Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: the shins
Forums > Community Center > Music
Frizzank
This is a band that has somehow stayed out of the mainstream for sometime and is starting to bring its way out of the whole indie scene and come forth into the ears of most anyone.

They were featured on the Garden State soundtrack and have released 2 CDs and a couple EPs, I think.

So, check them out.

http://www.myspace.com/theshins

Enjoy it.
:)
Statues/Shadows
Ugh, don't link to myspace pages for bands. Especially not good bands, on actual labels.
The Shins are NOT a "myspace band." Erggggh.

They're even listing myspace pages as official movie sites on commercials now! I hate it!!

Here: http://www.theshins.com/
disco infiltrator
I love the Shins; I'll always love the Shins.
I Shot JFK
Get Nicki with her righteous music anger!

lol.

I am a mild shins fan... i have chutes too narrow, and listen occasionally. i seem to always be surprised by how much that cd cheers me up... i really ought to listen to them more often.
Statues/Shadows
Get Oh, Inverted World. I command you.
Frizzank
QUOTE(Statues/Shadows @ Aug 12 2006, 1:28 PM) *
Ugh, don't link to myspace pages for bands. Especially not good bands, on actual labels.
The Shins are NOT a "myspace band." Erggggh.

They're even listing myspace pages as official movie sites on commercials now! I hate it!!

Here: http://www.theshins.com/

"Get Oh, Inverted World. I command you."

You cannot forget to get chutes too narrow.

(I linked to their myspace because its one of the easiest ways to get information about them and listen to their music. Plus myspace is basically a new medium, however terrible that is.)
I Shot JFK
well, i have that one.

which is why she ordered me to get the other one.

perfectly straightforward if you read the posts.
Frizzank
QUOTE(I Shot JFK @ Aug 12 2006, 3:49 PM) *
well, i have that one.

which is why she ordered me to get the other one.

perfectly straightforward if you read the posts.

Dont let yourself feel too special, I was saying that to everyone.
I Shot JFK
I always feel special. It's nothing new.

oh, and how is clicking a link to myspace 'easier' than clicking a link to their website? huh.gif
Statues/Shadows
But why would you have said that to everyone? It makes no sense. I was talking to james. Plus, regardless, Chutes Too Narrow would have already been mentioned, making what you said just redundant.

And if myspace "basically a new medium, however terrible that is," why do you buy into it? Plus, myspace must not be so great, or USAToday wouldn't already be writing articles on how myspace is dying.

It is absolutely not the easiest way to get information. Pages load slowly, pages are incredibly disorganized because their layout is absolute shit, music does not play well, it's hard to find anything useful usng their search engines (whereas google doesn't fail), and the address is much longer than THESHINS.COM. I mean really, could anything be more obvious? Don't give me your crap excuses. Irksome creature. stubborn.gif
M!ssMurd3r
awww...well im totally adding them to my myspace...i loved garden state...that was an effing awesome movie! sooo sweet
Statues/Shadows
You're on my list of people who aren't allowed to breed.
Frizzank
QUOTE(Statues/Shadows @ Aug 12 2006, 6:17 PM) *
But why would you have said that to everyone? It makes no sense. I was talking to james. Plus, regardless, Chutes Too Narrow would have already been mentioned, making what you said just redundant.

And if myspace "basically a new medium, however terrible that is," why do you buy into it? Plus, myspace must not be so great, or USAToday wouldn't already be writing articles on how myspace is dying.

It is absolutely not the easiest way to get information. Pages load slowly, pages are incredibly disorganized because their layout is absolute shit, music does not play well, it's hard to find anything useful usng their search engines (whereas google doesn't fail), and the address is much longer than THESHINS.COM. I mean really, could anything be more obvious? Don't give me your crap excuses. Irksome creature. stubborn.gif

If you think myspace is 'dying'
Check out the official statistics at alexa.com

Honestly, I dont see why you are all over my case, I made a post about the shins, i made a mistake.
Do you get your post count up by correcting everyone and making saracastic remarks in an attempt to gain 'respect' on a blogging forum?
I come here, occasionally when I feel like talking about something, and it just bothers me that people like you still exist. I dont mean to come off as an a-hole, Im not a mean guy. It just sort of offends me that I come here and try and add to the value of the CB community and I get attacked.
I Shot JFK
She didnt say that she thought it. She said that USAToday thought it.

and lol. the 'you want posts and therefore respect' argument... it has been so long since i've seen that, it's almost cute... almost.

but no... i think you need look no further than natural beligerance, kiddo.
disco infiltrator
Hey guys, stop fighting. Talk more about the Shins. :)
shannonx1
yes, i've already heard them before. and yes, i like them.
I Shot JFK
I'm not fighting... I'm just being myself, which, fo rsome unfathomable reason, people sometimes disapprove of... sad, really. I'm so misunderstood.

= (

And I just listened to Know Your Onion... many hearts
Frizzank
QUOTE(disco infiltrator @ Aug 13 2006, 4:19 PM) *
Hey guys, stop fighting. Talk more about the Shins. :)

Has anyone heard the cover of We Will Become Sillouhettes?
StanleyThePanda
Yes, the Shins are amazing. throb.gif I love them.
Saeglopur
QUOTE(Frizzank @ Aug 14 2006, 1:14 PM) *
Has anyone heard the cover of We Will Become Sillouhettes?

Yeah! I think actually sometimes I like it better than the original. Is that odd? Haha.
xlilaznchickx
ooo..i love the shins...
colleen92
the shins are my lovers. all of them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.