Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Goo Goo Dolls/Counting Crows Concery
Forums > Community Center > Music
femmefatale4160
So on Monday I say the Dolls and the Crows live in concert. If you don't like them, I don't wanna hear it. Don't come in here and tell me how bad they are, how my taste in music sucks, etc. I like them and that's that.

But for those of you who are fans...it was GREAT. At least...the Goo Goo Dolls were. Adam was in one of his philosophical moods, and I think he was high during the performance. But both bands still rock.
mzkandi
Moved to Entertainment
technicolour
Okay. Now i'm just jealous.

I am madly in love with Goo Goo Dolls. MADLY!!!
femmefatale4160
Aren't they incredible?!!! I'm in love with Johnny. I want to marry him and have his babies.
T0rmented_Soul
I love goo goo dolls too, My all time favorite song from them is Iris.
femmefatale4160
Mine, too! It was great to hear the audience singing it at the concert. I find it interesting how wven when there are so few people who are talented vocalists, everyone comes together at a concert and sounds great.
technicolour
Rzenik throb.gif

Their new stuff is GREAT!
femmefatale4160
I know it is. I love their new album. LOVE IT.
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
I completley agree with everything you all have said. I'm a HUGE fan of The Goo Goo Dolls, have been ever since Dizzy Up The Girl, and when I heard they were coming out with Let Love In, I was stoked. Bought the CD as soon as it came out, and am very happy with it. My Favorite song off the new album is one of the last ones, "Become".

And I can't be the stranger
That's been sleeping in your bed just
Turn around and come to me
I feel all the pain inside
And everything you been denied you feel
It's all you feel.
femmefatale4160
Yes, Become is a good song. And even though it's on the radio all the time, I love Better Days.
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
Yea, Better Days was great when I first heard it, but it's one of those songs that since I've heard it so much (when I found out about the new album, I was constantly on their website playing it) it just becomes... predictable. Like I've gotten so used to hearing it, I don't even really "hear" it anymore, lol.

But don't get me wrong, it's a great song, just wish I hadn't been so addicted to it.
femmefatale4160
Yeah, I know what you mean.
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
Man, after seeing this thread, my Goo Goo Dolls' CD and my Jeff Buckley CD (currently in my CD player) are going to have to battle for the right to be played on my lunch break...it's a hard decision.
femmefatale4160
lol. LONG LIVE THE DOLLS!!!
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
mmm...just bought tickets for this concert on the 29th when it comes to NC.
femmefatale4160
GO YOU!!! Tell Johnny I love him.
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
Uhhh...that might make the non-existant relationship between Johnny and I already weirder then it is...

...But, for you, I'll do it.
femmefatale4160
Awww, thank you. ;-)
technicolour
QUOTE(BZbodyboarder84 @ Aug 10 2006, 8:34 AM) *
Yea, Better Days was great when I first heard it, but it's one of those songs that since I've heard it so much (when I found out about the new album, I was constantly on their website playing it) it just becomes... predictable. Like I've gotten so used to hearing it, I don't even really "hear" it anymore, lol.

But don't get me wrong, it's a great song, just wish I hadn't been so addicted to it.

Yes! That song, great song and all, but I heard it way too much. It was on Oprah, it was on CNN, it was on Fox News, its on ads for future television shows. BY GOD ITS EVERYWHERE!

But now I'm jealous. Take plenty of pictures. flowers.gif
femmefatale4160
It was on Oprah? WHERE WAS I???
ItsAMansWorld
did augustana open the date you went to?
technicolour
Not them, the band. The song.

She used it for her Hurricane Katrina special.
femmefatale4160
^I knew you meant the song. But still. I missed it.
technicolour
Oooh.

BUT IT FIT PERFECTLY! I cried during that episode of Oprah sad.gif
femmefatale4160
QUOTE(ItsAMansWorld @ Aug 10 2006, 11:37 AM) *
did augustana open the date you went to?

No, The Working Title opened. They were pretty good, but the lead singer is a spaz.

QUOTE(Kristinaa @ Aug 10 2006, 11:41 AM) *
Oooh.

BUT IT FIT PERFECTLY! I cried during that episode of Oprah sad.gif

No wait--I DID see that episode. Mmmkay, nevermind.
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
Goo Goo Dolls won the battle. Jeff Buckley is now in his CD case for the time being.
technicolour
QUOTE(BZbodyboarder84 @ Aug 10 2006, 1:58 PM) *
Goo Goo Dolls won the battle. Jeff Buckley is now in his CD case for the time being.

Yessss, the Goo pwn all.

who the heck is jeff buckley?
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
Wow...Jeff Buckley is only one of the most influential alternative artists to come out of the 90's. If you wanna listen to him, try "Lover, You Should've Come Over" and "Last Goodbye". Sadly...he's also known for "Hallelujah", a song featured on the OC...the song is good, but I hate how OC made him more mainstream.

He died in a drowning accident off of California towards the end of the 90's.
technicolour
QUOTE(BZbodyboarder84 @ Aug 10 2006, 9:01 PM) *
Wow...Jeff Buckley is only one of the most influential alternative artists to come out of the 90's. If you wanna listen to him, try "Lover, You Should've Come Over" and "Last Goodbye". Sadly...he's also known for "Hallelujah", a song featured on the OC...the song is good, but I hate how OC made him more mainstream.

He died in a drowning accident off of California towards the end of the 90's.

Hey...that song was in Shrek too! But Rufas Wainwright sang it.

I shall look him up.
aaaaaaaaaaaaa
You will not be dissapointed, at least, hopefully not.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.