Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fellow actors come talk
Forums > Community Center > The Lounge
thespianham08
so im bored, i wannted to talk abotu acting stuff, comunity theatre high sckool theatre anyone wana chat?
I Shot JFK
hrrm. i bitterly resent the fact that my school does a musical every year for its main production. yeah, its amazing fun to watch and produce, but only certain people can have a lead role. such is life.

but anyway, im taking my drama A level at the moment... we did Blithe Spirit by Noel Coward as our play. good fun.
thespianham08
ya at my skool we are doing footloose, and of course is favorites get the leads I HATE IT!!! ITS SO FRUSTRATEING!!!! i like hem all they jsut well THEY CANT SING there awsome peolple but its true and next year were doing highskool musical! we dont even have a musical director! (sry im venting haha)
I Shot JFK
highschool musical as in the disney channel thing?

see, forme its not even so much that its favourtism, but because we're such a small school, there are only a couple of people who can reasonably be cast.

see, next year were doing west side story, and i KNOW who will be in the lead roles. And they totally deserve it, adn everything because they are amazing singers, but they had the leads in Jesus Christ Superstar this year as well, which just seems unfair. i mean, such is life, and all that crap, but still.
thespianham08
yes the disney chanel thing :(
i wanna do somehting real like into the woods

I KNOW! like in beauty and the beast the same people ahd the leads i mean i knwo there good but rotation would be nice! i want an opurtunity ive been taking vocal lessons and acting classes! but nothing seems to work in my teachers eyes! thats why i do comuntiy theatre i was jsut in aladdin and i was the genie (best time of my life) i hope highschool gets better nest year and stuff! and there is so much gossip and drama! DRIVES ME CRAZY pinch.gif
I Shot JFK
hrrm. interesting choice.

see, i cant sing a note. i am hideously tone deaf, and it is quite apalling. i just want the school to do a piece of drama instead of a musical. although, in all fairness, now that i take drama, it isnt a problem, but still, it would be nice to do a school production next year, it'll be my last after all.

oh, and theatre people are hte most dramatic, gossipy lot i know. i LOVE it.
thespianham08
to be ohnest i love it as well haha but soemtimes it gets to CRAZY

wait ur skool doesnt do a play and a musical
I Shot JFK
no. in the first term, we do abig musical which is performed right before christmas. there is usualy nothing the next term, except for the drama class play. there is a play in the summer term, but its only for the 1st-4th years, so im too old to take part.
thespianham08
summer term wait were do u live? thats wierd i do a play in the fall and a musical in the spring
I Shot JFK
i live in england, and go to a small private school.
KissMe2408
QUOTE(I Shot JFK @ May 18 2006, 6:36 PM) *
oh, and theatre people are hte most dramatic, gossipy lot i know. i LOVE it.

^haha i will agree with that.
Though they are the most fun, I get along with theater people.
They all usually have a certain degree of weirdness to them.

I love doing musicals last one I did was Seussical the Musical.
Also been in Good News, A musical medley, grease, annie, cinderella....
Usually I go out of school now to do musicals, local theater productions and stuff.
Though the college i'm going to puts on decent ones and i regret turning down a part
last year.

As for acting, i've taken a class at the college, i love it.

Acting is one of the main reasons why i do music theater.
I mean I love to sing and dance as well...obviously.
but acting is my favorite.

It's hard to get into that business though,all the auditions, classes, resumes/headshots, and getting your name out there and all.
Rampage
^You're right, it's REALLY hard. My friend who is studying to be a theatre actress got a surgery to loose weight. She works herself nearly to death. Theatre actors have to know dance, song, music, acting, make-up, and tons of behind the scenes stuff. Not to mention trying to GET in the plays, everything is very competitive AND expensive.

On the other hand my other friend is trying to be a film actress, which involves a lot of work on image as well.
mipadi
I used to act in an improvisational theatre troupe, but that was years ago. It was fun, but I don't do it anymore.
I Shot JFK
hrrm, speaking of improv, has anyone ever done the excercise where a group has to retell a fairtale in exactly 60 seconds?

s'fun.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.