded like shit in that clip compared to how he usually sounds and if he was singing to a tape it would have sounded perfect.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.