Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: John Sportin': New Rhyme Slinger!
Forums > Community Center > Music
Steven Jackson
Today the light will shine on Rap Artist John Sportin’

Jackson: How the hell are you man?

Sportin’: Everything is good Jackson! I’m doin’ my thing!

Jackson: What’s been going on since the last interview?

Sportin’: A whole lot! The buzz has been getting crazy man! I like being me right now!

Jackson: Is that right?

Sportin’: Hell yeah! I’m starting to get a lot of attention from a lot of different people in the business. I’m excited! Labels are reaching out to me and my manager Robert Wallace and since the last time we spoke I’ve been grinding like crazy!

Jackson: I can feel your energy right about now but I must say Brooklyn is pushing out Rap Artists like a pregnant woman delivering a new born baby. I’m also hearing about these two new artists making noise too! Papoose and Gravy who are also from Brooklyn. Do you know any of these artists?

Sportin': Yeah! I know of them but not personally.

Jackson: What is it about Brooklyn and rap?

Sportin': What can I say Jackson. It’s a lot of hip hop lovers in the BK and the majority of people in Brooklyn listen to Hip Hop more than they listen to any other genre. Plus every young female or male wants to represent Brooklyn to the fullest.

Jackson: Where do you rank yourself with the two artist just mentioned?

Sportin’: I respect both of those artists. As far as I’m concern they both are putting out good material but I’m a good artist myself and with that said, my pops always told me never put another man above myself. So you know I’m putting myself in the number one position.

Jackson: When do you think your music will be available for purchase in the Record Stores?

Sportin': Mid-summer for sure! Depending on pending situations.

Jackson: What’s going on with your record deal you should’ve been signed by now playboy?

Sportin': Yeah I know! We’re just waiting on the right situation to come forward that’s all! You know how that goes.

Jackson: Since launching your new web page 1. www.johnsportin.com what the listeners have to say about your music?

Sportin': we’ve been getting a lot of good feedback, people been hitting it up and requesting more and more music.

Jackson: You have a sound of your own but you really do sound like the Notorious Biggie Smalls. Do you have any new songs that I have not heard?

Sportin': People tell me that I sound similar to Biggie all the time! What can I say but to answer your question I have a lot of new music. We complete like a good 6-7 songs a week. I basically live in the studio, I go to the studio right after work, I spend my weekends in the studio, eat dinner at the studio everything. No Joke! Ha Ha!

Jackson: Do any radio stations give you air play?

Sportin': Hell Yeah! The radio stations been showing your boy plenty of love. I’m talkin’ radio stations out side of New York, even a few in other countries. I’m getting a lot of love on thebestjams.com So I'm happy about that!

Jackson: What has been the hardest hurdle to obtain the ultimate of goal a record deal?

Sportin': Patients! Some days I hear a voice in my head telling me that it’s taking too long and sometimes it feels like it’s never going to happen but when I look back at where I’ve come from it just gives me more motivation to go in the studio and work harder on more material.

Jackson: I get a lot of comments from people who read my interviews. What I want to do with you is give out a dozen or so of your CDs to folks who want to check you out! Can we do that playboy?

Sportin’: I don’t mind! Ok lets do it!

Jackson: We’ll talk more behind the scenes and I thank you for your time and I look forward to seeing you again for an update!

Questions and Comments for Celebrity Interviewer Steven Jackson Write Him at: newyorklegend@yahoo.com

"INSTANT MESSAGE" (IM) Filled With Sex, Lies and Hatred! http://www.authorhouse.com/BookStore/ItemD...okid~29226.aspx
bballchick1
Umm...okay then.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.