Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Making a DIV, but clear a few questions up for me please.
Forums > Resource Center > Support Center > MySpace Support > Myspace Resolved Topics
eccentric belle
I am twelve, and I have photoshop.
I want to learn how to make a DIV layout.
I beleive I know what it is because I edited this whole layout
www.myspace.com/raindropsofanenigma
graphics and all, but the problem is I don't know coding.
I mean sure I can replace everything and it will look amazing but what if I want to add something on?
I will not know the coding.

So my questions are;

I have dreamweaver, should I practice on that?
What kind of coding is myspace "css", etc?
Is a DIV something like an image map?
Whats the best way to understand HTML?
yellowskittleslyts
There's a topic at the top of this forum on this, it's a very good one too. look there :]
freeflow
DO NOT USE DREAMWEAVER. I'm telling you . You could but just don't.
http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=142922

I don't recommend it your first time around. Learn how to code w/out it. Then once you get it then you can use it so you get familiar.

No divs are not like image maps. Image map is making a link an image . Like you write the text in photoshop in an image. Then map it out.

The best way to learn html is tutorials etc. Dreamweaver is a good helper. For websites. Not myspace.
eccentric belle
Oh, I understand.
So i'm better off memorizing html then right?
xD Alright one more question, is it possible to turn a freeweb site into a domain?
freeflow
1. Well freewebs counts as awebsite I reccommend dreamweaver for that if you want. But like seriously memorizing isn't that hard. I use dreamweaver + memorize. happy.gif

2. You would have to by the domain and purchase hosting for it. Then you can take your freewebs layout makeit a html page and yea. Their is a way to get a free domain but it takes alot of work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.