Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hana Yori Dango
Forums > Community Center > Interests > Anime
Naomitron
Has anyone else read this story? It's a series of epic proportions at 36 volumes, but it's fantastic. It's strange because you'd think that you would get bored with it after a while, but I didn't. Not once. As a matter of fact, it kept me up until six in the morning! ohmy.gif

There is so much to this story that I don't even know where to begin to tell you about it, so instead I'll post a Wikipedia link! YAY!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hana_Yori_Dango
smrkangl
I looooooveeee HYD!
At first, I thought it would be boring, but I was hooked! I got really really hooked when Doumyouji started falling for Makino! =) You should watch the jdorama of HYD - it's awesome! Another recommendation would be Meteor Garden (Taiwanese version)! thumbsup.gif

F4 ROCKS! =D
Naomitron
I've seen the drama! OMG. I love it. It's amazing. Matsumoto Jun is a dream. I love how he portrays Doumyouji. He really becomes Tsukasa.

I heard Meteor Garden was chock-full of crappy acting. Is that true?

dribble.gif
pbear
the acting in MG's definitely not anything awardwinning, but the HYD-based storyline is as cute as ever. and the guys are not bad looking either. (;
Naomitron
SEQUEL SEQUEL SEQUEL!

Has anyone heard any news about the sequel? All I know is that it's airing in Japan, January '07. I need some details, though. If you have any, please share.

hug.gif
SylverLunarSweetie
all i know is that the actors are gonna be the same, which is a very good thing. =) it'd just be awkward if there were different actors playing the characters we're familiar with. *nod*

(if that made any sense)

well, anyways, i can't wait!!!
SylverLunarSweetie
*starts having a spaz attack*

oh my gooooooood...they were filming in new york in november... dribble.gif

aah...can't wait for the second season!!!!!!!!!!!

(o.o; technical double post)
Naomitron
Yeah! I'm part of an ML on Yahoo where they dish out all sorts of news on HYD2. I've seen tons of pictures. OMG. I'm so excited for the new season!
SylverLunarSweetie
so, i just got the first two volumes of HYD from the library, and i'm VERY excited. XD

...even if i already watched the drama.

they didn't have volume 3, so i didn't want to get volume 4 without reading 3 first. =þ
Naomitron
^ You should download the scanlations. They've already completed the series.
splitnightsky
yaay!
I watched the anime on this, and it was awesome!
"Stepping out..." hehe I love that!
I'd recommend it, of course!
tokyo-rose
I went to Kismet (the manga store in my neighborhood) yesterday and saw about 20-something volumes of this series. I think they just got them in, because they definitely weren't there when I went a few days ago.

And yes, F4 is loveee. Vanness Wu is mine! :P
Naomitron
For anyone who's curious about what's going on with HYD2, I've got a little video clip for you here. It's an interview with the cast of HYD (in Japanese, but no worries - it's subbed).

Sub - HYD2 - 061205 PingPong.avi
Just_Dream
Please don't associate the anime with the manga. The anime was HORRIBLE. I'm sure all the HYD fans would agree as well. Have you read the manga? If not, do so and you'll see what I mean. ;]

That's like associating the KareKano anime with the manga. If you ever watch(ed) it, the first episode is the only good one. Don't even GET me started on the horrible-ness of the anime. =X

I'm actually buying some of the HYD manga. I only have a few, but I stopped because manhwas got in the way. =X

The drama (Japanese) was really good! Matsumoto Jun (I think that's howyou spell it) was amazing in it! I mean, although it was short and they cut out a lot of things that were in the manga, it was a great watch! It's good enough that I'm sure true fans of the drama who haven't read the manga will start to, despite the art.

Meteor Garden... Feh, I only watched it because I came across it before the JDrama came out. Although, the guy who acts as Rui is pretty cute, and the guy who acts as Domyouji is HOT, which kept me watched. ;] The acting wasn't that great. The only good points of it were that it followed the storyline closely and there were more episodes, but it failed to portray the intensity that the manga and JDrama possessed.

The bad thing about the manga is that not all volumes are out. I've read it all online and I plan to have all 36. :P The art gets better somewhere along vol. 18 or something -- halfway through. So DON'T LET THE ART DISCOURAGE YOU! I mean, I've actually grown to like the way it was drawn in the beginning. It's interesting. :D

Well, sayoonara. ;]
Naomitron
http://community.livejournal.com/oguri_shun/102214.html

Let the excitement build..

throb.gif
SylverLunarSweetie
aaah....they're so beautiful.. throb.gif

wheee~ 2 more days!! dance.gif
Naomitron
It aired today in Japan! OMG. I wish I could have seen it.

Nya! Fansubs is going to be working on the HYD2 project. I'm so excited! I can't wait to watch it.

btw, Oguri Shun is mega-hot in the photoshoot.
SylverLunarSweetie
yahoo.gif WHOO-HOO!!!

i'm SO excited to see it. i cannot express how excited i am. like, it's just constant dance.gif around the house at random moments. lolz
Naomitron
I watched the raw version of the premiere episode this morning. OMG. Phuong, it's amazing. With my extremely limited knowledge of the Japanese language I was able to get the gist of what was going on, and trust me. I'm already WAAAAAAAAAAY hooked. This is going to be a tumultuous season, indeed.
Just_Dream
How did it compare with the manga? So wait, there's no subtitled ones yet, right? :/

Haha i still haven't masterd Japanese yet... >_<"
SylverLunarSweetie
oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!! yahoo.gif sars-fansubs finished subbing the first episode!!! whoo-hoo!
Naomitron
I'm downloading it now. DARN DOWNTIME!!!

It's going to take me quite some time for it to finish...sad D:
SylverLunarSweetie
BUT, it'll be so worth it when you finally have it! wouldn't it be? and then, you can watch it over and over and over again. happy.gif
SylverLunarSweetie
oh wowers, that was GOOD. i especially liked the part where they were talking about F4, like describing them. hehehe
Naomitron
I have to say that the second season is just as good, if not better, than the first. Matsuda Shota (my beloved Soujirou-kun) is even more beautiful this time around.
kyarii
omo ! I LOVE HANA YORI DANGO >__<b !
yepp.. the manga is really interesting !
but the DRAMA is ADDICTING .
it's one of my fave jdoramas !
it's really really really good .
the cast is cute ^o^
hana yori dango season 1 + season 2 are both really good !
dang , i love this series xD
i can't wait for the hana yori dango finale [ movie ] to come out !
it's coming out soon this summer x]
gahhh <3
Persnickety
Hana Yori Dango is my absolute favorite JDrama made. Oguri Shun is some hot stuff dribble.gif Can't wait for the movie.
Flaunted
This is the first jdrama I actually bought in DVD form.
It is my favorite and I'm so glad they're doing a movieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Just_Dream
AHHH I can't wait for the movie to come out! :D

lol there's going to be a korean drama based off of HYD, I heard. :3 I hope this gets more people to appreciate the manga because even though the art doesn't look so great in the beginning, youko kamio improves a great deal later on. It's like when you're reading Tenshi Nanka Ja Nai by Ai Yazawa, and the art improves greatly over time as well. :D
pikachux3
Movie ?! blink.gif
I read the manga & loved it
Then I saw the chinese drama & uh... didn't like it. stubborn.gif
But I'm going to watch the japanese drama soon- which i heard was fantastic laugh.gif
Haha but I loved HYD's storyline~
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.