Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Post Count
Forums > News and Announcements > Feedback > Feedback Resolved Topics
digital.fragrance
I have a question.. er.. idea...

Should we allow the posts in the Layouts sections to count towards our post counts? I bet we would get a lot more feedback in that section if it did, which would allow for more improvement with our graphics designers. Also, we would know what kinds of layouts people were looking for if they replied with their comments....

Also, if people take out their time to reply on a design, they deserve it to count towards their post count.

Thoughts?
DontBreatheMyName
I thought they took it out because it casued a lot of spam
digital.fragrance
^ I know - problem is... the posts, and many of the quality ones, became almost non-existant. I think members now have a hold on what's spam and what isn't... and the consequences.
Kathleen
Although I don't post in there often, I agree. I mean I've seen others post in there quite frequently.. and seeing as they never post anywhere else, their post count isn't upped. I feel bad. sad.gif
nyctophiliac
if the posts in there actually counted for something...I would post actual meaningful stuff mellow.gif
StanleyThePanda
I agree, this should deffinately be taken into consideration.
Because getting feedback on stuff is good. happy.gif
gelionie
I support this idea.

I'm sure that every designer wants some feedback on his/her work.

This might help bring more traffic to the design forums as well.
demolished
i support you.

rude posts are good too!
gelionie
^ uhm, but they have to be in accordance with the forum rules.
And I don't think rudeness will help the designer at all.
demolished
QUOTE(niez_cho @ Aug 5 2006, 9:27 PM) *
^ uhm, but they have to be in accordance with the forum rules.
And I don't think rudeness will help the designer at all.

i mean, a rude post would be, " MY GOD, YOUR MODULE SUCKS. IT'S TOO COLORFUL!!"

that's consider .. "helping".

idk. that's what i think.
lolita kitty
I agree that there aren't too many posts in the layouts section anymore, but if posts suddenly "count" in the layouts section, how can you be sure that the members know this? Also, if members start to post in the layouts section just to make their post count go up, it could create spam. The idea of trying to get more members to give feedback on the layouts is great, I just don't know if this particular solution will work. I'm iffy on it thumbsup.gif
demolished
^
but, spams are everywhere. it shouldnt matter, i think.
lolita kitty
^ That's true, but just because spam is everywhere doesn't mean it's encouraged. In this particular case, we're trying to get more feedback on the layouts, and spam obviously doesn't help.

QUOTE(Kathleen @ Aug 5 2006, 7:06 PM) *
Although I don't post in there often, I agree. I mean I've seen others post in there quite frequently.. and seeing as they never post anywhere else, their post count isn't upped. I feel bad. sad.gif

Oh, I agree. I've seen members who make 90% of their posts in the layouts section, and their post count is barely at 100.
digital.fragrance
Great! I'm glad so many are in support of this. So the objectives are to:

(A) get more feedback in the layouts sections
(B) Help those members that post there frequently by adding to their post count
C) deter spam
GREASEbaby
I am in great support of this.

While spam maybe a side affect, spam is everywhere. It doesn't help anywhere either, it's just something we have to live with but try to control.
mona lisa
I really hope that the fact that posts didn't count toward your PPD wasn't discouraging anyone from commenting on the layouts... that would be a shame.

For now, any posts in layout threads will count toward your PPD and increase your post count. _smile.gif
digital.fragrance
^ yay! Thanks Mona!
demolished
QUOTE(lolita kitty @ Aug 6 2006, 2:00 AM) *
^ That's true, but just because spam is everywhere doesn't mean it's encouraged. In this particular case, we're trying to get more feedback on the layouts, and spam obviously doesn't help.
Oh, I agree. I've seen members who make 90% of their posts in the layouts section, and their post count is barely at 100.

Yeah. ermm.gif But, we cant stop spam. i think, it's best to encourage people to post a decent cc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.