Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Andy Warhol
Forums > Community Center > Academia > Art
cashmere deer
That's right I want to know how you feel about the infamous Andy Warhol. I've been hearing a lot about him seeing as the new movie 'Factory Girl' is coming out soon and I have realized that I am not as big a fan as most. I really like the whole pop art scene and he is obviously a very creative man but I never did find his art truly inspiring or even that original. So, share with me your opinions. Criticize, worship, and do whatever you feel is fit. Just tell me. How do you feel about this avant-garde filmmaker, actor, and artist?
clarissa
I kind of agree. He's made a huge impact and influence on art but what I think is that most people like him for his reputation more than his works, in my opinion.
cashmere deer
Agreed. I mean...seriously, ask anyone who claims to love Andy Warhol to name a dozen of his projects and the majority will have no clue how to answer. I don't hate him...I just...don't think he's that great?
kimmytree
Eh, he's okay. Some of his work is really nice. But then some of it is really strange.

I believe he designed the lable for Cambell's soup can.
Gypsy Eyes
As I have said before I'm not impressed with him. He didn't hand paint anything, he screen printed it. That doesn't take a lot of skill.
Saeglopur
I just like the pretty colors. :D
sadolakced acid
andy warhol is the bon diggity.

there's this cool poster my sister has of one of his works that i like.
Herizon Action
It's all a matter of opinion. Andy Warhol's ok, but I'm not so much into his art.
aubbob
andy warhol is an insane genius.
bananas.
AyeVickaye
I like his art. I have a andy warhol teal and silver knife bag :]
-DressYourEyelids-
QUOTE(AyeVickaye @ Jul 9 2009, 03:25 AM) *
I like his art. I have a andy warhol teal and silver knife bag :]

wow. you have brought a very old thread back from the grave.
manny-the-dino
Yeah please don't bump old topics. :/

I love Andy, btw.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.