Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ring The Alarm
Forums > Community Center > Music
starlette
Haha okay so I just caught Beyonces brand spankin new video on yahoo and its pretty raw. Like shes mad as hell. I really like the song even tho I'm not real crazy about her cussing like that. But shes 25 I guess if I cuss worse than that then shes okay haha. anyway the song is hot anyone heard it or seen the video yet?
cassjamminx
i haven't. but i should check it out... haha i curse a lot too but eh. cursing in a song to me is pointless since it's all bleeped out. haha.
starlette
QUOTE(cassjamminx @ Aug 17 2006, 1:19 AM) *
i haven't. but i should check it out... haha i curse a lot too but eh. cursing in a song to me is pointless since it's all bleeped out. haha.

haha yeah its just hard to hear her say damn so many times and theres an implied shit in there. I've been listening to her since I was like...13. but this song is pretty cool. Its like..angry r&b lol. I agree, people that cuss excessively in songs like that one f-- what i said it dont mean sh-- now f-- that presents might as well throw em out or whatever. hated the song cuz every other word was bleeped. its like whats the point?
bballchick1
I saw this video yesterday, and I'm sorry, but her music career is OVER.

The song is crap & the video is even more..she's just not the same anymore.

I used to think she was going to be HUGE, but her comeback has made me change my mind.
no-name
Quite horrible..i must say...never did like Beyonce
starlette
QUOTE(bballchick1 @ Aug 17 2006, 9:24 AM) *
I saw this video yesterday, and I'm sorry, but her music career is OVER.

The song is crap & the video is even more..she's just not the same anymore.

I used to think she was going to be HUGE, but her comeback has made me change my mind.

See I was dissapointed with Deja Vu like none other, but I really like this song just because shes doing something different. But I think its hard for people to swallow cuz they know what they want beyonce to do. Its nice to see her doing the not sexy hootchie nice girl. And the song is real and not bullshit. But its an opinion :)

QUOTE(medicalxinjektion @ Aug 17 2006, 9:26 AM) *
Quite horrible..i must say...never did like Beyonce

well its not for people who don't like her. wink.gif
bballchick1
See I was dissapointed with Deja Vu like none other, but I really like this song just because shes doing something different. But I think its hard for people to swallow cuz they know what they want beyonce to do. Its nice to see her doing the not sexy hootchie nice girl. And the song is real and not bullshit. But its an opinion :)

Well, yeah, it's different from her Crazy In Love stuff, definitely, but that's not even the problem.

I would've been fine with some different stuff if it was actually good. Deja Vu was the first big disappointment, and to follow that up with Ring the Alarm was even more disappointing.

She's getting a lot of bad reviews right now, but, I don't know, maybe she'll come out with something amazing soon.
starlette
QUOTE(bballchick1 @ Aug 17 2006, 9:36 AM) *
Well, yeah, it's different from her Crazy In Love stuff, definitely, but that's not even the problem.

I would've been fine with some different stuff if it was actually good. Deja Vu was the first big disappointment, and to follow that up with Ring the Alarm was even more disappointing.

She's getting a lot of bad reviews right now, but, I don't know, maybe she'll come out with something amazing soon.

Yeah I got you. I really love Ring the alarm tho lol. but hey. Oh did I tell you I really like ur icon? I really like your icon. haha. But back to beyonce, I think she rushed thru this album and I'm afraid its gonna show. I mean she threw it together in 2 weeks and didnt tell anybody. But I like that shes doing something different. Different doesnt always work but I personally hate Crazy in Love with a passion. But I think this album is going to be good for her long term fans more than your average person because I'm thinkin it won't have a lot of crossover potential like her other music including DC3 and I also think its a big experiment cuz Jay-Z is managing her now is he not? so its like a totally different Beyonce and annoys me just cuz I dont like jay z. *sigh* Anyway. It will be interesting but I'll buy the album. I just hope she has a good ballad to float on cuz I do think she will need it. thats what most people want from Beyonce and if they don't get that they just won't buy.
Zatanna
I just watched the video and my goodness, she's really really angry. laugh.gif I haven't really followed her career much in all honesty, but for some reason I keep thinking she was this celebrity that always had some type of smile on her face.

Either way, the song isn't doing much for me but that's not saying much as I don't listen to Beyonce really.

She looks great though.
bballchick1
Yeah I got you. I really love Ring the alarm tho lol. but hey. Oh did I tell you I really like ur icon? I really like your icon. haha. But back to beyonce, I think she rushed thru this album and I'm afraid its gonna show. I mean she threw it together in 2 weeks and didnt tell anybody. But I like that shes doing something different. Different doesnt always work but I personally hate Crazy in Love with a passion. But I think this album is going to be good for her long term fans more than your average person because I'm thinkin it won't have a lot of crossover potential like her other music including DC3 and I also think its a big experiment cuz Jay-Z is managing her now is he not? so its like a totally different Beyonce and annoys me just cuz I dont like jay z. *sigh* Anyway. It will be interesting but I'll buy the album. I just hope she has a good ballad to float on cuz I do think she will need it. thats what most people want from Beyonce and if they don't get that they just won't buy.

Haha, thanks for the comment!

Anyways, I didn't know she did that album in 2 weeks..it shows though. You can really tell that there was some Jay-Z influence on the stuff though - I personally think that he's ruining her career. I think they're great as a couple and everything, but I think that he should stay out of her career.

I honestly think that there might be a bit of sabotage in there somewhere, because I mean, he manages Rihanna as well I'm pretty sure, and there are so many similarities now between Rihanna and Beyonce, and I think that he's trying to maybe get Rihanna to be even bigger than Beyonce.

She definitely needs a ballad! I agree with you about how people won't buy the cd without one. I think that Beyonce tried to go a different route too early.
HakunaMatata
Well, she doesn't cuss that much, and the word "damn" isn't bleeped out, so it's okay. I do like the song, and that is one FRIGGING EMOTIONAL video. Seriously. I was insanely dissapointed with Deja Vu. I mean seriously? SERIOUSLY? Geez. And she definitely needs that ballad.
starlette
QUOTE(bballchick1 @ Aug 17 2006, 9:58 AM) *
Haha, thanks for the comment!

Anyways, I didn't know she did that album in 2 weeks..it shows though. You can really tell that there was some Jay-Z influence on the stuff though - I personally think that he's ruining her career. I think they're great as a couple and everything, but I think that he should stay out of her career.

I honestly think that there might be a bit of sabotage in there somewhere, because I mean, he manages Rihanna as well I'm pretty sure, and there are so many similarities now between Rihanna and Beyonce, and I think that he's trying to maybe get Rihanna to be even bigger than Beyonce.

She definitely needs a ballad! I agree with you about how people won't buy the cd without one. I think that Beyonce tried to go a different route too early.

totally agree. I think Jay-z should go away. They can do whatever in private time but shes in her prime and if she screws up now shes gonna have a hard time recovering. But there is a definate distinct difference from old and new Beyonce. and I also agree the different style is a little too soon. Like people don't really know who Beyonce on her own is yet and this is straight thowing people off. and music hasnt quite morphed in teh direction shes going and sure its good to be ahead of the pack and I totally respect that, but too different and people turn it off.

QUOTE(kayceeisms @ Aug 17 2006, 11:01 AM) *
Well, she doesn't cuss that much, and the word "damn" isn't bleeped out, so it's okay. I do like the song, and that is one FRIGGING EMOTIONAL video. Seriously. I was insanely dissapointed with Deja Vu. I mean seriously? SERIOUSLY? Geez. And she definitely needs that ballad.

UGH deja vu come On. whack whack whack. Lol. Yeah that video is emotional. Theres no denying she can act, whether or not she does it well in film is one thing, but in that video she had me hyped i wanted to burn someones house down lol. *corsses fingers for knockout ballad* Its so hard tho cuz how will she top dangerously in love? I dunno...
bballchick1
UGH deja vu come On. whack whack whack. Lol. Yeah that video is emotional. Theres no denying she can act, whether or not she does it well in film is one thing, but in that video she had me hyped i wanted to burn someones house down lol. *corsses fingers for knockout ballad* Its so hard tho cuz how will she top dangerously in love? I dunno...

Deja Vu was SOOOOO disappointing. That just adds to my disappointment in the Ring the Alarm I think. That's the thing that makes having a really big debut kind of hard - it's hard to top..
Nymphetamine
It's better than Déjà vu.
bballchick1
It's better than Déjà vu.

^ I guess..but I still don't like either song.
cassjamminx
i've only heard snippets of deju vu and i caught like the last 15 seconds of the video. her dancing now doesn't seem pleasant to wacth to me anymore pinch.gif i've yet to hear this song you talk about that... *goes to iTunes*
femmefatale4160
Hey, at least she's still hot.

It's better than Deja Vu, I'll give ya that.
xquizit
I do not like this song AT ALL. I'm disappointed. I hope there are better songs on the album. Deja Vu was great.
I Shot JFK
meh. its ok.

at least its better than the repulsive screeching noises she made on deja vu. that song was vile.
femmefatale4160
^I concur.
PrincessAda
I`ve seen it.
When I first heard it..I was like woah? beyonce gone mad.
I love it though.
bobby james
It's better than De Ja crap so I think I appreciate it more, what I don't appreciate is this "crazy woman" facade that is going on, actually, I'm starting to think it's not just some facade, that she is really going coo coo. I just hope in a couple of years we are not hearing some crucial stuff about Beyonce and she comes back to sanity.

The video actually had a point to it, it was cool. Now the song is another story, the song is the shit. Man. But the only thing about this whole Beyonce era is that, her music this year does not appeal to EVERYBODY, or should I say it was more easier for different kinds of people to listen and appreciate without being weirded out or unsatisfied than now.
iDecay
So, I just saw the video. Quite disapointing. I exited after less than a minute and a half. mellow.gif
Gypsy Eyes
It's not the best song, she needs more that show off her amazing vocal range but damn she can act.
SarahxJoy
I've heard the song and seen the video. I love it all. I like how she changes what she does and how open she is in this song. It's a whole new direction for her and I quite like it. _smile.gif
starlette
Yeah well she just killed the song at the vmas. It was better live than in the video. this song is sooo hawt (to me) I just love it. I'm so excited for her. And I think it will take time but people are gonna appreciate that shes beign honest. Not a lot of pop and r&b music is honest. Its cheesy and preformulated. And shes sitting here speakin the truth. And bringing the energy. YAY!!!!!
pandamonium
the video is very crazy. but its beyonce shes good no matter what and she gets better with time lol. shes awesome. i am watching the VMAs and her performance made me love the song much better than i did. her performace was AWESOME.
iROCKYOURSOCKS
I saw this video yesterday, and I\'m sorry, but her music career is OVER.

The song is crap & the video is even more..she\'s just not the same anymore.

GAH!! i totally agree! i was a total fan of Beyonce but now shes like BLAH! the last songs i have heard were like _unsure.gif my total reaction was grab the remote and change the channel.

Beyonce\'s carrer is starting to strugle with all these new singers comming out and i have to admit that Rhiana and Beyonce are similiar in many ways. I heard that Beyonce was even jealous that Jay-Z was spending so much time workin with Rhiana and her music. Beyonce needs a total makeover to get people to notice her shes doing the same dances, same songs, its like old now.
Kathleen
It looked like she was trying too hard to be.. well, hard, in her video. laugh.gif I mean.. I like her when she's girly and pretty and cute. _smile.gif And when her songs are better. sad.gif
soEXCLUSIVE
I agree, the song was way cooler live. But I never really liked the song, the whole "angry" thing just irritated me for some reason. >.> I was never much of a Beyonce fan at the beginning, though I thought she was okay..
joiedevie
i don't like this song. the screaming? yuck.
Gypsy Eyes
This song has grown on me. Does anyone else think that it's about Rihanna?
joiedevie
QUOTE(Gypsy Eyes @ Sep 21 2006, 6:28 PM) *
This song has grown on me. Does anyone else think that it's about Rihanna?

now that i think about it, the lyrics are fitting with the rumors about jay z and rihanna.
Trinie
omg i love the song and the video!! its hottt!!! but i honestly didnt really like deja vu. yes and she is stillhot!
Funkadelic Kiss
It's like that Gwen Stefani/No Doubt video, argh I forgot the name. But yeah, video is boring actually its pretty damn amusing.
My Cinderella.
It's pretty addicting. I took a look at the lyrics, and after taking out the curses, I can relate.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.