Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does anyone here do ballet.
Forums > Community Center > Interests > Sports
Ox_Su`Zie
post here. _smile.gif

Does anyone here do ballet.

Or have done it in the past?
ive done it for 4 years. its great.
angelrevelation
i did from age 4-6. i had to stop cuz my feet kept on hurting for some reason sad.gif i miss it.
technicolour
Did it when I was a tot.
AngelicEyz00
I did it for like... 4 years? My final year, I finally got to be on the pointe shoes.
AngryBaby
i try not too brag, but i *cough* performed for the queen. of africa
Ox_Su`Zie
QUOTE(AngelicEyz00 @ Jun 5 2006, 11:05 PM) *
I did it for like... 4 years? My final year, I finally got to be on the pointe shoes.

I actually just started using "pointe" shoes 3 months ago and im just getting used to the bloody toes and blisters.. wink.gif
My Cinderella.
I used to do ballet when I was little. Then I stopped when we got up to the part with the squared top shoes.
Ox_Su`Zie
QUOTE(My Cinderella. @ Jun 5 2006, 11:11 PM) *
I used to do ballet when I was little. Then I stopped when we got up to the part with the squared top shoes.

lol theyre called "POiNTE" shoes.. rolleyes.gif
AngryBaby
look, she think she's all cool with her ballet rederic^ hmph
Ox_Su`Zie
QUOTE(L!ckitySplit @ Jun 5 2006, 11:14 PM) *
look, she think she's all cool with her ballet rederic^ hmph

its not like that. tongue.gif

Im just serious about it and i wasnt being cool.
technicolour
Oh man I stopped before we got to the pointe shoes. The blisters and just..it looked like it hurt so I quit.
voguelove
i started regular ballet at 5. added jazz with it at the same time. did tap as my main thing at 6 and 7. returned back to ballet and jazz at 8. moved up to pointe at 11. im 16 now.

and to tell you the truth, ive never gotten a blister on my toes. only on my heel because the fabric hadnt been worn in.
pinacoolada
I did it in 4th grade..which helped my cheerleading skills..but that's over..I'm no longer that flexible.. ermm.gif
AngelicEyz00
Since when is ballet a sport??
Gypsy Eyes
It's not so much a sport, but it hurts like one.

I live and breathe ballet. I've been doing it since I was three, and pointe since I was 8.

And good pair of pointe shoes won't give you blisters; bruises and burns maybe but not blisters.
n00b
never
StanleyThePanda
I did it from the age of 6 to like.. 11ish
Ruler Face
I was in ballet in 3rd and 4th grade.
I obviously stopped, but now I'm in 9th grade..
and I have a right and left split.
Sweet.
hollywood.
I did ballet when I went to an Academy. But that was like in Pre-K. When we did our recitals to Pocahontas music. shifty.gif
Gypsy Eyes
I think everyone who has taken dance has done a song from pocahantas
sakaitone
QUOTE(Gypsy Eyes @ Jun 27 2006, 11:57 PM) *
I think everyone who has taken dance has done a song from pocahantas

Lmao. No I haven't. I am still taking ballet classes. I have more classes now because I am on pointe. Blisters? Don't you wear toe-pads?
marzipan
i did when i was really little, but my teacher sucked. i've thought about doing it again, but i just don't have time.
Gypsy Eyes
QUOTE(sakaitone @ Jul 2 2006, 7:53 PM) *
Blisters? Don't you wear toe-pads?

Many serious academy's don't allow toe pads because they aren't allowed in the professional world. Just numbing spray.
.lyricalLIES
I want to revive this thread. So I am.
I've been doing ballet since I was four and then I added in tap a year after and then three years later I added in jazz. I stopped ballet when I was 11 and kept tap and jazz. A year after I stopped tap. The following year stopped jazz and converted into hip hop. Breaking my posture was... hard and plus, I wasn't a nice hip hop dancer so now, I'm back in ballet.

For the 7 years that I had ballet, my teacher were kinda bad and well, in my new school, i'm in intermediate/advanced and it comes to show that I new NOTHING from the ballet world. So now, I'm re-learning all that I should and well, I'm trying to regain flexibility so I can be a noodle. I'm not on pointes and I don't want to do it xD I was to stay on normal ballet. I like it so much more. I don't know why.

Comeback people!
Be alive!
Let's make a club <3
imm
Yup! Keep on keepin on. 11 years homieeeees.
My Cinderella.
I don't remember if I posted in this topic or not but I used to take ballet--I stopped though. The pointy shoes got scary.
.lyricalLIES
Awww, you couldn't continue on the normal ballet shoes instead on pointe?
I'm scared to xD

And I have to say that I'm obsessed with the whole ballet outfit, it's so comfortable and what not. The tights, leg warmers, ect... I'm just obsessed.
Gypsy Eyes
^(in response to your earlier post)We should make a club! There would only be like 2 members but it's all good.

So it's nutcracker season, anyone in one?
Serendipity
I used to dance tap & ballet for about 4-5 years. It was so much fun, but I guess got too busy. ]:
.lyricalLIES
QUOTE(Gypsy Eyes @ Dec 7 2006, 9:08 PM) *
^(in response to your earlier post)We should make a club! There would only be like 2 members but it's all good.

So it's nutcracker season, anyone in one?

So?
We'd be a super cool club!

And a family friend suggested that we go see the nutcracker.
My mom seems quite interested in it!

And Serendipity, Aww! It happens to me too. I had to cut off my cultural dancing, 'cause i'm starting to get busy =[
KissMe2408
Actually i'm taking Ballet now this semester at college, and honestly, i love it.
I thought i would hate it, but there is something about it that just is really energizing and relaxing. So yeah i love it.

I love dancing in general, Next semester i hope to take Jazz or Hip-Hop as well.
Gypsy Eyes
QUOTE(.lyricalLIES @ Dec 7 2006, 9:33 PM) *
So?
We'd be a super cool club!

And a family friend suggested that we go see the nutcracker.
My mom seems quite interested in it!

And Serendipity, Aww! It happens to me too. I had to cut off my cultural dancing, 'cause i'm starting to get busy =[

If you get a chance to see nutcracker, go for it! The NYCB Nutcracker is truely amazing
GlecieC
I used to take ballet when I was little but stopped. I didn't like it back then. When I got a little older, I started polynesian dancing and loved it ever since. I haven't been dancing inna while, but I perform every now and then.

I wish I continued w/ ballet. It could've done me wonders -sigh-
showstopper!
I did ballet in Pre-K and kindergarten.
priyas
nope. but my friend does.
Jinny
i did ballet when i was young, then did it until like, 7.
then stopped.
idk why.
voguelove
i posted some pictures of me en pointe here..

http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=166716
gita
i have done about 4-5 years of ballet, and although i do enjoy it, i much prefer jazz. i do modern as well, but i like ballet more than modern. i don't EVER plan on doing pointe, though - having danced, a few years ago, at a studio where i watched many professional dancers taking their pointe shoes off after class, i've seen too many bruised, blistered and battered feet to be willing to put myself through that. many women trained in pointe never walk the same way again, and have other health issues such as back pain and things like that, due to their ruined feet. HOWEVER, if people are properly trained and do not misuse their talent, they can sometimes make it out OK. as for me - i'll stick to jazz =]
voguelove
QUOTE(gita @ Feb 10 2007, 11:59 PM) *
i don't EVER plan on doing pointe, though - having danced, a few years ago, at a studio where i watched many professional dancers taking their pointe shoes off after class, i've seen too many bruised, blistered and battered feet to be willing to put myself through that. many women trained in pointe never walk the same way again, and have other health issues such as back pain and things like that, due to their ruined feet.

...thats not true. i did pointe for years and i never got blisters. just on my heel when i got new pointe shoes because the fabric was new. i posted a picture of my not so good arch and my feet look perfectly fine. i dont have weird looking toes or.."bad feet."
Stefanny
QUOTE(showstopper! @ Jan 3 2007, 3:44 PM) *
I did ballet in Pre-K and kindergarten.
Yeah, me too.
Gypsy Eyes
QUOTE(mango.peach @ Feb 11 2007, 1:23 AM) *

...thats not true. i did pointe for years and i never got blisters. just on my heel when i got new pointe shoes because the fabric was new. i posted a picture of my not so good arch and my feet look perfectly fine. i dont have weird looking toes or.."bad feet."

When you dance at an intensive, professional level there is no padding allowed and there is usually 6-9 hours of rehearsal at a time. If you dance like that for extended periods of time your feet will become deformed and blistered.
radhikaeatsraman
QUOTE(Gypsy Eyes @ Feb 12 2007, 4:16 PM) *
When you dance at an intensive, professional level there is no padding allowed and there is usually 6-9 hours of rehearsal at a time. If you dance like that for extended periods of time your feet will become deformed and blistered.

But why, exactly, is padding not allowed?
Gypsy Eyes
Shoes don't fit as well with it, and you can feel the floor better. Usually only tape is allowed.
LovableGullible
i did ballet for 9 1/2 years. i did pointe for 4 1/2. i sometimes miss it. it just sucks because i get alot of after pain from all the years i danced on my legs.
i only left because my teacher was unfair and she gave all the good parts for the shows to her favorite students and not to any of the dancers that deserved the parts they tried out for. she also messed up my ankle and said i back talked to her.
i might go back though i dont know yet.
DarkImpressions
Not really,But in dance,We have to do technique,Well its really for the girls,But yeaa,Its sorta funny when I do it better than them!
Pumpx3itup
I did it when i was in pre-k...Hated it
did it again in fifth grade...Hated it
I might try it again...but I'm more of
a skateboarder snbowboarder person hhaha
katieee110290
i have been dancing ballet 14 years :] it's my favorite i also take tap jazz and theater at the moment :]
shoryuken
<<< PROO..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.