Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gym Class Heroes
Forums > Community Center > Music
Pages: 1, 2
nopattern
I searched and I don't think there is a topic on them. Sorry if there is.

Anyway. Anybody else like them? I am in love with them. They're a hip-hop group from New York. They're on the same label as Fall Out Boy, Panic! At the Disco, The Academy Is..., and other various bands. If you haven't checked them out, you should.

PureVolume
MySpace
Official Website
sm0kinm0nky
They're alright.
I heard them on the Fueled By Ramen EP
PinkTrash
They're okay.. Im not really into them. Although my desktop is their logo cause it looks cool ;P
rockstermonkey
SNAP!
I love gym class heroes. "Taxi Driver" is like the song of the moment for me.
freeflow
I like the make out club? i think thats whats its called by them . a friend of mine got me addicted to that song.
silver-rain
Hmm, I'll go check them out.

edit: Ahah, they're not exactly my type of music. But I like Taxi Driver ahah.
FreeStickers
Taxi Driver<3

I found out about them a few months ago. I kind of forgot about them.
JumpforJoy
QUOTE(FreeStickers @ Sep 26 2005, 8:29 PM) *
Taxi Driver<3

I found out about them a few months ago. I kind of forgot about them.

I like Taxi Driver because he mentions Dashboard, Death Cab and Brand New. Awesome.

I REALLY like Cupid's Chokehold, cannot get it out of my head!!
nopattern
^haha, i noticed cupid's chokehold in your sig.

i think my favorite song is "petrified life and the twice told joke (decrepit bricks)". the papercut chronicles is just one of those albums you can put on and just think, imo.

and yayyyyy, they're new album "meaner than school children" (i think that's the title) is coming out july 17! i cannot wait. AND they're on warped tour. ahhh, i can't wait for this summer.
Hiphop d[-_-]b
Gym Class Heroes

"Gym Class Heroes is a four member hip-hop band from Geneva, New York. Instead of the conventional looped samples and canned beats, Gym Class Heroes uses live instruments. The band has produced an original hip-hop sound combining crisp guitar rhythms, deep melodic bass lines, and unique lyrics."

Their members are
Travis McCoy (Schleprok) - Vocals
Disashi Lumumba-Kasongo - Guitar
Matt McGinley - Drums
Eric Roberts - Bass Guitar

I love Gym Class Heroes. Their song Cupids Chokehold is pretty popular in underground right now. Anyone else know of them ?

I really like their songs feel and beats and the lyrics.

Check out
Cupids Chokehold
Makeout Club
Taxi Driver
Faces in the Hall

I really like those.
bballchick1
Are they on Fueled by Ramen Records? I think I read something about them in Fueled by Ramen's weekly newsletter.

Although, I haven't actually heard anything from them, but, I will definitely check them out.
jooleeah
Yeeees I listen to them :O Papercuts and Cupid's Chokehold = <3. New Friend Request or whatever is funny too :P
Hiphop d[-_-]b
Lol yeah I like new friend request.

QUOTE(bballchick1 @ Jul 5 2006, 9:05 PM) *
Are they on Fueled by Ramen Records? I think I read something about them in Fueled by Ramen's weekly newsletter.

Although, I haven't actually heard anything from them, but, I will definitely check them out.

Yeah, Fueled by Ramen and Decaydence
disco infiltrator
I've taken a listen and I can't say that I'm a fan. And it's not that I just don't like hip hop either; I do like some.
Unfold
haha new friend request is my favorite
sm0kinm0nky
QUOTE(bballchick1 @ Jul 6 2006, 12:05 AM) *

yeah my friend went to warped tour last year and got me a Fueled by Ramen EP and Gym Class Heroes was on it. They're pretty good
Siena Jade
I love "The Queen and I" =)

Did you see the Cobra Starship video, for "Snakes on a Plane (Bring It)" for the movie of the same name? Travis was pretty good in that.
RCcola
QUOTE(Siena Jade @ Aug 8 2006, 9:21 AM) *
I love "The Queen and I" =)

Did you see the Cobra Starship video, "Bring It On", for Snakes on a Plane? Travis was pretty good in that.

"Oh I'm ready for it!" Ahh...Snakes On A Plane (Bring It) is so addictive. throb.gif

Gym Class Heroes are soooo good. wub.gif I first heard of them when I was at Black Clouds and Underdogs and their music video came on.

When I dragged my guy friend to Warped Tour (he's not really into the "scene" and even more-so not into the music, i just begged him to go so i wouldn't go alone), they were the only band he liked. I was pretty happy that he was able to get something out of it. Even happier that it was GCH.
Danielle-Son
Saw them at Warped on Sunday. I like them now, alot. They were great.
nopattern
i made a topic about them awhile back.

http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php...=103321&hl=
n00b
QUOTE(RCcola @ Aug 8 2006, 11:52 AM) *
"Oh I'm ready for it!" Ahh...Snakes On A Plane (Bring It) is so addictive. throb.gif

I LOVE THAT SONG!
but i dont like the gym class heroes..
hmm
i dont like how they rap
Frizzank
Its unique.

..and beats the crap out of all the other Fueled by Ramen bands.
jumpropeforheart
the venues and shows they play don't really match their music style.

i mean come on...warped tour?

they are indeed very unique though.
nopattern
QUOTE(jumpropeforheart @ Aug 12 2006, 2:26 PM) *
the venues and shows they play don't really match their music style.

i mean come on...warped tour?

warped tour has a whole stage just for hip hop/rap bands.
jumpropeforheart
QUOTE(mo_rox @ Aug 12 2006, 4:08 PM) *
warped tour has a whole stage just for hip hop/rap bands.
i know...i was there, but it just seems to not be the type of thing a hip hop/rap band should be promoting at.
mznikki
i'm starting to love them. haha =]
Serendipity
It's a really unique style of music. But they're pretty cool, nevertheless. (=
nopattern
*might* be seeing them in november. i'm excited!
luck4mike
I'm feeling them... different hip hop which is cool
Detective
There alright but i only like 2 of there songs
moninja
weeeeee, i love gym glass heroes. i have all of their songs, but cupid's chokehold is kind of annoying now because i hear everyone singing it.
HakunaMatata
^Cupid's Chokehold broke into the top five plays within hours of download on le iPod, it was insane. One of the few songs I think I'm actually going to remember and hum to in a few years.
lovefooled
I heard this on the radio the other day, was very surprised. And even more surprised to see that it's in the Billboard Top Ten.
Jinny
except for cupids chokehold & new friend request, i hate their songs
=[
-sincerely
i only heard cupid's chokehold and new friend request. but they're good. _smile.gif
My Cinderella.
Their songs get me shaking and dancing. laugh.gif
michellerrific
I've only heard a few songs but they're pretty good.
LiLEthiopian
QUOTE(rockstermonkey @ Sep 26 2005, 6:29 PM) *
SNAP!
I love gym class heroes. "Taxi Driver" is like the song of the moment for me.

exactly. love that song.
"and just fall out boy meets girl, jimmy eat world..."
kourtneyroxs
i like them
megggnasty
LOVELOVELOVE them.
i usually don't like hip hop, but gym class heroes is like a mixture of many genres.
definitely worth checking out. c:
synthase
Gym Class Heroes are awesomee throb.gif
i love their unique style of music
Amay
I HATE HOW BEFORE EVERYONE WAS LIKE "WHO?" WHEN YOU SAID GYM CLASS HEROES AND NOW EVERYONE'S LIKE "OMGZZZZ I lUV dEm!12141354 eSpshLy cUpiD's cHokeHolD~~"
Sorry for the caps and nasty typing.
But it bugs the crap out of me.
How everyone LOVES them because of "Cupid's Chokehold" and not for their other great songs.

But anyway.
I love GCH.
Always have, always will. :]]
HakunaMatata
^Well, I'm totally guilty of that. I love Cupid's Chokehold, but I haven't listened to their other songs (yet). I mean, if I love that song, what's wrong with that?
OhMyAnniee
I don't like New Friend Request.

The first time I heard of them was on TV when they performed Cupid's Chokehold.
Hiphop d[-_-]b
Now that they're popular its so f**king annoying cus everyoen sings Cupids Chokehold and kills it. f**king bops.
breakingdawn
I've only heard a few of their songs but I like them a lot.

They're not really popular around here, so I haven't heard anyone singing "Cupid's Chokehold" ...yet.
My Cinderella.
I love it how she breathes booz in the morning, oh it's so sexy how she can't even remember last night.

... I think that's messed up a tad.

I remember first hearing it from my friend and getting hooked to the Queen and I.
AngryBaby
i like their videos, new friends list....i didnt pay attention to the actual song lol because the video was fantastic. probably the best videos produced by artists so far imo.
moninja
QUOTE(amerrss @ Mar 5 2007, 1:39 PM) *
I HATE HOW BEFORE EVERYONE WAS LIKE "WHO?" WHEN YOU SAID GYM CLASS HEROES AND NOW EVERYONE'S LIKE "OMGZZZZ I lUV dEm!12141354 eSpshLy cUpiD's cHokeHolD~~"
Sorry for the caps and nasty typing.
But it bugs the crap out of me.
How everyone LOVES them because of "Cupid's Chokehold" and not for their other great songs.

But anyway.
I love GCH.
Always have, always will. :]]

ugh, same here. i hate it when people do that and they've only heard one of the songs by them.
gym class heroes = one of my favorite bands. throb.gif
Smoogrish
Haha, it's weird. I hadn't heard them anywhere before I got their songs. -shrugs- I like them, but not all their songs. Some of them are annoying. ermm.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.