Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: why is our generation so retarded
Forums > Community Center > The Lounge
innovation
Not sure if this has been posted already.. but I am so incredibly ashamed.

CLICK HERE
Rampage
Was this filmed in America?
marzipan
O_O .............retards
salcha
Should we laugh or cry?
technicolour
Chumps.

Some people truly are oh so stupid.
MrElsewhere
lol.

i asked that in my own school.
xforgottenlove
LOL omfg.. i doubt they even know what suffrage means XD
xscore
wasn't this scripted?
one of my coaches told me it was basically acted out.
Rampage
It's probably the result of being online too much.
xosteffanator
Wow they're dumb mellow.gif
hiromi
QUOTE(salcha @ May 15 2006, 7:57 PM) *
Should we laugh or cry?

I'd cry.

... We're fockin` doomed.
stephinika
What. The. Shiet. Thats ridiculous. =p
EddieV
Well I can see some people don't use the Dictionary.
[Mediocre]Artist
First of all this video isn't a reason why our generation is "retarded", its an example of the condition you so wrongly think befits an entire group of people based on one uncredible video from a extremely limited pool. That being said, 'twas an amusing video.
AnnahhbeL
They're...dumb.
lol.
flc
QUOTE(x___F0RG0TTEN @ May 15 2006, 7:01 PM) *
LOL omfg.. i doubt they even know what suffrage means XD
That's why it's funny. They probably thought it meant women's suffering.
vintageheartx3
QUOTE(×__Elle. @ May 15 2006, 7:12 PM) *
That's why it's funny. They probably thought it meant women's suffering.

suffrage - Its says the right to vote or privalege to voting.
umm, its pretty much dumb, i tought that ended a long time ago.
during the old times of learning social studies.
Comik-knerd
oh my goodness..these ppl are in collage??? pinch.gif
EddieV
^ Don't you notice the uniform...
Statues/Shadows
^What would uniforms have to do with college?

sdkhfsejkkjshef

Yeah. That's just a bit sad.
I Shot JFK
Artist' date='May 16 2006, 2:04 AM' post='2047175']
First of all this video isn't a reason why our generation is "retarded", its an example of the condition you so wrongly think befits an entire group of people based on one uncredible video from a extremely limited pool. That being said, 'twas an amusing video.

perhaps im naively hopeful, but i tend to agree.

that seemed scripted. i hope that was scripted, at least.
mipadi
QUOTE(I Shot JFK @ May 16 2006, 4:19 PM) *
that seemed scripted. i hope that was scripted, at least.

I can definitely imagine people being that dumb.
Statues/Shadows
Artist' date='May 15 2006, 9:04 PM' post='2047175']

yes, well obviously it was only a microcoasm. Nevertheless, do you ever stop and listen to the people around you in school? Obviously this is only an axample, but that's hardly the point. People actually are that ignorant.
I Shot JFK
QUOTE(Statues/Shadows @ May 16 2006, 9:22 PM) *
yes, well obviously it was only a microcoasm. Nevertheless, do you ever stop and listen to the people around you in school? Obviously this is only an axample, but that's hardly the point. People actually are that ignorant.

to be fair, it really is just an example of all the people who didnt know the definiton of ONE word. and if it was unscripted, it didnt show how many people told him too f**k of.

and there is no a in microcosm.
StanleyThePanda
laugh.gif hahahahaha that video is great.
It made my day.
Simba
QUOTE(mipadi @ May 16 2006, 4:19 PM) *

Word...
That video is whack.
Statues/Shadows
QUOTE(I Shot JFK @ May 16 2006, 4:25 PM) *
to be fair, it really is just an example of all the people who didnt know the definiton of ONE word. and if it was unscripted, it didnt show how many people told him too f**k of.

and there is no a in microcosm.

yes, it was a typo. you typing sucks too. you've gotten me in a rage again, so i really can't be assesd to check over things

that isn't the point, though. the fact that that many people didn't know what it meant was sad enough (for all intensive purposes, we're pretending this was actually unscripted)
I Shot JFK
i thought so, but i wasnt sure. it seemed a reasonable error.

why are we pretending its unscripted?
Statues/Shadows
Not pretending. We just don't know. Andf if it's scrited, it would basically destroy the whole point of the conversation, so I clarified.
I Shot JFK
i still think it was scripted.
Statues/Shadows
I really don't care either way. *shrug*
My Cinderella.
"School of excellence"

laugh.gif
Crich323
I looked up Padua College School of Excellence on google.

And I found....

One Padua College is in Queensland, Australia.

& the other one is in France? But the catch is that it's an ALL boys Catholic School.
what's up with that?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was or was not scripted.

What surprised me is how the girls didn't ask what it was and there wasn't any bad language out of it. _unsure.gif
Rachel
QUOTE(mipadi @ May 16 2006, 1:19 PM) *

But I do think that all those who signed the petition thought that suffrage=suffering (assuming that it was unscripted). Don't blame them for being ignorant, maybe they legit had never heard the term suffrage. Besides, I am sure that 1/2 of the people who replied here would have signed the petition, not knowing that suffrage meant the right to vote.
emazing

Aw, that's sad.
I like the song in the background, haha.
rolleyes.gif Well at least one girl two girls were smart enough to realize that they weren't serious about the petition.
flc
QUOTE(vintageheartx3 @ May 16 2006, 3:18 AM) *
suffrage - Its says the right to vote or privalege to voting.
Lol, I know what it means. I was just saying that the girls probably linked 'suffrage' with 'suffering' and were like, "Yeah, women's suffering! LET'S END IT!!"
mipadi
QUOTE(Rachel is love @ May 16 2006, 7:00 PM) *
But I do think that all those who signed the petition thought that suffrage=suffering (assuming that it was unscripted). Don't blame them for being ignorant, maybe they legit had never heard the term suffrage. Besides, I am sure that 1/2 of the people who replied here would have signed the petition, not knowing that suffrage meant the right to vote.

Well, then they're dumb. And if we don't blame them for being ignorant, who do we blame?

I know it might seem "uncool" to call people dumb, but a college student should at least vaguely know what women's suffrage was all about. I can understand a person who never went to college or perhaps never graduated high school, but a person in college should know something about history. Women's suffrage is a pretty important topic, and even a person with only the vaguest notion of the history of women's voting in the US will know what women's suffrage was. It's not even like the interviewer was asking foreign students who might not have much knowledge of US history.
Rachel
I am just saying that people probably didn't recogize suffrage yo, I personally don't find them that dumb.
flc
QUOTE(Rachel is love @ May 16 2006, 6:00 PM) *
Besides, I am sure that 1/2 of the people who replied here would have signed the petition, not knowing that suffrage meant the right to vote.
That's because the majority of people here are 13/14, not female college students..
mipadi
I'm sure they may have thought the guy said "suffering", or thought he meant that, but I think it's likely because they don't know what "suffrage" is.
absinthe
my hands are twitching. i want to slap them. have they not had us hist yet? how can you not know what sufferage is after taking that class if not before. wtf.
Rachel
QUOTE(×__Elle. @ May 16 2006, 7:04 PM) *
That's because the majority of people here are 13/14, not female college students..

Well they are trying to act like they know what it means, and that is annoying. mellow.gif

I'm not sticking up for the girls, I am just saying that we don't even know if it's scripted or not. To me, it seems fake as hell.
aubbob
ahh wow...
thats pretty stupid. wacko.gif
flc
QUOTE(Rachel is love @ May 16 2006, 9:56 PM) *
Well they are trying to act like they know what it means, and that is annoying. mellow.gif
If it was real, they did think they knew what it meant. They thought it meant like, women's repression or something. They weren't pretending or trying to look cool.
Rachel
^I am talking about the kids in this forum, not the college girls.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.