Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ITS A GIRL!
Forums > Community Center > Music
voguelove
Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt have welcomed a baby girl, Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt, a rep for the couple confirms exclusively to PEOPLE.

The child was born on May 27, at night, in the African country of Namibia.

The new parents, along with kids Maddox, 4, and Zahara, 1, have been staying at a luxury resort in Namibia since April, where their personal security team and Namibian police have shielded them from paparazzi.

Last week, the Namibian government said foreign journalists wishing to cover the birth must have written permission from Pitt and Jolie to enter the country and obtain a work permit.

The new girl is the couple's first biological child. Jolie adopted Maddox from Cambodia in 2002 and Zahara from Ethiopia last year. Pitt is in the process of legally adopting both children.

The baby is the latest step in a life-changing year during which Pitt and Jolie went from costars (in last summer's slick crime thriller Mr. and Mrs. Smith) to supercouple to, finally, Mommy and Daddy.

CREDIT: RAMEY"It's the idea that you love one another and you want to create a family together," a friend of the couple's told PEOPLE earlier this year. "What's beautiful is you can do it by birth (or) by adoption."

Word that Angelina was pregnant first broke on Jan. 11, when representatives of both stars confirmed the baby news to PEOPLE after the actress and U.N. goodwill ambassador had confided to a charity aid worker in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic: "Yes, I'm pregnant."

The pregnancy news – which came shortly after Pitt's announcement that he planned to adopt Maddox and Zahara – might have been a media bombshell, but it was a natural progression for the pair who put nest-building on the fast track.

Jolie, 30, had long spoken about expanding her family, and told PEOPLE last October that she would like to adopt again. "There's something about making a choice, waking up and traveling somewhere and finding your family," she said.

CREDIT: SPLASH NEWSPitt, 42, has also often talked about wanting a family. He has no children from his 4-year marriage to Jennifer Aniston, which ended last year.

"I think he'll be wonderful (with the new baby)," Pitt's Assassination of Jesse James costar, Mary-Louise Parker, told PEOPLE earlier this year. "He's a great guy, conscientious and kind. I'm happy for both of them."

actually..i didnt even know she was due this month. i was thinking july? oh well. congrats.
sw33t_rouge
wow i dont like that name ): but angelina=bradd= hot baby
technicolour
Shiloh? Reminds me of that dog story.

Oh well, Congratulations. Maybe now we won't be hearing about them so damn much.
mz sneaky
congrats to them (:
i think they make such a good couple.
lalalaLANUH
Shiloh? Poor girl. I wonder...how she's going to look when she grows up.
Ah well, congrats to the happy couple.
StrangeMagic
HOT DANG! I WON THE BET BETWEEN MY SISTER AND I! WOO! I knew it was gonna be a girl! haha 50 bucks coming my way!
sprezzatura
I really despise the baby's name...shiloh...

Congrats to them!
hi-C
QUOTE(sw33t_rouge @ May 27 2006, 9:51 PM) *
wow i dont like that name ): but angelina=bradd= hot baby

We'll see. The baby will either be the prettiest kid of all time or the ugliest. Genes can work against you, after all.
silver-rain
Shiloh sounds like a guy's name. And it also reminds me of that dog too! Gah, what's with the weird baby names among celebrities?

Anyways, I wish them the best of luck with their children.
stephinika
^^
Haha yeah...ah well. But like Carrie said, it's either going to be absolutely gorgeous or hideous... But congratulations to them! Their baby has the same birthday as my boyfriend. tongue.gif Haha...
mzkandi
That's going to be one beautiful kid. Congrats to them.
miseryheartsme
Aww, How cute. <33
KissMe2408
Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt

^hmm.. interesting choice of name...

In a way it's a slap in the face to Jennifer in my opinion, however that is neither here or there.
Wonder what this kid is going to look like when she grows up...
Simba
Interesting name...

Congrats to Brad and Jolie.
CrackedRearView
Like others have said, wow! That's going to be the most beautiful girl imaginable...
Rachel
^We'll see. You never know, the kid could end up being heinous...
chaneun
The baby MIGHT not be hot when she's older because.. well, look at Jamie Lee Curtis.
Weird addiction
Beautiful name! Damn, the baby's going to be a very hottt girl when she grows up.
My Cinderella.
I was hoping that it would be a boy. mellow.gif But, Shiloh's a good name. It reminds me of one of my favorite movies though. Wonder if they took any pictures.
SarahxJoy
They were talking about this on CNN. I didn't think she was that early due. blink.gif Has it already been nine months?
Either way, congrats to them and I hope they can keep it together. _smile.gif
I Shot JFK
i really hope she doesnt get her mother's lips...

and also, i object to the description of mr and mrs smith as a 'slick crime thriller'
hi-C
QUOTE(Rachel is love @ May 29 2006, 10:49 AM) *
^We'll see. You never know, the kid could end up being heinous...
laugh.gif I love that word, "heinous"

QUOTE(My Cinderella. @ May 29 2006, 12:45 PM) *
Wonder if they took any pictures.
The press sure didn't. Brad, Angelina, and the Namimbian government made damn sure of that.
yummy_delight
It's a girl?

Honey PLEASE. It's a dog.

Poor girl. "Hi, my name is Shiloh Jolie-Pitt." sad.gif
Gigi
^ LOL. That's exactly what I was thinking...

Congrats to them, but I can't help but still say "UGH". Damn, I love Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie as individuals but together, I simply cannot accept them.

Let's hope their baby is beautiful.
hi-C
QUOTE(I Shot JFK @ May 30 2006, 6:20 PM) *
i really hope she doesnt get her mother's lips...

and also, i object to the description of mr and mrs smith as a 'slick crime thriller'

You know what's funny? I was watching Entertainment Tonight (horrid show, my mom loves it) earlier tonight and they said the baby has Angelina's lips and Brad's nose.

Also, where I come from, Shiloh is also the name of a Baptist church.
Gigi
^ Shiloh's the Hebrew word for Messiah, that's what I read.

Maybe that was already mentioned but I'm too lazy to read through everything in this thread. =p
hi-C
^ Is it really? Good Lord. That's like Kal-El Coppola Cage. But at least Kal-El is only an allegory.
I Shot JFK
actually, i kinda like the name...

but oh dear... poor child. thos elips on a baby. i dont know what bard pitt's nose looks like, so i'll reserve judgement.
Ox_Su`Zie
Pretty tight on security eh? You have to have PERMISSION to enter the country.. oh well. I dont like her name shiloh or smething like that. hmm guess its there kid. mellow.gif
Jeng
the baby has a long name hehe
PrincessAda
Angelina is pretty. Brad is hot.They make a cute couple.I wonder how they`re baby looks like.
TaiintedDesiires
I hate the name. The baby is going to be one really ugly or really pretty girl. I can't imagine Angelina and Brad crossed together. That's just weird. I hope she gets Brad's lips...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.